Early Industrial watchcases Wilterding/Harrold

Discussion in 'Horological Books' started by timelyrestorations, Jan 11, 2005.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. timelyrestorations

timelyrestorations Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jan 26, 2001
    Country Flag:
    Does anyone know if John Wilterding and Michael Harrold have published their article on early industrial watchcases? If so, where can I obtain a copy?

Cheers,
    Doug

2. timelyrestorations

timelyrestorations Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jan 26, 2001
    Country Flag:
    Does anyone know if John Wilterding and Michael Harrold have published their article on early industrial watchcases? If so, where can I obtain a copy?

Cheers,
    Doug

3. Modersohn

Modersohn Registered User

Nov 15, 2003
    What venues would/could they publish in, other than the nawcc bulletin?

thanks, Modersohn

4. zepernick

zepernick Deceased

Aug 8, 2004
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Greetings Doug -- A quick look at the _Bulletin_ on-line Index didn't show an article on this theme by W&H. Might they -- as Modersohn asked -- intend to publish it elsewhere? If however it's to appear in the _Bulletin_, a quick e-note to Editor Diana de Lucca would no doubt indicate when or "whenabouts". Regards, Doug in AZ 118804.

5. Modersohn

Nov 15, 2003
    Wait! this question may now have a definitive answer. Is this the article published in the current bulletin?

Mo

6. Jon Hanson

Jon Hanson Registered User
    NAWCC Member Golden Circle

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    Boston, Ma.
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    current bulletin?

7. Modersohn

Nov 15, 2003
    or maybe an old bulletin which, for unknown reasons, landed on my nighttable, and which I was reading last night. :confused: hmm. will check.

Mo

No, turns out it's the April 2005 Nawcc bulletin. "Early Industrial Watches" part II. Part I was "Fahys of Sag Harbour, New York" in June 2001 bulletin, page 316 (per a note on the first page of the article).

8. Dr. Jon

Dr. Jon Moderator
    NAWCC Member

Dec 14, 2001
    Aerospace Engineer
    New Hampshire
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    By the way I enjoyed the article so much that I looked up part one. That has no where near so much information, as it is about the history of a building that made watch cases more than about the case making technology.