Early American Watch J. C. Adams eBay 2636575448

ckeithjohnson

Aug 27, 2000
This watch went off today and I thought it would bring more. Apparently the watch was not known to have a connection with the famous J. C. Adams who was involved in the formation of the Elgin, Illinois, Cornell, Peoria and Adams and Perry watch companies. What is the story?
Newbie, Keith

ckeithjohnson

Aug 27, 2000
This watch went off today and I thought it would bring more. Apparently the watch was not known to have a connection with the famous J. C. Adams who was involved in the formation of the Elgin, Illinois, Cornell, Peoria and Adams and Perry watch companies. What is the story?
Newbie, Keith

Fred Hansen

NAWCC Member
Aug 18, 2002
Country
Isn't the JC Adams one of Cornell's more common grades? And it did have a cracked Waltham dial put on it.

Fred

Jon Hanson

Golden Circle
Aug 24, 2000
Boston, Ma.
www.americanhorologe.com
Country
Region
Yes, it is probably the third most common of the varieties!

The dial feet are about the same-would it not have been more smart to put a "plain" Waltham dial on the Cornell?

Jon Hanson, nawcc#8801
Founder and President chapter 149, The Early American Watch Club

ckeithjohnson

Aug 27, 2000
Thank you mentors for enlightening me. The seller told me that the case was an American Watch company early coin case and I thought it may be a Model 57 as I am not experienced enough to recognize the movement.Turns out the bid was probably a little high.Another day that I learned a little something about watches. Thanks again, Keith

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sam P
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
NAWCC Online Structure and Operation by Tom McIntyre