E.N. Welch Eclipse

Discussion in 'Clock Case Restoration and Repair' started by Jeff Hantman, Jul 5, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Jeff Hantman

Jeff Hantman Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Oct 26, 2017
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Good afternoon, just wanted to know if anyone can help me re-create my label...many thanks

s-l1600.jpg s-l1600[3].jpg

2. Joseph Bautsch

Joseph Bautsch Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Dec 9, 2006
    Male
    Retired
    Atlanta, GA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    There are some individual providers on line that reproduce some of the more popular/common labels. Some are new reproductions and some are copies of old ones. I have never seen one available for the Eclipse. You might contact them and see what they can do for you. You can reproduce your own if you know how to work Adobe Photoshop or any of the other art/draw programs. Maybe someone else here has more information and can give you more help.

3. wcampbell

wcampbell Registered User

Nov 25, 2013
    Male
    Aircraft Mechanic / Contractor
    Wiesbaden Germany
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Preservation or restoration this is a hard decision everyone has to come to terms with.I myself would stabilize the original label only because it is a part of the clocks history, it shows its true age and I think it looks good. It looks like you have the majority of the original label. you can still make out the 90% of the information and thats a good thing. But again thats a personal decision that only you can make.

4. new2clocks

new2clocks Registered User
    NAWCC Member Sponsor

Apr 25, 2005
    Pennsylvania
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Jeff,

I agree with wcampbell.

Your label survives with the most important information intact and is original to the clock.

I doubt that a replicated label would add anything to the clock, either in value or eye appeal.

Just my 2 cents.

Regards.