• The NAWCC Museum and Library & Research Center are currently open. Please check the Visiting Schedule for Days and Hours at the bottom of the Visit Page.

E.N. Welch Eclipse

Jeff Hantman

NAWCC Member
Oct 26, 2017
Country
Good afternoon, just wanted to know if anyone can help me re-create my label...many thanks

s-l1600.jpg s-l1600[3].jpg

Joseph Bautsch

NAWCC Member
Dec 9, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Country
Region
There are some individual providers on line that reproduce some of the more popular/common labels. Some are new reproductions and some are copies of old ones. I have never seen one available for the Eclipse. You might contact them and see what they can do for you. You can reproduce your own if you know how to work Adobe Photoshop or any of the other art/draw programs. Maybe someone else here has more information and can give you more help.

wcampbell

Nov 25, 2013
Wiesbaden Germany
Country
Region
Preservation or restoration this is a hard decision everyone has to come to terms with.I myself would stabilize the original label only because it is a part of the clocks history, it shows its true age and I think it looks good. It looks like you have the majority of the original label. you can still make out the 90% of the information and thats a good thing. But again thats a personal decision that only you can make.

new2clocks

NAWCC Member
Apr 25, 2005
Pennsylvania
Country
Region
Jeff,

I agree with wcampbell.

Your label survives with the most important information intact and is original to the clock.

I doubt that a replicated label would add anything to the clock, either in value or eye appeal.

Just my 2 cents.

Regards.