E. Ingraham Kitchen Clock

Discussion in 'Your Newest Clock Acquisition' started by CrazyClock Man, Apr 10, 2014.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. CrazyClock Man

CrazyClock Man Registered User

Sep 11, 2013
    Male
    Retired U.S. Air Force
    East Tennessee
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Today my wife purchased this clock and it's marked on the back identifying it as an E. Ingraham clock with instructions for setting up and winding the clock. But what I'm confused about is the trademark on the dial. Any idea who the trademark belongs to? Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. harold bain

harold bain Registered User
    NAWCC Member Deceased

Nov 4, 2002
    Male
    deceased
    Whitby, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hi, CCM, your clock is one of the spring line, the "April", shown in Tran Duy Ly's Ingraham book from a 1907 catalog picture. Your dial paper is a replacement, made by the E. & J. Swigart Company, a parts supplier from Cincinnati, now defunct.
    The movement in your clock should have a date code on the front plate.

3. CrazyClock Man

CrazyClock Man Registered User

Sep 11, 2013
    Male
    Retired U.S. Air Force
    East Tennessee
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Harold, you are correct. On the back of the clock it does say April and I was confused about the trademark. Thank you very much for the information.

4. JimMM

JimMM Registered User

Aug 3, 2019
    Male
    Country Flag:
    THANKS for solving that mystery! That logo is also on the dial of my New Haven short-drop octagon and it's always been puzzling! :)