E. Ingraham 8 day shelf pat. 1897, seeking help with strike side lifting levers

Discussion in 'Clock Repair' started by Mark F. Tooze, Feb 10, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Mark F. Tooze

Mark F. Tooze Registered User

Feb 5, 2007
    I have been struggling with the strike side of an E. Ingraham 8 day shelf clock pat. 1897. I acquired it several years ago, it ran, but it had several poor previous repairs to elongated pinion holes. I disassembled it, carefully, I thought, sketching and photographing its components for reassembly.

After a long period of time, I was able to get back to it to reassemble. The time side performs correctly. The strike side will not go thru more than 4 or 5 revolutions before it stalls at about 10 minutes before the hour. I am pretty confident that I have issues with the lifting levers on the strike side which may be related to the lifting wires. I am looking for an accurate depiction (pictures) of how the left levers should be assembled, and how the lift wires are supposed to be installed.

I am also wondering if anyone can point me to a source for lifting wire which does not cost more than what I paid for the clock originally.

Thank you, Mark F. Tooze

2. Steven Thornberry

Steven Thornberry User Administrator
    NAWCC Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Male
    Ne’er do well
    Here and there
    Country Flag:
    I have moved this to the clock repair forum. In the meantime, kt probably would be helpful to post photos of the movement, particularly the problem area on the strike side.

3. shutterbug

shutterbug Moderator
    NAWCC Member

Oct 19, 2005
    Male
    Self employed interpreter/clock repairer
    Iowa
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    The photo's you took before (and/or during) disassembly would be helpful.