E. Howard

Discussion in 'General Clock Discussions' started by Jeff Hantman, Sep 25, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Jeff Hantman

Jeff Hantman Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Oct 26, 2017
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Good morning, I'm having difficulty timing my E. Howard...Hopefully someone can tell me how we can set the stop works so we don't over wind & allow for full & wind & unwind many thanks

123951.jpg 123951_2.jpg 123951_3.jpg 123951_4.jpg

2. Willie X

Willie X Registered User

Feb 9, 2008
    That giant 3 bridge platform is unusual, to say the least. I would be looking for someone who knows exactly how to adjust it. But ... your issue could easily be a shortage of power due to problems in the lower part of the movement.

Hopefully, someone can make a recomendation for a repair person that will properly repair your clock.

Good luck, Willie X

3. Uhralt

Uhralt Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Sep 4, 2008
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I'm not familiar with this particular movement but, in general you can set the stop works this way: Wind the clock fully. Using a let down tool let the spring down for one rotation. Set the stop works gears so that any further winding of the clock would be stopped. Now the clock cannot be fully wound but should still be able to run for 8 days.

If you don't have a letdown tool you can make your own using your clock key. Take a piece of broomstick or a thick dowel and drill a hole in the middle of one end. The hole should be a bit larger in diameter than the diameter of the key shank. Then cut across the dowel at that end to make a slit where the wings of your key fit in snugly. Voila, there is your letdown tool!

Uhralt