E Howard tower clock. Need help

Discussion in 'Tower, Monumental & Street Clocks' started by bmp84414, Jun 9, 2008.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. bmp84414

bmp84414 Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Mar 2, 2006
    We are restoring a small E Howard tower clock that has been converted to electric and is missing original parts. We want to restore it to original condition and would like to find drawings for the missing parts. Can anyone help?

Dimensions are approx: 28"L x 11"W x 22"H

2. bmp84414

bmp84414 Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Mar 2, 2006
    Here are some pictures

3. bmp84414

bmp84414 Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Mar 2, 2006
    Here are the pictures

Attached Files:

4. hickorydickorydoc

hickorydickorydoc Registered User
    NAWCC Member

May 25, 2007
    Maine
    Country Flag:
    Hi,

I realize that these photos have been up a long time, but I just happened to see them as I looked around after an absence.

You have a big project there! It definitely was E. Howard's small striking clock model, but it appears from the pictures that it is missing almost the entire time train. I don't see the time winding drum or its bearing blocks, the second and third wheel arbors, the escape wheel arbor, the verge arbor and crutch, and the rating nut/suspension/pendulum rod assembly.
    On the strike side, it's hard to see if all the arbors are in the train, but the fan/fly is missing.

I'm afraid I don't have the experience to send you measurements, but I do have an old E. Howard catalog from which I could copy the page with side views of this clock.
    Just let me know if this would be helpful.

5. bmp84414

bmp84414 Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Mar 2, 2006
    I'm afraid I don't have the experience to send you measurements, but I do have an old E. Howard catalog from which I could copy the page with side views of this clock.
    Just let me know if this would be helpful.[/quote]

Thank you for your insight. I would appreciate any copies of pictures that you can provide. Can you email them, or do you need to send them otherwise. You can contact me off line if you prefer.

thx bmp

6. hickorydickorydoc

hickorydickorydoc Registered User
    NAWCC Member

May 25, 2007
    Maine
    Country Flag:
    Not being very familiar with the ins and outs of this Board, I couldn't seem to send a PM to you. So, I will try to post the scanned page here. Hoping this is clear enough to be helpful..

Attached Files:

7. Jim DuBois

Jim DuBois Registered User
    NAWCC Member Sponsor

Jun 14, 2008
    Male
    Magnolia, TX
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    BMP, drawings sent to you via email for the E Howard timepiece that I have. As we discussed it may or may not be helpful as I don't think many of the parts interchange between my movement and yours....

8. bmp84414

bmp84414 Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Mar 2, 2006
    Thanks to all who have helped. Every little bit is appreciated.

Blake

9. tic toc doc

tic toc doc Registered User

Dec 4, 2007
    retired
    silsbee texas
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Do you have information or pictures of E.Howard #3636 tower clock ? I have pictures but I don't know how to post them. I have them saved to my desktop but Icant insert them if you could email me I could send them to you ejd@gt.rr.com Thanks ej

10. DanJeffries

DanJeffries The Tower clock man
    NAWCC Member

Dec 1, 2008
    Male
    Controller
    Monticello Georgia
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I actually know a gentleman in CT that has one sitting in shop for sale. I will see if I can get him to make some measurements for you. I also have several pictures of it with the original paint.
    I will try to attach a couple of photos.

Let me see if I can get him to make the measurement and we will go from there.
    Looks like you have got your work cut out for you though.......:)
    Thanks
    Dan

Attached Files:

11. imoutaroom

imoutaroom Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Mar 29, 2009
    Hello from ST Paul

I'm new to the message board, so I don"t know the correct way to post a message.
    I have a E Howard #2 time only that is missing the legs and pendulem rod. Can any one help me out.

Also interested in time and strike tower clock such as the one posted by
    dan Jefferies on Jan 27 08.

Any one know where in Conn this E Howard is that isfor sale i.

Thanks

Dan Wagers
    651 224 1417

12. SamS

SamS Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 16, 2008
    Hello Dan,

The clock mentioned for sale is no longer for sale. I purchased it and am now the owner.

In regards to your need for information relating to a #2 Howard time piece, I can most likly help. I recently fully restored a #2 striker and have documentation of essentially every part. Please contact me directly, and I will try to help you with what you need.

Sam Shifrin
    sjshifrin@gmail.com