Durable Sign Co. Deco Diner Clock

Discussion in 'Electric Horology' started by Scottie-TX, Apr 24, 2014.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Scottie-TX

Scottie-TX Registered User
    Deceased

Apr 6, 2004
    Retired
    Mesquite, TX
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    #1 Scottie-TX, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
    Need yer help! This needs a motor. The field coil tests, "open". Stamped on it is Synchron 610 1 RPM 143RA and the wheel train is 2 and 1/4 by 3 and 1/4 with a 1 and 3/8" handshaft
    Wondering if Timesavers 20066 would work. It's wheel train frame is much larger and would require remount mod for spacing. Also wondering the probability of hands fitting as I don't wanna go thru that nightmare. If hands don't fit, what's the odds I could transfer their motor to my train.

Attached Files:

2. harold bain

harold bain Registered User
    NAWCC Member Deceased

Nov 4, 2002
    Male
    deceased
    Whitby, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Scottie, are you looking for a new movement, or just the motor? Your timesavers number is for the movement. Part # 18404 should be the motor you need, if your movement is OK.
    You should be able to guage the movement's health by putting the motor back on without the mounting screws, and turning it to see if the wheels will turn freely without any binding. Add oil as needed.

3. Scottie-TX

Scottie-TX Registered User
    Deceased

Apr 6, 2004
    Retired
    Mesquite, TX
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Yeah; Kinda thot 18404 looked like the replacement but so many have variations of drive teeth number, dia, etc. was seeking conf. I did think movement came with motor so again; Thanks for clar. Gotta knock out the rivets and dismantle but I believe movement will be able to support a fresh motor.
    Thanks HAROLD. VERY helpful + + + +