Dueber Watch Case 14k confirmation

bjbuzz

Oct 10, 2016
Country
Does anyone know if the Dueber 14K Solid gold cases with the incised lettering has actually been confirmed as being solid gold and not gold filled. It does state under Dueber Watch Case Manufacturing Co. in the case grades that it is... Solid 14k..... I am currently looking at purchasing one with the incised lettering on a 12s open face half hunter..... Any help would be greatly appreciated.... Thank you!!

Ethan Lipsig

NAWCC Gold Member
Jan 8, 2006
Pasadena
Country
Region
This issue was discussed at length long ago. You likely can find the thread with little effort. My recollection is that it is a myth that all solid gold Dueber cases were marked with a deeply embossed 14k or 18k marking. The Complete Price Guide spread this myth for years, and perhaps it still does. While many solid gold Dueber cases have that deeply embossed marking, some have just a normal stamped 14k marking. Dueber might have marked some gold-filled cases in a similar way. I am not a Dueber case expert.

bjbuzz

Oct 10, 2016
Country
Thank you Ethan... :) I just found a thread discussing The Dueber Incised 14k ,,,,

Last edited:

Bila

Jan 22, 2010
www.ozwatchstore.com
Country
Wouldn't that have a Hall mark specifically for that Karat of gold if it were solid?

No hallmarks, they also sold 10kt solid gold that have no assay or trademarks/hallmarks, just 10Kt on the inside lid, but definitely 10Kt solid, so go figure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmitry Mor
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
NAWCC Forums Rules by Steven Thornberry