Dubois Depraz Book

Discussion in 'Horological Books' started by Dr. Jon, Jan 8, 2004.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dr. Jon

Dr. Jon Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Dec 14, 2001
    Aerospace Engineer
    New Hampshire
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Dubois Depraz the watch module maker offers a book on their site which, if my French is right, chronicles their 100 years of making complicated watches. Has anyone seen it and can they offer a recommendation?

Dr. Jon

2. Dr. Jon

Dr. Jon Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Dec 14, 2001
    Aerospace Engineer
    New Hampshire
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Dubois Depraz the watch module maker offers a book on their site which, if my French is right, chronicles their 100 years of making complicated watches. Has anyone seen it and can they offer a recommendation?

Dr. Jon

3. Fortunat Mueller-Maerki

Fortunat Mueller-Maerki National Library Chair
    NAWCC Star Fellow NAWCC Life Member

Aug 25, 2000
    Male
    Horological Bibliographer -
    Sussex New Jersey USA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I aquired the book after a factorz tour there in April 2003, there also is 75 year history which is still available, both are informative, w ell produced and of interestof those who want to know more about the "unknown" firms making the coplications for the well known swiss brands.

Fortunat F. Mueller-Maerki, pob 386, Sussex NJ 07461

NAWCC Life # 174
    Chair, NWCM Library and Research Center Committee

You can reach me at horology@horology.com

4. godomola

godomola New Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Hello I am very interested on the history of DEPRAZ . I never knew it excited till now, I own an old (pendant/pin), and it says inside depraz. I was intrigued and I google it, but I don't anything about it expect that I bought it perhaps 18 or 20 yrs. ago and I don't recall where. The watch casing is blue with gold, do you anything about a watch pendant like this one?
    Thank you in advance, I would appreciate it very much if can guide me with it.
    Monica Labarthe

5. Todd W

Todd W Registered User

Mar 6, 2004
    Could somebody point me in the right direction on how to buy this book?
    Todd

6. Fortunat Mueller-Maerki

Fortunat Mueller-Maerki National Library Chair
    NAWCC Star Fellow NAWCC Life Member

Aug 25, 2000
    Male
    Horological Bibliographer -
    Sussex New Jersey USA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    [FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I own a copy of the book, this is the catalog entry[/FONT]

• Title: Dubois Depraz - un siecle d'horlogerie compliquee et d'independence au Lieu
    • Author: Gerald Dubois
    • Publisher: Dubois Depraz
      Keywords: history complication
      Other Keywords: corporate
      Language: FRE
      Notes: Centenary anniversary publication for Dubois Deprez, Swiss maker of complications for watches
      Edition: 2001, 1st edition limited to 1600 -- Copyright: 2001
      Kind: Book
      Type: Watch (general)
      Geographic area: Switzerland
      Topic: Making Industry
      Organization: Maker
      Pages: 192 -- Height in cm: 28
      Print Status: 1 (1 means in print - 2 means out of print)
      BHM ID: 4234
    This is a great book richly illustrated if you are interested in the history of the small company that is behind maactually making the complicated movement of many of the smaller 'presitge brands' that have limited production facilities. I had the chance to tour their plant about 10 years ago, where I bought my copy. At the time they also had an about 10 year earlirer edition of their corporate history, which I did NOT buy (I now wish I had, it is out of print now) because I felt it duplicated much of the content.
    Both books are in the NAWCC Library in Columbia as well,

90 annees de savoir-faire au service de l'horlog Dubois Depraz SA. JA 100 Dub 1991JA https://mb.nawcc.org/http://www.nawcc.us/winnebago/images/buttons/keep_o.gif
    Dubois Depraz, un siecle d'horlogerie complique Dubois, Gerald.JA 100 Dub 2001JA https://mb.nawcc.org/

but the newer one LARC has 2 copies so it is available for lending by mail.

7. Richard Watkins

Richard Watkins Registered User
    NAWCC Fellow NAWCC Member

Contact info@dubois-depraz.ch

The company sells it for CHF130 + postage. I decided I didn't need it enough to pay that much.