• Member Voting Now through June 6. Check Your Email for a Link to the Online Ballot. The Ballot Contains Links to Each Proposed Amendment to Bylaws and Articles of Incorporation.

DST question, are there any inexpensive digital wall clocks that connect via wifi or ethernet to set time?

miamaelia

Oct 3, 2021
Country
I'm in a metal building so wifi works fine but the time signal from colorado does not. So twice every year I go looking for something that works off ethernet or wifi.

AFAICT about the only reasonably priced option is to just wall mount an echo show or google home hub.

Does anyone know of any better options? Something with a bigger display that would also display the date would be nice.

Willie X

Feb 9, 2008
Any big clock should be fine. They usually run within about 30 seconds in 6 months. So, you only have to do one reset between battery changes which needs to be done yearly. Easy peezie.
Willie X

Cheezhead

Dec 30, 2010
Wisconsin
Country
Region
Would a 7" Amazon Fire tablet be large enough? These can be found for $30 (used) to $50 on ebay although I got mine new on sale for about $30 at a BestBuy a few years ago. I can't recall if you must sign up with Amazon (no need to provide your charge card) to access the app store. There is a free, large digit clock app with date. If you want it on a wall, some sly way of doing that (cheap picture frame?) will be needed as well as a wall wart, USB cord and an electrical outlet.

EscapeWheel

Mar 19, 2003
Country
Region
Amazon has a large digital wi-fi clock - West Ocean Digital LED Wall Clock.

"Built-in technology to use WiFi to connect to a standard Internet time server. With this feature, it maintains current time automatically without intervention."

Willie X

Feb 9, 2008
"Without intervention" is usually good but ocasionaly it's very bad ...
Willie X

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JT123
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-