Help Notice Donation bar not working (fixed)

Discussion in 'Message Board Help & Notices' started by Dave Coatsworth, Apr 6, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dave Coatsworth

Dave Coatsworth Forums Administrator
    NAWCC Business Sponsor

Feb 11, 2005
    Camarillo, CA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    You may have noticed that the donation bar has been stuck on $10 for a few weeks now. That's because the underlying link with PayPal tracking has broken.

Rest assured that your donations are being received by the NAWCC. Those of you who donated during this period - THANK YOU! Anyway, don't stop donating just because the bar is broken! Let's still click that button!

2. Ralph

Ralph Registered User
    NAWCC Member Sponsor

Jan 22, 2002
    Country Flag:
    Not only is the bar broken, but there does not appear to be a way to make a donation.

3. Dave Coatsworth

Dave Coatsworth Forums Administrator
    NAWCC Business Sponsor

Feb 11, 2005
    Camarillo, CA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Tom McIntyre is working on the donation facility today. So, it may very well be up and down.

4. Tom McIntyre

Tom McIntyre Technical Admin
    Staff Member NAWCC Star Fellow NAWCC Ruby Member Sponsor

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    retired SW dev
    Boston
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I am juggling two different donations systems, the one we have been using and the one we used previously on vBulletin which is now available for XenForo. It appears that I need to do some work on the NAWCC PayPal Account to get either to work correctly. The final result should be available later today.

5. Tom McIntyre

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    retired SW dev
    Boston
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I am not really sure which donation system I like better. I have been unable to get the newer one installed as I want it to be. We currently provide a banner for donors depending on their level of giving.

Any donation over $10 within the past 30 days will show the donor banner under the person's post avatar unless that person has the sponsor banner.

Any donations totaling over $100 in the last year will show the sponsor banner.

Note that users and businesses may also sponsor exhibits, services and research. Those sponsorships are unrelated to the gift level sponsorship on the Message Board.

6. FDelGreco

FDelGreco Registered User
    NAWCC Star Fellow NAWCC Member Sponsor

Aug 28, 2000
    Male
    Retired chemical engineer
    Novelty, OH
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I clicked on the donation bar two days ago to see how it worked, but did not make a donation. I then got by email a thank you for making a donation!

Frank

7. Jim Haney

Jim Haney Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Male
    Working the farm, Garden,horses, goats, chickens,
    Decatur, TN.
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:

Frank,
    Yes, I relieved one also, I believe the fine print said if you EVER made a donation you are receiving this email because the system is fixed.

8. Tom McIntyre

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    retired SW dev
    Boston
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I created that email just to see if anyone was paying attention. :)

9. David S

David S Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Male
    Professional Engineer - Retired
    Brockville, On Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    On some sites when you donate, there is an expiry date to your "donor recognition". I donated years ago, before deciding that I would become an NAWCC member, and it still shows me being a donor.

Has there been any consideration to having the donor recognition expire after say a year or two? It might even nudge me to re donate.

David

10. Tom McIntyre

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    retired SW dev
    Boston
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    The donor recognition policy is now shown when a person clicks on the donation facility.

Any donation of $10 or more will show a Donor banner for 30 days. Accumulated donations of $100 or more will show the Sponsor banner for one year.