Don Bruno Out of Business??

Leslie Mosher

Jan 22, 2016
Country
Hey everyone, I may have missed something, but is Don Bruno still making/selling parts? I need a gear, but his website(s) have been down for a couple weeks (unfortunately I don't have a phone number). If he has closed shop, is there anywhere else to get wooden gears? I hope all is well with him. Thanks.

Leslie Mosher

Jan 22, 2016
Country
Hey Bobby, Thanks for the help. Your link opens his page, but if you type in the web address that shows at the top of the page, I get a server can't connect message. It does seem strange that no one seems to know if he is still operating or not, even if it's on a limited basis. Thanks Again!

Jim DuBois

Gibbs Literary Award
NAWCC Fellow
NAWCC Member
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2008
Magnolia, TX
Country
Region
It was communicated in one group 4 or 5 years ago, I think, that he was closing up shop and no longer accepting work. I did not attempt to confirm that, but it sounds like it may have happened.

Jon Lester

NAWCC Member
May 10, 2011
Ohio
Country
Region
Hey everyone, I may have missed something, but is Don Bruno still making/selling parts? I need a gear, but his website(s) have been down for a couple weeks (unfortunately I don't have a phone number). If he has closed shop, is there anywhere else to get wooden gears? I hope all is well with him. Thanks.

Leslie Mosher

Jan 22, 2016
Country
Hey Jon, Thank you for responding. I think I have found a used gear, so I think I'm all set (at least for the time being). I really appreciate your offer, and I will keep you in mind if I need a gear cut. Thanks!!

LCampbell

Jul 16, 2020
Country
I tried to find Mr. Bruno's website, contact info, etc and met with the same result, it appears he is out of business. I'm really not optimistic about my prospects of repairing two gears with two missing pinions and was going to get him to do it, but the epoxy mold/pour fix *looks* easy enough that I might try it.

What's the worst that could...never mind, I withdraw the question.

Andy Dervan

Gibbs Literary Award
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Member
Oct 23, 2002
Country
Region
I tried to find Mr. Bruno's website, contact info, etc and met with the same result, it appears he is out of business. I'm really not optimistic about my prospects of repairing two gears with two missing pinions and was going to get him to do it, but the epoxy mold/pour fix *looks* easy enough that I might try it.

What's the worst that could...never mind, I withdraw the question.
Contact John Lester - see posts above.... Andy Dervan

jedm3

New User
Jul 6, 2020
Country
FYI, I was able to email Don about a question and he did respond(slowly) he indicated he is still able to provide some parts.

Diane Burghardt

Feb 8, 2014
Country
Region
I am an "old" friend of both George (RIP) and his son Don. I have been in contact with Don recently and he is well, healthy and doing fine. Don retired in June 2020. He did have some gears and parts left, but not much.
Therefore, I am very pleased that Jon Lester has provided his contact information for us to use and share. Many thanks, Jon. Hope we all can keep you busy.

Jon Lester

NAWCC Member
May 10, 2011
Ohio
Country
Region
I am an "old" friend of both George (RIP) and his son Don. I have been in contact with Don recently and he is well, healthy and doing fine. Don retired in June 2020. He did have some gears and parts left, but not much.
Therefore, I am very pleased that Jon Lester has provided his contact information for us to use and share. Many thanks, Jon. Hope we all can keep you busy.
Thanks Diane. I enjoy cutting & repairing ww gears and am happy to offer this service.
Jon

IMG_0245.jpg IMG_5222.JPG IMG_5798.JPG IMG_6065.JPG IMG_6219.JPG IMG_6220.JPG IMG_6222.JPG IMG_6700.jpg

Last edited:

clockmakers_b2e07b

NAWCC Member
NAWCC Business
Feb 2, 2010
Diane,
I am not certain all is well with Don Bruno. Two years ago I sent him a customers movement for repair. He has previously overhauled wood works movements for my business and his father too. I called
him before sending it and asked him about repairing it. He told me no problem, send it to him but told me be patient that he was busy, he never said anything about retiring. I told him I understood. Nine months later I called him and was told he was working on it and would be sending it back soon.
Two years later I have been told this on three other occasions. Recently I have talked with him and followed up with two emails to please just return it, unrepaired, my customer no longer wants to wait and is now very upset with me and my business. I am deeply concerned about Don and am now afraid I will never see my customers movement again. I am also going to start looking for a replacement movement on eBay to buy for my customers clock as I feel for some reason he is never going return it. It is with a heavy heart I write this about Mr. Bruno. If anyone can help me with a replacement movement I can get you the arbor and handshaft distances. Please contact Tom Anderson. Website: Northvilleclock.com email: clockmakers@att.net

nutmegtinker

Dec 25, 2020
CT
Country
Region
Two years. I have a few stories to tell that have the words two years in them.
Without going any further, I will say that they all eventually had good outcomes.
Diane,
I am not certain all is well with Don Bruno. Two years ago I sent him a customers movement for repair. He has previously overhauled wood works movements for my business and his father too. I called
him before sending it and asked him about repairing it. He told me no problem, send it to him but told me be patient that he was busy, he never said anything about retiring. I told him I understood. Nine months later I called him and was told he was working on it and would be sending it back soon.
Two years later I have been told this on three other occasions. Recently I have talked with him and followed up with two emails to please just return it, unrepaired, my customer no longer wants to wait and is now very upset with me and my business. I am deeply concerned about Don and am now afraid I will never see my customers movement again. I am also going to start looking for a replacement movement on eBay to buy for my customers clock as I feel for some reason he is never going return it. It is with a heavy heart I write this about Mr. Bruno. If anyone can help me with a replacement movement I can get you the arbor and handshaft distances. Please contact Tom Anderson. Website: Northvilleclock.com email: clockmakers@att.net
I have had a similar experience and was wondering if I should just move on. I know that he had some major life events, including the passing of his father and then a household move. I last contacted him about a month ago, after a two year hiatus. Anyone have news?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sara.fagan73
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller