• The NAWCC Museum and Library & Research Center will reopen starting Wednesday, January 6, 2021 as per Governor Wolf's reopening mandate.

DOMINANT P/WATCH MOVEMENT, help please

peter hurst

Aug 15, 2006
HELLO,

I have a pocketwatch movement marked DOMINANT A I , 17 jewels, swiss made , 5 adjustments,

Has anyone heard of this movement, it looks to be of fine quality,
I am thinking of recasing it into a silver case, what do you think.

Wrist watches are my interest, and I know nothing of pocket watches, but I am asuming that the 5 adj is a mark of quality,

Thankyou Peter.

CZHACK

Apr 28, 2005
Country
Region
Peter,

Share a photo of the movement and someone may be able to help. If Swiss, your maker may also be listed in the reference book on Swiss makers by Pritchard. I will look it up when I return home in a week and let you know.

Mike

Ethan Lipsig

NAWCC Gold Member
Jan 8, 2006
Pasadena
Country
Region
Pritchard does not list "Dominant."

Dr. Jon

NAWCC Member
Dec 14, 2001
New Hampshire
Country
Region
I too suggest a photo. One way to get one if you re not familiar with close up photography is to use a scanner.

If a watch is marked "adjusted" it is probably pretty good. The US had a serious tariff on adjusted watches. Only watch of high enough quality to sell at a premium are likely to be marked.

Five adjustments is a bit on the low side. They would likley be heat cold dial up dial down and pendant up, although isochronism could replace a position adjustment. The top grade is eight.