• The NAWCC Museum and Library & Research Center are currently open. Please check the Visiting Schedule for Days and Hours at the bottom of the Visit Page.

Does anybody know the make of this 400 days clock

John Holland

Nov 19, 2020
Country
Since my retirement last year I have taken up repairing clocks.
For the first time today I came across a 400 day clock.
Unfortunately, the suspension spring is missing, so I want to start looking for a spare suspension.
I guess it would help if I knew the make of the clock.

Nothing is written on the outside of the clock. But I do see a logo of two elephants with a clock face in their midst.
Would anybody be able to help to identify the brand?

IMG_20201119_120218999.jpg 400 day clock.jpg

KurtinSA

NAWCC Member
Nov 24, 2014
San Antonio, TX
Country
Region
Welcome to the message board! That is the logo of JUF or Jahresuhrenfabrik. The logo dates to the late 1920s. Later in years, JUF morphed to Schatz as August Schatz was the owner of the company. If memory serves, the suspension spring should be 0.004" in thickness.

Kurt

Reactions: John Holland

Burkhard Rasch

NAWCC Member
Jun 1, 2007
Twistringen
Country
Region
if You want to repair more than one torsion clock in the future You might consider buying the "bible" of this type of clocks, the "400 day clock repair guide" by Charles Terwilliger . It´s not that costly and will reward You with a load of information and good advice not only for anniversarys clocks but for any clocks You might comer across .Realy recommended with no affiliation to it.
Best regards and wellcome to this forum!
Burkhard
BTW do You have the pendulum for it?
BR