• The online Bulletins and Mart and Highlights are currently unavailable due to a failure of a network piece of equipment. We are working to replace it and have the Online publications available as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Do Longines watches have names?

Jack_W

NAWCC Member
Mar 8, 2010
Wheat Ridge, CO
Country
Region
I'm trying to find a classic crystal to replace the one on the below watch. So far not much luck but I was asked if my watch has a name. I'm more acquainted with Gruens which seem to have names for each style watch (with some recycling). Did Longines also name each individual watch style? Any help with this is appreciated.

As for the below watch, the inside case back has the number 930 300 and the movement is a 11-1/2 lignes 22L, if any of that info helps. 14k white gold bezel and back.

btw, if anyone has a lead on a crystal it is 23mm x 23mm tabular style...:D

Attachments

doug sinclair

Aug 27, 2000
Calgary, Alberta
Country
Region
I'll check tomorrow and get back to you. It will be glass If I have one, not plastic. Is that okay? The only Longines watches I know of that had names was the "Diamond Award" series. (I think that's what they were called), from the '60s. Mechanical, matte black dial with no markers, and a diamond at the 12:00.

Jack_W

NAWCC Member
Mar 8, 2010
Wheat Ridge, CO
Country
Region
It might be a variation of the "Bradford" or "King" lines.
I scoured that site pretty well, and although some come close, like the king, there is no good match with mine based on case design. Maybe the watch I have is a Frankin-watch to a degree. The dial, although it is a re-finish, it is a darn close match to what was the original dial and the case is marked Longines-Wittnauer. I did notice that a lot of the models on the identification site are just designated with a number, so I guess this answers my question: Some did have names but not all.

Thanks for the answers!

Last edited:

Jack_W

NAWCC Member
Mar 8, 2010
Wheat Ridge, CO
Country
Region
here is a side view of what is on currently; should have provided this earlier.

Attachments

doug sinclair

Aug 27, 2000
Calgary, Alberta
Country
Region
Jack,

This glass crystal will show a much lower profile than the plastic one you currently have. This one is 2.3 mm thick at the edge. Make certain the seat for the dial is thick enough to hold the movement away from the crystal sufficiently to allow the hands to turn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LLRunyon
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-