• The online Bulletins and Mart and Highlights are currently unavailable due to a failure of a network piece of equipment. We are working to replace it and have the Online publications available as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Distance Learning

Nick1

New User
Jun 8, 2007
I am interested in learning watch repair but cannot attend class physically.
I saw some Distance Learning Courses on the internet, but am not sure of the quality and was hoping someone could help me.
One course I saw was "Jewelry and Watch Repair School of N. E." The website is (jwrschool.com).
My question is: 1. Has anyone heard of this school and is it any good....
2. Does anyone know of any other Distance Learning schools that are as good or better.
Thanks for the help

FredWJensen

Feb 1, 2007
the master watchmaking seems like a good "beginner" program.
The price is not too bad. But you can by several more extensive watch repair videos for approx 100$ each.
Considering that they supply material to work on and basic tools it is not to bad a price. The BHI offerers a course that is more extensive and much more expensive but with no materials. and no help.
You can buy the Chicago school of watchmaking course on CD "a book only no video" on this site for 40$. But then you will have to buy several ptractice watches and your own tools.
You will eventually need some great books like Fried The watch repairers handbook, etc and more extensive tools and of a better quality.

Nick1

New User
Jun 8, 2007
Thanks for the suggestions...
Has anyone heard of Gem City College. I understand they have a home study course.

FredWJensen

Feb 1, 2007
I think it is something like the BHI course.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidgordonf
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-