Displaying Pocket Watches

Discussion in 'European & Other Pocket Watches' started by Brower, Oct 5, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Brower

Brower Registered User

Jun 29, 2019
    Male
    Country Flag:
    My wife and I are downsizing but one the collections I'm NOT parting with are my pocket watches. We'll be moving from over 3,000 square feet to a tad under 400. This will likely be a temporary situation (something like 2 years at the outside), unless we like the freedom of culling and downsizing our household goods.

We'll have some wall space for pictures and such, and I'm looking for ideas of how to display my pocket watches. I have 6 nice ones that I'd like to be display, along with a couple of chains and some watch keys and a fob or two. Incidentally, I also have 6 or 7 nice antique swords and sabers I'd like to display, too.

I'm look for ideas, suggestions, examples from other folks, and I would appreciate y'all's input.

Thank you!

2. PatH

PatH National Program Chair
    NAWCC Fellow NAWCC Member

Dec 5, 2014
    Female
    Texas
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    There are several threads on this topic that include some interesting and attractive ideas. You might want to search the words watch displays or something similar as you await responses to your request. I don't recall seeing any that incorporate other collectibles, but you might get some ideas. Have fun!

3. Keith R...

Keith R... Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Nov 27, 2012
    Male
    Retired Sr. Proj. mgr,
    South
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    My friend put me on to wooden cases with hinged glass tops, that
    you snap close with latches. He has a buddy make his, for collecting
    arrow heads.

3" x 24" x 18" and holds 21 eighteen size watches.

Keith R...

100_1903 (800x600).jpg