National Meeting 2019 Directions and finding your way.

Discussion in 'NAWCC Events' started by Tom McIntyre, Feb 24, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tom McIntyre

Tom McIntyre Technical Admin
    Staff Member NAWCC Star Fellow NAWCC Ruby Member Sponsor

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    retired SW dev
    Boston
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I had a call yesterday from a friend who was having difficulty figuring out how to get to the event in Springfield from upstate New York. I was confused because I thought it must be pretty straight forward. However, Springfield lies to the south of the Mass Turnpike (Interstate 90) and it requires the driver to take a northbound double loop to finally get on Interstate 91 heading south to Springfield.

I created a set of images of Google maps and directions for going to Springfield from the East, West and South. The maps are located on the Your Visit tab of the site.

That page already had maps of the local routes from each of the hotels to the Better Living Center of the Eastern States Exposition Center.

Your Visit

The Your Visit tab also shows information on many other sites of interest in the region around our event this summer.

2. Tom McIntyre

Tom McIntyre Technical Admin
    Staff Member NAWCC Star Fellow NAWCC Ruby Member Sponsor

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    retired SW dev
    Boston
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    The event schedule page now has a diagram and an aerial view of the Big E showing both the Better Living Center and Storrowton Village where the meal events will be held. There are also pictures of both the Tavern and the Carriage House on the village green to help you recognize them.

I have not walked that area in over 30 years, so my recollection is not all that good, but I think it is about 3 city blocks (equivalent) from the BLC to the Tavern.