Dating A Vintage Birks Eterna-Matic Challenger

Discussion in 'Wrist Watches' started by EternaMaticChallenger, Aug 20, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. EternaMaticChallenger

EternaMaticChallenger Registered User

Aug 19, 2019
    Male
    Country Flag:
    I inherited a watch that I would Never sell . Regardless I am trying to learn as much as possible about it.including a rough or accurate manufacture date. Can anyone help me with this Please. I`m very interested if anyone can give me any detailed information based on each number of the 7 digit Case Serial number. I would be very grateful for as much information possible Thank You.My Vintage Eterna-Matic Case serial number is # 3611314....Thanks Again. Details I know are that it says on its Dial face: ETERNA MATIC BIRKS CHALLENGER. I believe the watch case is stainless steel ? the Band appears to be stainless steel and stamped several times on the inside with FIXO-FLEX. The Dial is white with Gold Numbers 2 4 6 8 10 and 12. the other number positions are marked with Gold Dots. Also with smaller dots on the outside seconds ring. Second positions are not numbered but marked with short black lines. The watch hands are gold the watch Hand style is Alpha/Lance. I`m sure the watch is all original except maybe the steel FIXO-FLEX strap or watch band. I have not seen another watch with this exact same Dial as well as the Second Hand being Red etc.:???:? The Second hand is Red and its shape or style is a long thin stick with a short spade tail pass the watch center. I haven`t measured the watch or had the screw in back removed yet.for more numbers etc.The movement is Automatic self winding . The Dial face and watch stem are both marked with the five ball bearing symbol . I have just joined this forum and have no idea how to add watch photos or properly use this forum sorry. Lol incase I cant find this message or read responses my email is coachken12@gmail.com. Any help and information would be much appreciated Thank You Sincerely Ken.

2. EternaMaticChallenger

Aug 19, 2019
    Male
    Country Flag:
    I forgot to add the gold watch hands not including the red seconds hand. are Gold Alpha/Lance style with what appears to be small thin tear shaped line of Tritium or Ridium lumen ? The case is round and if I`m correct this vintage Men`s watch is also considered a simple military style and the lugs are simple not fancy. I think the Dial is called a white fancy ? I`m trying to learn as much as possible. I hope my Father can see how much I appreciate this watch that still runs Great !

3. EternaMaticChallenger

Aug 19, 2019
    Male
    Country Flag:
    I'm trying to figure out how to add photos on my phone of my watch to my post on the forum asking for information Dating and detailed information that might be available with the 7 digit case serial number. Photos added would be helpful.

4thdimension likes this.
  4. EternaMaticChallenger

Aug 19, 2019
    Male
    Country Flag:
    #4 EternaMaticChallenger, Aug 21, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2019
    I am posting pictures of my watch today.

20190817_154353.jpg 20190817_154042.jpg 20190817_153230.jpg

20190817_153141.jpg 20190817_152516.jpg

Finally ! Figured out how to post pictures lol.☺. Last photo till I have the back open. Please help me with Dating , details about the watch and history. Would replacing the cracked crystal increase its value? The watch runs well and the crack isn't noticeable until viewed up close. 20190817_152516.jpg

5. EternaMaticChallenger

Aug 19, 2019
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Forgive me I'm new and just learning how to post pictures and use forum. I now have photos posted. Please view my photos and posts by scrolling through all my posts and replies to myself lol. Then please tell me anything You can. I have a passion for history and know I will Love this hobby and watch collection Ive started. All help and information will be appreciated ! Sincerely Ken.

6. gmorse

gmorse Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jan 7, 2011
    Male
    Retired from Xerox
    Breamore, Hampshire, UK
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hi Ken,

You've started a new thread instead of replying to your original one here. Threads are the outer 'wrappers' which contain all the posts (replies) relevant to the same subject. It is possible to include links to other threads or posts, (as I've done here), but it's easiest to just reply to your own posts in the same thread if you want to add information or respond to others' posts.

I've asked a Moderator to merge your two threads.

Regards,

Graham

EternaMaticChallenger likes this.
  7. MartyR

MartyR Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Dec 16, 2008
    UK
    Country Flag:
    As requested by Graham, I have merged the two threads, and also merged all the posts with the photos into one.

EternaMaticChallenger, to add a post to this thread, write your message in the blank box at the foot of the thread, then click the red "Post Reply" box.

If you want to know how to post multiple photos in one post (which makes it much easier for others to read the thread!) just contact Jeff Hess (the Moderator of this forum) or me by starting a PM/Conversation. To do that, hover your cursor on your avatar at the top of any page (just to the right of "DONATIONS) and click "PM/Converstaions" - second line down on the right of the drop-down list.

EternaMaticChallenger likes this.
  8. EternaMaticChallenger

Aug 19, 2019
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Thank You

9. EternaMaticChallenger

Aug 19, 2019
    Male
    Country Flag: