In 1990-91, our group located, restored, and installed a Howard round top tower clock movement in a local historic cupola. We knew when we installed it that the escape wheel's future was somewhat limited owing to two damaged teeth. The previous owner had allowed the escape wheel to roll of a high work bench, onto a concrete floor! Owing to the amount of work we had to do, and time constraints, we decided to use the wheel, knowing eventually it would have to be replaced. Well, the wheel performed until 1999. Upon checking the operation of the escapement one day, I noticed that one tooth (a chipped one) had worn to the point that it was not locking, but advancing to the pallet impulse faces. I shut the clock down. I conscripted my friend Trevor Beatson to fabricate a new escape wheel. The pictures portray the process. These didn't come out in the order that I selected them, but you'll get the idea.