cuckoo won't stop

Discussion in 'Clock Repair' started by cooner6, Jan 29, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. cooner6

cooner6 Registered User

Jan 29, 2015
    Country Flag:
    Do I set anything on the front of the Regula 34 before I install in my Cuckoo

My wife and I purchased a top line Cuckoo in Oberammergau in 1986. It hung in our family room for 20 years, working fine until my Grandson (8 years old) decided he wanted to pull the weights up. The clock immediately stopped working. I was given a Regulator Mantel Clock from a friend. The clock wasn't working and I decided to tackle the repair. YouTube was quite helpful. I oiled and cleaned the mechanism, installed it and it worked like a charm.
    I decided to tackle the cuckoo, again, YouTube was helpful. I cleaned and oiled and I found one of the gears was out of the hole and one of the stabilizer posts was also out of the hole. I carefully installed the Regula 34 back in the house, hooked up the wires correctly (I take lots of pictures when I'm working on projects), set the bird correctly.
    Problem is, the clock doesn't work. The pendulum tick tock's perfectly in time, the clock is balanced. The music came on and the bird cukoo'd once. It has been running for 3 days and keeping perfect time but no music or cuckoo.
    Was wondering? Was I suppose to set something on the front to the Regula?? Like the 12 notched gear?? Need help please.

2. Tinker Dwight

Tinker Dwight Registered User

Oct 11, 2010
    Calif. USA
    Re: Do I set anything on the front of the Regula 34 before I install in my Cuckoo

It is likely that there is something that got bent on the front
    of the movement. You'll most likely need to remove
    it from the case so you can take some pictures. We can
    then point you to possible locations of troubles.
    The other question is, did you take the plates apart?
    Tinker Dwight

Needs to be moved to clock repair.

3. cooner6

cooner6 Registered User

Jan 29, 2015
    Country Flag:
    Re: Do I set anything on the front of the Regula 34 before I install in my Cuckoo

I removed the mechanism from the house, thoroughly cleaned and oiled as per instructions. Noticed one of the gears and stabilizer posts were out of their holes. Very carefully, with a screwdriver and carefully moved them back in place. I never took the plates apart. I made a jug and put the Regula 34 leveled perfectly and watched the movements. I did not see any bent parts. The clock runs perfect, the cuckoo doesn't work. I did notice the bird was hanging up as it was coming out of the window. I adjusted him so he doesn't touch anything. That was 2 hours ago. Clock still runs great but still no cuckoo or music. :???: Here's a couple photos taken 5 minutes ago. PICT0136.JPG

Attached Files:

4. cooner6

cooner6 Registered User

Jan 29, 2015
    Country Flag:

Here's a photo of the Regula 34. PICT0138.JPG

5. Chris D

Chris D Registered User

Sep 8, 2009
    Coplay, PA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:

Are you aware of the 'night time shut off' lever? I believe it should be pushed down to turn on the cuckoo and music. Yours looks like it's in the middle. You also have an auto night time shut off movement, so depending on what time it is, it still may not cuckoo.

6. Tinker Dwight

Oct 11, 2010
    Calif. USA

There are a number of things that can cause the bird
    to not work. It is difficult to even begin with the movement
    mounted, unless it is something jamming the bird.
    The parts that control the bird are on the front of the movement.
    Tinker Dwight

7. cooner6

cooner6 Registered User

Jan 29, 2015
    Country Flag:

The sticker is still on the clock. The center position says "automatic", the upper position says "on", and the bottom position says "off". I've always had it in the center position. I just moved it to the upper position. Let's see what happens. Thanks for your input.

8. cooner6

cooner6 Registered User

Jan 29, 2015
    Country Flag:

I noticed the bird was hitting the top of the window. I've adjusted that. I will remove the movement and without adjusting anything, take a picture and post it. I pulled the weights to the top last evening and it's now 6 AM. I noticed the pendulum and the music weights have moved equally and the cuckoo hasn't moved. I also noticed there is a slight black ring on the inside, around the hole where the hands protrude. Like something has rubbed prior to the clock stopping. The clock did not run once my Grandson pulled the weights up too hard. Thanks for your advice and I'll get those photos to you later today. BTW, I'm 77 and a bit hard of hearing. My wife said she heard the music several times but no cuckoo..

9. Tinker Dwight

Oct 11, 2010
    Calif. USA

The cuckoo/strike is what triggers the music.
    I don't see what could start the music without
    the cuckoo/strike sequence.
    If the star wheel were slipping on the shaft,
    it would do this but then the cuckoo weight
    would still advance.
    There should have been nothing to adjust if
    the plates were not separated.
    The wires that trip the music often need tweaking
    if the movement is removed but don't fiddle with
    that until the strike works.
    Tinker Dwight

10. Patch

Patch Registered User

May 11, 2010
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:

Check the links on the chain. There may be a few that are stretched. Is the chain, threaded on to the chain wheel correctly? Is part of the chain, hanging up on a movement assembly post? Or, bellows lever post?
    Does the bird door, open and close smoothly?
    Did any of the teeth on the chain wheel, get bent?
    If, none of the arbors, or pivots weren't bent. Or, the chain wheel itself, didn't get broken; these would be some of the places, where I'd start my search.

11. cooner6

cooner6 Registered User

Jan 29, 2015
    Country Flag:

Here's a couple of photos of the front of the movement. I can't see anything that is bent. I ran the chains all the way through the wheels and no hang up. Bird door opens and closes properly. I have tweeked the music box wires to where they work properly.
    I decided to put the movement back in and check it out. When I put the weights on the cuckoo started and wouldn't stop. I've got to step back and take a break from this. I've hung the clock back up. It run perfect.
    Do you know any reliable cuckoo clock repair service in the Inland Empire around Rancho Cucamonga?? PICT0142.JPG PICT0143.JPG PICT0143.JPG

12. harold bain

harold bain Registered User
    NAWCC Member Deceased

Nov 4, 2002
    Male
    deceased
    Whitby, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:

Your first picture shows the rack stuck behind the snail. Trying it out without the hands installed will change where the snail sits, and could cause that.

13. cooner6

cooner6 Registered User

Jan 29, 2015
    Country Flag:

Brian: I appreciate you helping me and I hope what you are saying works. But, I don't know what a Rank and snail is. Could you use my picture and point them out for me. You see, I'm a novice. I've looked all over Google to find an on line manual for this movement, no help. Appreciate. I'll certainly give it a try. BTW the clock is ticking away. I moved the night shutoff lever to off. I was reading articles reference to the night shutoff. Tells me the noise is shut off between 9 pm and 8 am. But....I didn't hear any noise, so I'm assuming I still have a problem...

14. Tinker Dwight

Oct 11, 2010
    Calif. USA

I'm not able to edit pictures right now but I think
    this thread will help you:

https://mb.nawcc.org/showthread.php?39874

Look especially at post #15. You'll see a number of movements
    like yours ( I think they are all mirrored but you should be able
    to find the part on your movement. The rack tail is stuck behind the snail.
    Tinker Dwight

15. cooner6

cooner6 Registered User

Jan 29, 2015
    Country Flag:

Thanks Dwight..Sending you a photo of the 34, front & back side. I thought the movement was working perfectly, it was keeping perfect time. I looked at time this am and the clock had stopped. I started the pendelum, it ran 30 seconds and quit. I took the movement out and put it on my jig. It's like it was froze up. The rack had run out of gears, the rack hook was sitting at the bottom of the rack, and the brass cam,(gathering pallet?) was cradled at the bottom curve of the rack hook. I put the weights on (2), took the pendelum off so it would run faster and let it run. The bird appeared to be in the correct position, (in the house). I sat and watched for 15 minutes, nothing was happening. I put pressure on the weight so it would run faster. I know the clock time had passed at least one hour and still nothing happening. On the back, the gear that operates the bellow wires was almost at the point where they looked ready to make the bellow wires move. I'm making a jig setup where I can see the front and back of the movement to get a better feel how this thing is doing. Any suggestions would be appreciated. James PICT0165.JPG PICT0167.JPG PICT0138.JPG

16. Tinker Dwight

Oct 11, 2010
    Calif. USA

You have to have the minute hand on or the
    snail will slide forward and the rack tail ( that should
    stop on the snail ) will fall behind the snail.
    This will often stall the movement.
    Lift the rack up and push the snail back.
    Put the minute hand on it an check that when
    the rack falls just before the hour, the tail
    stops on the snail and doesn't slide behind.
    Tinker Dwight

17. cooner6

cooner6 Registered User

Jan 29, 2015
    Country Flag:
    I put the regula 34 in a jig. Put the weight on, the clock keeps good time. When the minute hand is close to 12, I hear the rack falling in place. The cuckoo strikes, say, 4, the bird comes and cuckoos 4 times and the door will shut. It won't shut off. The bird again opens the door, cuckoos once, the door closes, the bird comes out, cuckoos once, the door closes, so on and so on and it won't stop until I lift up on the weight. I let go of the weight and it does the same thing. I'm at wits end. I'm need help with this problem. Can anybody help...James :screwball:

18. Tinker Dwight

Oct 11, 2010
    Calif. USA
    CookooX.JPG

Refer to picture.
    The rack tail is caught behind the snail.
    This is bad.
    You must lift the bottom of the rack until
    the rack hook swings under the bottom end of
    the rack. The end of the rack tail should then
    be clear of the snail.
    With the minute hand installed, turn to the hour.
    The rack should fall but only until the end of the
    rack tail hits the side of the snail. This will happen
    about 10 to 5 minutes before the hour. With
    a weight on the chain, the cuckoo should not
    run until you continue past the hours.
    If it falls behind the snail, like in this picture, you may
    need to bend the rack tail out a little.
    There should be a small bend at the tip of the
    tack tail that catches on the snail.
    It should not go behind the snail.
    The reason I ask you to put the minute hand on
    is mostly to hold the snail from sliding forward,
    allowing the rack tail to go behind the snail.
    Continue advance the minute hand until a little
    after the hour and let the cuckoo strike. The gathering
    pallet should run and lift the rack until the rack
    hook falls under the rack and stops the cuckoo.
    Please try this and let us know if any part of what
    should happen doesn't happen.
    Tinker Dwight

19. cooner6

cooner6 Registered User

Jan 29, 2015
    Country Flag:
    How to order the proper Regula 34

The Regula 34 I bought on ebay works great but not for my Schneider cuckoo clock. The movement I purchased from ebay is a Albert Shawb and my original is a Schneider/Shone. I found after installing the movement in the clock the weights were not properly spaced. Come to find out, the gears that hold the weights are moving in different directions. My Schneider/Schone, looking from the pendulum (back) side, both gears pull the weights up clockwise. On the A.S. the left one pulls counter clockwise and the right pulls clockwise.
    I found a dealer who is from Grants Pass, Oregon has a 34 movement with night shutoff lever listed on their web site for $80 and change. They tell me they only sell 34's that turn in opposite directions. What's up with that?? Where can I order the proper 34?

20. harold bain

NAWCC Member Deceased

Nov 4, 2002
    Male
    deceased
    Whitby, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Re: How to order the proper Regula 34

Try Blackforest Imports.

21. shutterbug

shutterbug Moderator
    NAWCC Member

Oct 19, 2005
    Male
    Self employed interpreter/clock repairer
    Iowa
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:

Sounds like you may be dealing with 8 day vs a 30 hour movements.

22. Tinker Dwight

Oct 11, 2010
    Calif. USA

I believe SBug may have a point. I believe there were bit 8 day and 30 hour clocks
    sold as 34's. I think the only 34's you can get now are 8 day.
    I think we need a picture of the original movement.
    I just looked at one of his other post and he had an 8 day movement.
    How about a picture of the movement you bought?
    Tinker Dwight

23. harold bain

NAWCC Member Deceased

Nov 4, 2002
    Male
    deceased
    Whitby, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:

Every 8 day cuckoo movement I have ever seen had the weights hanging on the far ends of the chain. The right one on the right end, and the left one on the left end.

24. MartinM

MartinM Registered User

Jun 24, 2011
    Male
    Medical Insurance Systems Analyst
    El Dorado, CA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
  25. harold bain

NAWCC Member Deceased

Nov 4, 2002
    Male
    deceased
    Whitby, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
  26. MartinM

MartinM Registered User

Jun 24, 2011
    Male
    Medical Insurance Systems Analyst
    El Dorado, CA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    #26 MartinM, Feb 26, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2015

Why must they confuse us, so.
    I love your rule and would love to be 100% about it, but...
    There are several exceptions. This one even says it's a Regula:
    http://www.blackforestcuckooclocks.com/contents/en-us/p596_schneider_cuckoo_clocks_8tmt_1373_9.html

Some more for Rombach & Haas and Hekas:
    http://www.europeangiftpalace.com/Black-Forest-Cuckoo-Clocks/8-day-Carved/Cuckoo-Clock-8-day-movement-Carved-Style-39cm-by-Anton-Schneider::8346.html
    Though those do look like the advertising may just be wrong.

27. Tinker Dwight

Oct 11, 2010
    Calif. USA

I believe they mount the two different movements in the
    same basic work works. They have a picture for the catalog
    that would normally list the two as options.
    Tinker Dwight

28. cooner6

cooner6 Registered User

Jan 29, 2015
    Country Flag:
    #28 cooner6, Feb 26, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2015

Picture 03 shows the Albert Shaw 34-82 installed in my Schneider Clock and how the weights hang off center, Pic 05 is the damaged Schneider/Shone 34-88. I had to use the cuckoo wires and the striker from the Schneider 34.
    The Sheneider/Shone 34 is original equipment to the Schneider Clock. The Albert Shaw works fine except I've got to adjust the music wire. That's another time. I need a Schneider/Shone like the original. One that will pull both chains from the right side. PICT0003.JPG PICT0005.JPG PICT0136.JPG PICT0138.JPG I forgot to identify the pictures. Upper left is the Shawb 34-82, the center photo is the Schneider original, upper right is the original 34. and the bottom left is with the Shawb 34-82 installed.

29. harold bain

NAWCC Member Deceased

Nov 4, 2002
    Male
    deceased
    Whitby, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:

If you were to move the hole for the left side chain so it hangs straight down, would it then work? Or is there something else that would be wrong? I'm not following what happens with the new one that makes it not work. If it is just that it doesn't look right with the spacing, moving the hole should fix that.
    Martin, I think you are right.

30. Tinker Dwight

Oct 11, 2010
    Calif. USA

It is interesting that the time side is the one that is swapped.
    One wonders what the wheel arrangement looked like
    for each.
    There is still the question of what was wrong with the original movement?
    It may have been a simple repair.
    Tinker Dwight

31. cooner6

cooner6 Registered User

Jan 29, 2015
    Country Flag:

My first post explained how the movement was damaged. My 8 year old Grandson was curious and pulled the pendulum chain too hard and the clock stopped. I let it set for several years. I fixed a mantel clock for my Daughter and thought by watching Youtube I could learn how to take this one apart and fix it. My wife and I purchased this Schneider clock at Heigl in the Black Forest at Oberammergau in 1989 and had it shipped to So. Calif.
    When I removed the movement I saw there was a gear and an outer support post had been jared from their holes. It seemed to be an easy fix. I oiled the proper spots. It would run for a while and stop. All the parts seemed to be working. It wouldn't cuckoo half the time. It kept perfect time after I put the minute hand on as you suggested. But I wanted to make the complete clock work.
    My wife has terminal lung cancer. It's difficult for me to leave the house for any length of time with Vickie being in the condition she is.
    This clock has never been tampered with. The Schneider/Shone movement was installed at the factory. The only fix for this clock is having the same movement that was installed originally. One where both the sprockets pulling the weights up are moving in a clockwise direction. And that is what I need to buy. No modifications or drilling holes are needed, just the proper movement installed. I think my best bet is to call each of the dealers listed on Google and explain to them what I need and take it from there. Thanks for all your help. Will keep you informed of my progress.

32. cooner6

cooner6 Registered User

Jan 29, 2015
    Country Flag:
    Original Reciept from Heigl in Germany

When we purchased this Schneider Cuckoo Clock from Heigl, Theaterstr.12, West Germany, and the receipt they gave us reads: 1 Cuckoo Clock #8 TMT 1273-9. The original Regula 34 was an 8 day movement. And the Schwab movement has been hanging for 48 hours and the chain is 1/4 used. Just wanted to clear up some speculations this could be a 30 hr. movement. Thanks to all who have helped me. I'm assuming a 30 hr. clock means it hast to be wound every day..:D

33. Tinker Dwight

Oct 11, 2010
    Calif. USA
    Re: Original Reciept from Heigl in Germany

It is clearly an 8 day in the pictures. You can
    tell because the star wheel is not on the chain
    wheel. That makes it an 8 day.
    I don't know if you'll have much luck getting
    one with the different rotation. As Harold said,
    he'd not seen, one till now. If he'd not seen one,
    I can tell you they will be rare, really rare.
    Tinker Dwight

34. cooner6

cooner6 Registered User

Jan 29, 2015
    Country Flag:
    Re: Original Reciept from Heigl in Germany

My original Schneider/Shone 34 is the one that both pulleys turning clockwise when I'm rewinding the clock. That's working from the back side as shown in the photos. That's a shame. I guess the folks in Grants Pass wasn't pulling my leg. I appreciate you telling me about the minute hand has to be set in order for the clock to function properly. The clock is hung back up on the wall. Cuckoo's on the half and the hour and is keeping perfect time, but the weights look bad not being balanced. I don't have the music timed properly and won't play. My wife is not at all concerned with that aspect. I'm still looking on ebay and asking every seller to check it out before I bid. Maybe I'll get lucky. Thanks for your help. jc

35. Chris D

Chris D Registered User

Sep 8, 2009
    Coplay, PA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:

That is a common set up for a modern 8 day musical cuckoo. The CCW time train ratchet wheel is available from Black Forest Imports, part #ACG34/44T but according to the website they are out of the escape wheel (which you would also need to change). You could just take them out of your old movement.

36. harold bain

NAWCC Member Deceased

Nov 4, 2002
    Male
    deceased
    Whitby, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:

I think you will have to explain how just changing the escapewheel and the ratchet wheel could change the direction of motion but keep the hands going in the correct direction? Would it not require one more arbor, or one less arbor, between the power and the motion works?

37. Chris D

Chris D Registered User

Sep 8, 2009
    Coplay, PA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:

Yes, you got me. I worked on at least 3 of these last year but didn't give them much thought until now. After looking at some of my pictures I believe I figured it out. The ratchet wheel, escape wheel and 2nd wheel are different. Also, you need to remove this:

time.jpg
    On a normal 34 (non musical) the above gear is what turns the hand shaft. On the 34 with the CCW ratchet, it is removed and there is a larger gear on the second wheel that turns the hand shaft. So you would need to install all three and take out the above to convert it. Unfortunately, I only have pictures of one of the clocks to verify.

P9031757.jpg P9031767.jpg P9031776.jpg

38. harold bain

NAWCC Member Deceased

Nov 4, 2002
    Male
    deceased
    Whitby, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:

I suppose the only reason to have two different setups is to change how the weights hang, proportionately. As shown, having the weights both hang on the same side requires the weight hole for one of the weights to be stretched out to allow them some clearance, and balance them. Otherwise, the movements are the same.

Our original poster would have to have a very close look at the two movements he has to see if just swapping a few gears would make the changes he wants to make. The plates would have to be identical, hole for hole.

39. Chris D

Chris D Registered User

Sep 8, 2009
    Coplay, PA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:

I would agree, the only reason to do this would be to evenly space out the weights and balance the clock. My guess is that the plates are the same in both movements. I think the easiest thing for the OP would be to focus on the original movement.

40. cooner6

cooner6 Registered User

Jan 29, 2015
    Country Flag:
    #40 cooner6, Mar 1, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2015

Martin: The Schneider clock on this website is identical to our clock. This is what I posted in post #26: When we purchased this Schneider Cuckoo Clock from Heigl, Theaterstr.12, West Germany, and the receipt they gave us reads: 1 Cuckoo Clock #8 TMT 1273-9. The original Regula 34 was an 8 day movement. And mine is exactly 1000 clocks older!!! See the photo of mine in post 28.

41. cooner6

cooner6 Registered User

Jan 29, 2015
    Country Flag:

What was I thinking?? 1373 minus 1273 is 100!! Going blind in my old age.

42. cooner6

cooner6 Registered User

Jan 29, 2015
    Country Flag:

You are right. I found out a Schneider music clock with 3 weights comes with a Schneider Shone Regula 34 movement and has to be replaced with the same. Unless you are an experienced clock repair person of which I'm not. My hobby is restoring Muscle Cars like these.. Chevelle 9-05.jpg Chevelle 8- 9-05.jpg Chevelle 10- 9-05.jpg PICT0336.jpg

43. cooner6

cooner6 Registered User

Jan 29, 2015
    Country Flag:

I have the original movement on my jig right now where I can see the front, back and side. The movement has been running for 24 hours. It stopped in the middle of the night. The rack hook that sits on the snail was hooked on the straight edge of the snail and stopped the pendulem?? I moved the rack up and the hook set down on the snail. I have the hands from the clock on this movement. As I am turning the minute hand to the hour, I hear nothing. No drop downs, clicks, nothing. Nothing is happening on the half hour and hour. I noticed the minute hand was hard to turn in most of the 360 degrees. The bird tower doesn't move either. I need to buy a set of hands and bushings for a regula 34 so I won't have to rob from my clock. Everything I see on ebay is in cm's and say nothing about fitting regula 34. Any suggestions where to buy those?? BTW, after I oiled and ran the Albert Shaw movement I purchased for $28 on ebay, I installed it on my jig, ran it for 3 days and it did all the movements properly. I installed it in the clock and it worked fine. Struck the half and hour right on time. and kept perfect time. The bird cuckoo's on the right half and hour. But, it's the wrong movement. I have another 34 Schneider Shone used, coming from ebay. I'll see how that one works. Remember, in one of my first posts, I mentioned that I tried to buy a new movement where both pulleys moved in the same direction. A dealer in Oregon told me they never here of one like that. Meanwhile, from the posts I've received, they do make such a movement. Keep on truckin...

44. harold bain

NAWCC Member Deceased

Nov 4, 2002
    Male
    deceased
    Whitby, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:

Just a suggestion I made in post 20, contact them and explain your problem.

45. Chris D

Chris D Registered User

Sep 8, 2009
    Coplay, PA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:

If possible, please post pictures of all angles of the movement currently on your jig... front, back, left side, right side. Hopefully that will help in determining the issue.

46. cooner6

cooner6 Registered User

Jan 29, 2015
    Country Flag:
    #46 cooner6, Mar 1, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2015

Looking at post #37, I can clearly see the movement is an A. Schneider Shone, exactly the same as mine and looking at the bottom, mine pulls the same. The only difference, mine has the 9 Pm to 8 Am shutoff gears.

47. Chris D

Chris D Registered User

Sep 8, 2009
    Coplay, PA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Yes, it is the same except for the auto shut off. Do you still have the original Schneider mvmt. in your "jig"? you said it stopped in the middle of the night and it will not strike while turning the minute hand... please post some more pics.

48. Chris D

Chris D Registered User

Sep 8, 2009
    Coplay, PA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:

Oops! need to amend this AGAIN... the verge is different too. :bang:

49. cooner6

cooner6 Registered User

Jan 29, 2015
    Country Flag:

Chis: Here's a couple photos taken just after the movement started it's cuckoo process. It would not shut off until I lifted up the weight. When I let the weight down the cuckoo would continue. So I removed the weight and took these 2 photos. I had the minute hand on during this process.
    Prior to this proceedure, I had both hands on. I turned the minute hand slowly for a full circle of the dial. The weights were not on. I heard the same sounds as the Albert Schwab movement made as I was testing it. I thought I was getting somewhere until I put the weights on.
    At the beginning I thought by removing this movement and trying to fix it myself might be an easy task. But I was wrong. My Grandson, pulling the pendulem chain too hard, looks as though has done more damage than just popping a couple items out of their holes. I'm going to live with the Shawb movement in the clock for the time being. At least it keeps good time and cuckoo's on the half and the hour. I'm going to have to find an experienced 34 movement expert and maybe he can get this one working again. Thanks to all who have put forth an effort to help me. Much appreciated. PICT0032.JPG PICT0028.JPG

50. cooner6

cooner6 Registered User

Jan 29, 2015
    Country Flag:
    I was told that by Tinker Dwight and I've not moved it manually or with the weights on without the hands on. Thanks for noticing that.