Cuckoo weights

mizeddie

Jan 7, 2020
Country
I have two cuckoos..one is a true cuckoo, the other is a child's bunny with eyes that move side to side instead of the bird. I have had both for about 45 years. Just a couple years ago, I discovered weights were lost.
Each clock only uses one weight. So, I need to know what weight to get. I would assume they are one day clocks, only having the one weight. Thanks for any help. I seem to have developed an affinity for clocks, and would like to get these running again and hung up.

JimmyOz

Feb 21, 2008
Gold Coast Qld
Country
Region
If both only require 1 weight I would get 275 grams for each.

Reactions: shutterbug

mizeddie

Jan 7, 2020
Country
Here are some picstures of the front of my clocks, and the best I could get of the inside back for the works. I don't think there are any marking on the rabbit works. Thanks for all the help!

Mom Cuckoo 1.jpg Mom Cuckoo 3.jpg Rabbit Cockoo 1.jpg Rabbit Inside.jpg

mizeddie

Jan 7, 2020
Country
These would use the lightest of weights.
Thank you! I appreciate all ;the help I can get. They may be simple touristy cuckoos, but they came from Germanyin the early 70s while my brother was stationed there. They were sent home as Christmas gifts for my Mom and the rabbit was for my oldest daughter.

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
Those are novelty clocks and movements. I agree that a light weight will run them. You could rig up some weights with stuff you have around the house in order to decide what weight you need to buy. You want to run them with the least weight that will keep them running all day. They will both take the same size. The heavier the weight, the faster they will eventually wear out. I don't believe that particular movement is made any more.

JimmyOz

Feb 21, 2008
Gold Coast Qld
Country
Region
They still make both of those movements, the one not pictured (weather house) has bellows attached to it so it may need the 275 grams,

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
And just FYI, the man and women on top are just part of a barometer of sorts. One or the other will be out, showing fair or foul weather.