• The NAWCC Museum and Library & Research Center are currently open. Please check the Visiting Schedule for Days and Hours at the bottom of the Visit Page.

Cuckoo regula need pictures

90 Flhs

Dec 26, 2020
Country
Can anyone help me with picture? I took the clock apart while off from work when we had the shutdown. Now I’m trying to get it back together. I have it all figured out except the levers that hold the door open. My bird perch is mounted on the time side all the pictures that I can find have it on the strike side. Need pictures off the top of the strike side that shows levers. One off the levers goes through a shift and has a screw on it. The other has pivots and goes between the plates. I’m pretty sure where they goes just don’t know how.
Any help will be greatly appreciated
Thanks

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
It would help us to see pictures. Post some of what you have - movement and mystery levers.

disciple_dan

Blackwell Clock Award
Mar 10, 2016
Plant City
Country
Region
Good morning, 90 Flhs. What movement are you working on? Is it an 8 day? This example is an 8 day.
We need to see some pics of the movement you are working on.

20200901_132307.jpg 20200901_125100.jpg

90 Flhs

Dec 26, 2020
Country
Take a look at this picture.
View attachment 629313
This is different from mine however thanks to all I was able to figure it out. The first lever that goes between the plates holds the bird out. The second lever with the screw flip it up at the end to bring the bird back in.
thank you everyone for your help

Reactions: Dave T

90 Flhs

Dec 26, 2020
Country
This is different from mine however thanks to all I was able to figure it out. The first lever that goes between the plates holds the bird out. The second lever with the screw flip it up at the end to bring the bird back in.
Just got the movement back in the case with bellows. I had a good laugh I would like to share timing seemed okay when I went through the strike. Wrong! My stricks coook. There is no co
just got the movement back in the case strike timing looked good. But hanging and trying it I was wrong. It coos. But cuck thought it was pretty funny. We’ll back to the drawing board. Back apart it comes.

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
Sounds like something you can fix without taking it apart again. Maybe the wire just came off?