Cuckoo Regula 25 diagram

D

Dave Howard

I am interested in learning all I can about these movements,
But I would really like to find a Picture or drawing that has the Parts
Identified by there name.
Thats the only way I am gonna be able to learn it!
the one on the cuckooclockoligist site just has part numbers not any named parts

Any body got anything?

Thank you

Dave

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
Not for that specific movement, but they are basically all the same. Other than the levers that lift the bellows you'll find the parts are almost the same on all clocks, and are set up the same. The only differences are between rack and snail movements and count wheel movements.

MrTickTock

Dec 11, 2010
Alton, IL
Country
Region
I will see if I still have the pdf diagrams that the manufacturer sent me. Are you only looking for diagrams for the regula 25 or would you also like them on the regula 34 movements also?

MrTickTock

Dec 11, 2010
Alton, IL
Country
Region
Here are pdf files of the diagrams I have on the regula 25 movement. Unfortunately they are in German but they are good clear diagrams with the part numbers and names. I don't have any on the regula 25 with music yet. I also have some of regula 34 movements and some of them are musical movements if you are interested.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you would like the regula 34 diagrams too.

Kayle

Attachments

Reactions: lirenrui

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
Nice. Thanks, Kayle.

MrTickTock

Dec 11, 2010
Alton, IL
Country
Region
I had a request that I post the diagrams of the regula 34 movements also, so here they are. I hope they help. I'm not sure why they show up as a black rectangle but if you click on them they will come up and you cane see the diagrams and parts lists. These are all in German.

Attachments

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
Ditto!

Tinker Dwight

Oct 11, 2010
Calif. USA
Although, from an old post, it is nice to get diagrams.
For those that do venture into cuckoos for the first time,
study the relationship of the star wheel, bird levers and
warning pin before taking it apart. If not, you can spend
hours fiddling with them to get right.
Usually one can remove the gathering pallet and sometimes
the star wheel comes off as well. This helps a little to work
on one thing at a time.
When all is right, the last bellow lever has just dropped,
the door has closes and there is still a little free spin after
warning to lift the gong hammer and then open the
door.
Note all these things because you'll need to get them
all back together later.
Tinker Dwight

Cathy in Hawaii

Feb 25, 2005
Moku Nui, Hawaii
Great sequencing notation, Tinker Dwight, it's hard for the exploded diagrams to note that sort of information. I've written that in the back of the clock journal here along with how to set up chime sequences. Sometimes there's information that just doesn't show up in a drawing.

ABEL83

Dec 28, 2015
Country
Thanks for the files uploaded. I have a cuckoo clock sitted in my Grandparents home. After 25 years stoped, I am going to study and cleaning all gears and movement, in a first step, I could the general state of the movement and looks ok.
I am finding a good oil ( moebious is recommended by clock makers in my town) to aplly in gears and mechanical devices.
For cleaning, I read in several post the use if disolvents ( like gasoline) o an ultrasonic machine.
I will let you know about the process of this restoration.

Regards from Spain, friends, and thank you for your appreciate help in this matter. very helpfull the stories and advices posted in this foro, to be honest, one of the bets sites checked for me!!!

Best wishes for this new year 2016!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by a moderator:

Tinker Dwight

Oct 11, 2010
Calif. USA
I don't recommend putting gasoline in an ultrasonic.
It will surely cause a fire.
It will produce vapor at an accelerated rate.
Even turning the power on and off can ignite it.
The gear teeth should not be oiled. The pivots
for the various levers and arms should not be oiled.
Only the rotating pivots should get oil. I also oil the
anchor pivots and a tiny amount on the pallets, even
though they do not really rotate.
One should us a tiny amount of oil. If it runs down
out of the bushing, it is too much. If it runs down,
it will wick the oil away from the pivot.
Tinker Dwight

Last edited:

Willie X

Feb 9, 2008
Dave,
I have found that the very best guide to how the pieces of a clock go together is to have a working sample in front of you. In your case a Regula 25 is one of the most common movements on earth and it is often considered a disposable item. You should have no trouble at all finding a complete movement (that is worn out) to use as your guide. When you are starting out, no matter how many photos or drawings you make, there will be some questions that come up when you start the reassembly. There is no information that can not be provided by a complete unadulterated movement sitting there in front of you.
Willie X

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
Dave,
I have found that the very best guide to how the pieces of a clock go together is to have a working sample in front of you. In your case a Regula 25 is one of the most common movements on earth and it is often considered a disposable item. You should have no trouble at all finding a complete movement (that is worn out) to use as your guide. When you are starting out, no matter how many photos or drawings you make, there will be some questions that come up when you start the reassembly. There is no information that can not be provided by a complete unadulterated movement sitting there in front of you.
Willie X
Good advise. Probably one of the local repairmen have a movement laying around they would either let you have or sell very inexpensively.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Evocatas
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Weekly News 7/7/19 by Tom McIntyre