Cuckoo Clock Mechanism ID.

Jan 1, 2017
Country
Hello, can someone refresh my memory regarding who made cuckoo clock mechanisms and incorporated a bird as a separate part of the plate to hang the pivot on the escarpment? I used to know this but can't recall now! Thanks.

Jan 1, 2017
Country
Hello, this mechanism has a bird symbol attached to the plate, and was (from memory) a company symbol - but I see it so rarely, I have forgotten. Any help appreciated. Thanks. cuckoo mechanism with bird.jpg

Attachments

Steven Thornberry

User Administrator
Staff member
NAWCC Member
Jan 15, 2004
Here and there
Country
You posted this inquiry earlier in the Wood Movement forum. I have combined the two discussions into the General Clocks Discussion forum, where it properly belongs. It does not, of course, have a wood movement.

sigihils

Jan 18, 2010
Country
Region
Hello together,
according to Schmid "Uhrenlexikon" , MICROLISC (see under Jaegler) or Schneider "Kuckuckuhren"-book the bird as anchor plates (Ankerplaettchen) was used by Fuerderer & Jaegler in Neustadt (Black Forest).

The brass platines most likely have been produced by BURGER in Schonach (Black Forest). BURGER was a very important supplyer for platines, wheels, ect. (brass casted clock parts)

bangster

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Jan 1, 2005
utah
Country
Region
Schatz incorporated a bird silhouette into the back plate of their cuckoo movements.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Morbier
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Illinois Watch Company by Kent