Help Cuckoo Clock Help

Robert Horneman

Jul 6, 2017
Country
I have a GEBR KUNER QUAIL movement. I would like to know what links per foot chain I need and the proper weight for the weights?

Also is there any way to buy a new THREE WEIGHT CUCKOO MOVEMENT? Does any one know if there are any Clock Suppliers who carry them?

Vernon

NAWCC Member
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2006
Country
Region
Robert,
Try a thin paper strip and apply it onto the chain wheel. Puncture the paper with just the tips of the points then match it to one of the chains in Timesavers catalogue. You will want a hard copy as their photos of chain are true to life. Several suppliers have 3 weight movements (Timesavers, Blackforest Imports, etc.), have a look at the supplier section.

RJSoftware

Apr 15, 2005
Loxahatchee, Florida
Country
Region
Sounds like you need a vernier caliper to measure with. Very handy to have.
The digital ones are best and they convert mm, inches, fractions at push of a button.
They are inexpensive.

jonnylotto

Jul 11, 2019
Country
I have a GEBR KUNER QUAIL movement. I would like to know what links per foot chain I need and the proper weight for the weights?

Also is there any way to buy a new THREE WEIGHT CUCKOO MOVEMENT? Does any one know if there are any Clock Suppliers who carry them?
Timesavers has parts and if you search on "black forest cuckoo clock parts" you'll eventually find cuckooclocks dot com and some other sites that deal with cuckoo clocks. I just happen to be right in the middle of trying to repair a Hubert Herr 3 weight movement (the snail wheel disconnected, broken bellows, music not playing) so I've been thinking about just buying a new movement, but, @$200+ it defeats the purpose of resurrecting a 25 dollar flea market find. Ebay always has something but it might not be the right something.

20200827_181623.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jtvx
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Rockford's early high grade movements by Greg Frauenhoff