• The Bulletins and Marts are again available online. The network connectivity problem has been fixed. Thank you all very much for your patience.

Crane Month running clock

Weight Driven

May 24, 2004
Country
Hi Guys, after a long absence I'm back on the message board. A few weeks ago I picked up a Crane Month running clock at a local auction. In nice overall condition it belonged to a local repair person, I think. It has everything but the pendulum and weights. I know the pendulum, which I think is the three ball type but the large round ball would probably work, would be very difficult to find, the weights would be hard enough but I could work around that. Does anyone know anyone that could possibly fabricate one of these pendulums? With the right tools it seems to be fairly straightforward. For the record I approached the auction house about contacting the seller and of course they said no. Also no boxes of parts lying around that they have to sell. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

PatH

NAWCC Fellow
NAWCC Member
Dec 5, 2014
Texas
Country
Region
Welcome back, Weight Driven. If you could post a few pictures of what you have, it will likely help others determine what might be needed. And, of course, we all like to look at clock pictures, especially unusual examples.

Jim DuBois

Gibbs Literary Award
NAWCC Member
Jun 14, 2008
Magnolia, TX
Country
Region
The fellow who used to make several versions of pendulums for Cranes has left the scene. A conversation with another collector last month who mentioned his work with that fellow had ended and he had no idea what happened to him or his inventory if any. I realize that is not helpful to your search but figured it was still needed based on others' interest in the subject.

lawman

Feb 11, 2014
Rochdale Lancashire ENGLAND
Country
Hi I have the same problem as you I need a 3 ball Also mine has the strike train missing i once made a Becker wall clock pendulum as a member had a clock with no pendulum i just copied mine after making sure he have a genuine clock Without one to copy i would not try

Weight Driven

May 24, 2004
Country
thanks Burkhard, now if only I can get it working.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nersinho
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-