Copying to MB to other venues

Discussion in 'Message Board Help & Notices' started by eskmill, May 4, 2012.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. eskmill

eskmill Registered User
    Donor NAWCC Member

Aug 24, 2000
    Region Flag:
    I there a new rule regarding MB posts? I am seeing a posting on the MB, then the exact same post on another venue.

Case in point: In Electrical Horology this morning a posting by rlwindle appears on "Collector's Weekly" exactly. Is this a violation of MB rule and or Collector's Weekly?

I understood that postings were copyright NAWCC?

Now I cannot find the rule regarding postings.

What's up?

2. Steven Thornberry

Steven Thornberry User Administrator
    NAWCC Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Country Flag:
    You may be thinking of this rule (quoted in relevant part):

"Posting

1. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this message board. Although this message board does not and cannot review all the messages posted and is also not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we at this message board reserve the right to delete any message for any or no reason whatsoever.

2. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless NAWCC, Inc. (this message board), the makers of the bulletin board software, and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s)."

Inasmuch as Russ is the author of the articles on both sites, I don't see any particular problem.

Full rules are here.