Copy of a Self Winding Clock Co. Clock but by another maker.

Discussion in 'Electric Horology' started by H.Weiland, Jul 23, 2002.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. H.Weiland

H.Weiland Deceased
    Deceased

I have a nearly exact copy of a "F" style self winding clock but by an unknown maker. The movement plates have sloping or inclined sides rather than the parallel sides that normal SWCC clocks have. The internal wheels and parts are nearly perfect copies of standard construction.

The plates have a monogram stamped on the front which is a floriated circle with a large cap "H" touching the circle perimeter.

Above the circle is: "Self Winding", and under the circle is "USA" and under that is "Self Setting".

The Synchronizer is different also. It has a target which swings infront of an opening in the dial if the signal is not correctly received on time. The target swings showing red instead of green throught the opening.

The synchronizer operates on a heavier current than the W.U. standard of 250 mA. To operate it needs about 350mA.

The rectangular clock casework is different than but similar to a standard "29" in that it has an oval opening under the dial, allowing the pendulum to be seen.

The movement is numbered "166" and the case "140". Patent dates stamped into the movement plates are Feb. 15, 1910, twice, July 1, 1913 and July 8, 1913.

I have a picture on my website of the movement:
    www.execpc.com/~hweiland

the picture is marked "MYSTERY SWCC".

Thanks for any opinions!

Best regards,

Henry Weiland
    Milwaukee

2. H.Weiland

H.Weiland Deceased
    Deceased

I have a nearly exact copy of a "F" style self winding clock but by an unknown maker. The movement plates have sloping or inclined sides rather than the parallel sides that normal SWCC clocks have. The internal wheels and parts are nearly perfect copies of standard construction.

The plates have a monogram stamped on the front which is a floriated circle with a large cap "H" touching the circle perimeter.

Above the circle is: "Self Winding", and under the circle is "USA" and under that is "Self Setting".

The Synchronizer is different also. It has a target which swings infront of an opening in the dial if the signal is not correctly received on time. The target swings showing red instead of green throught the opening.

The synchronizer operates on a heavier current than the W.U. standard of 250 mA. To operate it needs about 350mA.

The rectangular clock casework is different than but similar to a standard "29" in that it has an oval opening under the dial, allowing the pendulum to be seen.

The movement is numbered "166" and the case "140". Patent dates stamped into the movement plates are Feb. 15, 1910, twice, July 1, 1913 and July 8, 1913.

I have a picture on my website of the movement:
    www.execpc.com/~hweiland

the picture is marked "MYSTERY SWCC".

Thanks for any opinions!

Best regards,

Henry Weiland
    Milwaukee

3. BILL KAPP

BILL KAPP Registered User

Feb 19, 2002
    Retired Law enforcement/Investor
    Arroyo Grande, Ca
    HENRY,
    I DON'T HAVE ANY ANSWERS, JUST QUESTIONS.
    I PICKED UP A F STYLE SYNC 120 BEAT MOVEMENT THAT IS FOR TWO DIALS, BUT IS MISSING THE ARBOR,PINION AND GEAR THAT WOULD RUN THE BACK DIAL. DO YOU KNOW WHERE I COULD GET A PIC OR DESCRIPTION OF THESE SO I COULD HAVE THEM MADE?
    ALSO PICKED UP A CASE FOR AN 80 BEAT MOVEMENT, DO YOU KNOW WHERE I COULD BUY OR TRADE FOR ONE?
    BILL KAPP
    william_K_93420@yahoo.com