copy and paste???

Discussion in 'Forums Help & Notices' started by Dick Feldman, Jan 16, 2012.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. For the new NAWCC home page
    Click this image at the upper left corner of this page.
  1. Dick Feldman

Dick Feldman Registered User

Sep 1, 2000
    Colorado, usa
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    #1 Dick Feldman, Jan 16, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
    When I compose a post using Word, copy and paste to this board, it seems some spaces between words are eliminated.
    I have edited the posts on this board, inserting the proper spaces to find later that the spaces are again eliminated.
    Am I doing something wrong?

Check out the following:

Thestrike/chime is normally triggered by a lever fallingoff a cam lobe on the arbor that carriesthe minute hand. There is usually one of the (two or four)lobes that is longer thanthe other/s .

Normally, thehour strike/chime will not trigger the hoursequence unless the minute hand shaft liftswith the highest lobe on thecam.The highest lobe will trigger thechime or strike when the minute hand is pointing at 12 on thedial.

If the clock“wants” to sound the hour noise and the hand isnot pointing to the 12 on the dial, the cam willnot lift the lever high enoughtotrigger. When the hand reaches the 12 position, the cam will lift the wiresufficiently to trigger thestrike/chime.Till then, the clock willnotchime/strike.

With chimingclocks, when the hour chime is finished, thestrike function is released.

Best,

Dick

2. Tom McIntyre

Tom McIntyre Technical Admin
    Staff Member NAWCC Star Fellow NAWCC Ruby Member Sponsor

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    retired SW dev
    Boston
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Dick, MS Word embeds formatting characters in the text that are interpreted by Word as instructions to display the text in a certain way. The native format on this system uses much less of that kind of information and does not recognize the Word functions unless it is specifically told to do so.

The mechanism to insert word material is to use the Paste From Word function that is available in the WYSIWYG Editor as the button near the top left corner with the Word W logo on it. The previous version recognized a little of the formatting but threw away the rest. This version tries to recognize much more but needs to be told.

3. Dick Feldman

Sep 1, 2000
    Colorado, usa
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hello Tom,

Fine, but indulge me. How about specific instructions that say. Click ______, then click ________, then, then, then, etc.

Since I don't know what the WYSIWYG Editor is and could not find it, I was shot out of the saddle on the first step.

Best,

Dick

4. Tom McIntyre

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    retired SW dev
    Boston
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    1. Click on reply to thread.
    2. Click on Go Advanced (lower right).
    --- you will see an edit window open with smileys on the left and lots of buttons above.
    3. Click on the A/A button in the upper left corner of the buttons.
    --- you are now in What You See Is What You Get mode (much like in MS Word)
    4. Click on the third button to the right that looks like a folder with the MS Word W on it.
    --- This will paste the text from MS Word into your document and preserve all the Word features that it can.

This is a sample of MS Word Text in a fancy script font. I don’t know if it will be correctly displayed or not.

Depending on your security settings in your browser, the text may appear in the document or you will see a popup box and be asked to paste the text in that box and click OK.

This is the first time I have used the feature myself, so I am anxious to see how it works.

5. Dick Feldman

Sep 1, 2000
    Colorado, usa
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hello Tom,

Many thanks for your help. As a test, I used Word for this response and am trying the method you suggested.

Best Regards,

Dick

6. Tom McIntyre

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    retired SW dev
    Boston
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Congratulations, it seems to have worked.