Help Conversations?

Discussion in 'Message Board Help & Notices' started by Omexa, Jan 10, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Omexa

Omexa Registered User

Feb 28, 2010
    Hi, are Conversations like PM's and are only seen by the person you are messaging? Or are they like "Conversation Street" on The Grand Tour and visible to the whole World. I hope not! Regards Ray

2. KurtinSA

KurtinSA Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Nov 24, 2014
    Aerospace Engineer (Ret.)
    San Antonio, TX
    Should be just like PMs, but you can attach images to the conversations. Just between you and the recipient.

Kurt

3. Omexa

Omexa Registered User

Feb 28, 2010
    Thanks Kurt. Regards Ray

4. David S

David S Registered User
    NAWCC Member Donor

Dec 18, 2011
    Male
    Professional Engineer - Retired
    Brockville, On Canada
    Ray when you start a conversation there are two options at the bottom. One allows others to join in and another one to lock the conversation.

You can practice by sending me one if you wish.

DAvid

5. Bill Stuntz

Bill Stuntz Technical Admin
    Staff Member Donor

Apr 6, 2012
    Male
    PC Tech
    Columbus. OH
    This seems a little misleading. The "allows others to join in" applies ONLY to users who are already participants in the conversation. Participation is by invitation only. The person who initiated the conversation can allow other participants to invite other users... or not. No one else can even see that the conversation exists. Admins/Mods could see the conversation, but we WON'T invade anyone's privacy unless one of the participants reports some sort of abuse in a conversation. We DO NOT monitor private conversations in any way, unless we need to investigate a report.

6. Tom McIntyre

Tom McIntyre Technical Admin
    Staff Member NAWCC Star Fellow NAWCC Ruby Member Sponsor

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    retired SW dev
    Boston
    I have not seen anyone use it and would be very unlikely to do so myself, but there is an option to "leave" a conversation also. The conversation starter can invite additional participants at any time but they must be invited either by the starter by another authorized party.

We have both forums and profile pages where public remarks may be made. I have noticed that many people start private discussions on profile pages. I suspect those folks are Face Book users. :)