Contemporary Watchmaking and NAWCC

Dr. Jon

NAWCC Member
Dec 14, 2001
New Hampshire
Country
Region
This forum is to discuss contemporary watchmaking. It differs from the others in that almost any specific watch mentioned in this forum is in current or recent production so we have to be careful about our rule against links to items actively for sale.

We are doing this forum to acquaint the NAWCC members with as much of what is going on today as we can fit in the area and we hope to have content to attract the interest and attention of the many people who collect today's watches. Ideally we can have interesting exchanges between ourselves and the new collectors who are not part of NAWCC.

I am a primarily a collector and student of older pocket watches and watch repair, as well as a moderator. I will be posting some things I hope will get discussions started and my ambition is to be buried in a torrent of much better content.

Some topics I will be researching and posting on are:

- Revivals of old mechanisms in current watches, for example fusees
- New escapements and their relation to older ones
- Links to outstanding videos made by independent operators and by watch companies
- Micro brands and crowd funded watches
- Quartz and possibly "Smart" watches
-Homage versus counterfeits
-Changes in way collectors view watches

Last edited:

Dr. Jon

NAWCC Member
Dec 14, 2001
New Hampshire
Country
Region
This is today's Worn and Wound Podcast

Much of the comment was negative about the "New York Watch guy" but I found it very illuminating and in line with what I have been thinking (maybe we are both nuts!!). I thinbk the first part of teh podcast nails it.

Worn and Wound is a kind of Hodinkee light. One of the staff is from this area and I know him from our local meet ups. I like and respect him. I have not done any business with them.

This link is to their podcast which is not selling any watches but Worn and Wound does sell watch stuff including special editions from micro brands.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j0ckser
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Watch Inspectors by Kent