scootermcrad

NAWCC Member
Mar 1, 2016
North Carolina
cabarrustimesavers.blogspot.com
Country
Region
Hello All,

During the quest to restore our courthouse clock, I also ran across another clock that turns out to be a community mystery. I'm on a hunt to try and locate it and see if it can be put back in service, as the building is being restored.

Here is a picture of the clock. Seems it was removed sometime in the 70's and replaced with a time and temp "digital" clock. What is the make of this clock? Can anyone tell me anything about these clocks? Were they mechanical?

Square%201930s_zps1vkzze4v.jpg

Here is a similar clock in NOLA (I found this on the web)

457f3f7643f9d6b2b3344e20eabdc1ae.jpg

Any help would be appreciated here!

Thank you!
Scott

Dick C

Oct 14, 2009
Country
Do a Google Images search (or other search engine) for MCCLINTOCK BANK CLOCK

doug sinclair

Aug 27, 2000
Calgary, Alberta
Country
Region
If you don't locate the original, Electric Time Corp. of Medfield (Mass.?) can probably help you. They have a website, and the president often posts, here. Keep us posted. Sounds like an interesting project. If the original was indeed a McClintock, they were electric, to the best of my knowledge.

scootermcrad

NAWCC Member
Mar 1, 2016
North Carolina
Country
Region
Do a Google Images search (or other search engine) for MCCLINTOCK BANK CLOCK
Yahtzee!
It appears it is indeed a McClintock. Thank you! It does make sense that it would be electric, as well.

Now to find it!

- - - Updated - - -

If you don't locate the original, Electric Time Corp. of Medfield (Mass.?) can probably help you. They have a website, and the president often posts, here. Keep us posted. Sounds like an interesting project. If the original was indeed a McClintock, they were electric, to the best of my knowledge.
Thanks!

scootermcrad

NAWCC Member
Mar 1, 2016
North Carolina
Country
Region
Several days of research have turned up lots of conversations, including news from one of the people who is still alive whose family owned the bank.

The clock was removed sometime in the late 60's or very early 70's to make way for a Digital Time and Temp corner sign. It is being presumed that the McClintock was removed by the sign maker and was probably taken away to an undisclosed location. The sign maker, [FONT=&quot]American Sign and Indicator Corporation, has long since declared bankruptcy and closed their doors. Original founders have also since passed. So any records are presumed to have been destroyed along with the company.

So if anyone out there has seen a McClintock that says "Concord National Bank" on the bottom, please let me know. HA! :)[/FONT]

ElectricTime

NAWCC Business
Sep 28, 2002
We do make reproductions for clients, I think your project would be a modified version of our 4 Dial McClintock Corner Mounted Clock.

The original clocks were typically copper over a steel frame, chances are if you do find it the clock has rotted away into nothing.

Please feel free to contact me at tde@electrictime.com if you would like additional information or a proposal.

scootermcrad

NAWCC Member
Mar 1, 2016
North Carolina
Country
Region

chiminIn

Aug 17, 2016
China Grove, N. C.
Country
Region
I would love to donate some time to help with this project. I own about 30 antique mechanical clocks, had this hobby for several years. Cabarrus County native since 1954. contact at emmo5954@gmail.com. thanks, Harold Emerson 704-298-5273

scootermcrad

NAWCC Member
Mar 1, 2016
North Carolina
Country
Region
I would love to donate some time to help with this project. I own about 30 antique mechanical clocks, had this hobby for several years. Cabarrus County native since 1954. contact at emmo5954@gmail.com. thanks, Harold Emerson 704-298-5273
Harold,
Thanks for reaching out. I sent you an email. I would like to chat more with you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinSer
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller