National Meeting 2019 Come to Springfield in June for a great time

Discussion in 'NAWCC Events' started by Tom McIntyre, Feb 22, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Jim Haney

Jim Haney Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Male
    Working the farm, Garden,horses, goats, chickens,
    Decatur, TN.
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    No reports on the National? With the Sat-Sun dates and no public attendance or invitations, I am not surprised :eek:

2. Tom McIntyre

Tom McIntyre Technical Admin
    Staff Member NAWCC Star Fellow NAWCC Ruby Member Sponsor

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    retired SW dev
    Boston
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    What would you like to know Jim?

3. Jim Haney

NAWCC Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Male
    Decatur, TN.
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    The regular standard report, Attendance, tables sold, Income and what the amount went to National, etc.

4. FDelGreco

FDelGreco Registered User
    NAWCC Star Fellow NAWCC Member Sponsor

Aug 28, 2000
    Male
    Retired chemical engineer
    Novelty, OH
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Tom:

You’ve already told us total attendance and tables sold in a previous post. Of course, those numbers may have been revised. Here is what I’d like to see:

1. Total preregistrations net of refunds. How many refunds issued.

2. Total tables sold net of refunds. How many refunds issued.

3. Number of walk-in registrations and tables sold on Friday, if any.

4. Number of walk-in registrations and tables sold on Saturday.

5. Number of walk-in registrations and tables sold on Sunday.

6. How many opening reception sales.

7. How many banquet sales.

8. Total $ surplus net of any rebates from hotels, refunds, etc. How much were those rebates?

9. Total $ of surplus that went to the Association. $ that went to hosting and cohosting chapters.

That should do it. Thanks.

Frank

5. Jim Haney

NAWCC Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Male
    Decatur, TN.
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Most of the members reading this can only assume that the results are so depressing that the information is being withheld?

This basic info should have been available a week after the National was over, so what is the issue?

6. Tom McIntyre

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    retired SW dev
    Boston
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Jim, I posted the simple information I had. Lu is putting together the final results and should have that available soon.

She does not appear to have read this thread.

7. musicguy

musicguy Moderator
    NAWCC Member Sponsor

Jan 12, 2017
    New York State
    Country Flag:
    I'm not looking to pile on here(sorry Tom :)) but Jim Haney and some of the other long time members have made
    a reasonable request to understand what the "numbers" were at the National. I did not pay for
    a table(or tables) but if I did I probably would also like to know the numerical results from the National. I may
    or may not agree with others here how to interpret them, but information is a necessary tool for all to make
    intelligent decisions and have intelligent discussions. Transparency is a good thing.

If this isn't the place to post this type of question RE, "She does not appear to have read this thread." than there should
    be a place to ask these questions. I assume that it is normal(within the rules of the NAWCC) that
    this information is to be disseminated to the members, if I'm wrong let me know.
    In the end it's the BOD and the President of the organisation who will make the final
    decisions if there were to be changes based on these numbers so there is nothing wrong
    with disclosing them for discussion. I also understand that it does take time to put
    a report together, but does Lu even know these members are asking for it here in
    in the NAWCC Event section?

Rob

8. Tom McIntyre

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    retired SW dev
    Boston
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Lu does not use the Message Board and her report from the Convention is not yet due to the BOD. I believe it is scheduled for the next conference call meeting.

We do have a real disconnect in that many of the leaders who work so hard for out chapters, regionals, national meetings and national committees are not active on the Message Board.

I find that many people with very good person to person skills are uncomfortable with the black and white permanent nature of on-line communications. My hope is that the younger members will eventually change that demographic and we will be able to coordinate our activities better in this environment.

The current BOD and Committee Chairs have begun to try to move their activities to private forums on this site. I am hopeful that this will lead to more of them participating in the educational forums as well.

These event forums are not the best place to discuss internal political matters in the NAWCC. Doing that is one of the things that inhibits the leadership from participating here.

musicguy likes this.
  9. Jim Haney

NAWCC Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Male
    Decatur, TN.
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    The Chattanooga Regional was a success and had over 50 "public" paid a fee of $10 on Saturday, so that puts holes in post 34 & 36, and also added $500+ to the Income.

It was at the Chattanooga Convention center where we have held the National several times, so it was on discount VFW type of venue.

The people who volunteer their time to put these on should have a Model to go by and see where the success story's originate.

How many $50 reduced memberships were sold in Springfield?

Dave Coatsworth likes this.
  10. Tom McIntyre

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    retired SW dev
    Boston
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Jim, do you know what the budget for the event was?

The numbers I saw were 7 first year $52 members and 5 first 4 months $30 members. Both of those got discounted event admission as well as the reduced membership fee. There were 31 new member registrations including the preregistration period.

How were the lectures and exhibit in Chattanooga?

11. Jim Haney

NAWCC Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Male
    Decatur, TN.
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I don't see any provision in the just posted BOD meeting schedule for a Report for the National Convention in Springfield from June?