Colonial of Zeeland wall mounted clock

Discussion in 'General Clock Discussions' started by ReasonOne, Sep 6, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. ReasonOne

ReasonOne Registered User

Jul 21, 2019
    Male
    Country Flag:
    I pulled this out of long term storage and just had it cleaned and serviced. It is now in perfect working order and keeps excellent time.

This appears to be a Colonial of Zeeland wall mounted grandmother clock with Westminster chime. Clock Model 127. Movement reads #132 German Jandz 8 day chain driven, has original weights and pendulum. It is supposed to be from the late 1940s. The clock and the counterweights are extremely heavy - it’s very deceiving given it’s size, leading me to believe that it is not of cheaper or low quality construction.

Does anyone have expertise or knowledge on these? Any additional details or insight would be welcomed.

EC7C5F98-E6E0-4A01-91F4-EF13FCC2F073.jpeg

2. JTD

JTD Registered User

Sep 27, 2005
    Do you think that what you see as Jandz might be Jauch? A better picture of the whole clock and also a photo of the movement, especially the back plate, would help greatly.

Just from what I can see I would suppose this is later than 1940s, but I may well be wrong.

JTD

3. Willie X

Willie X Registered User

Feb 9, 2008
    I would also guess later, like 1960s. Basicly a small GF clock but just the head and lower transition. Some were much larger (like 5 to 6') to include the waist with glass door but without a base.
    WIllie X