Coin key wind case question

Luca

Jan 19, 2004
This keywind case is missing the crown or button. I believe it must have had a faux crown - one that looked like a winding crown but was really only used to open the front cover. Here are some pics. Anyone know how the crown/pusher would have been held in the pendant? Utilizing the bow ends? There is no detent screw.

kwfauxcrown001.jpg kwfauxcrown002.jpg kwfauxcrown003.jpg

Greg Frauenhoff

NAWCC Fellow
NAWCC Member
Aug 25, 2000
A pin through a hole in the stem part of the pusher that lines up with the ear holes for the bow.

Luca

Jan 19, 2004
Ah, so the pin catches on the holes preventing it from being pulled out? Thank you.

Luca

Tom Huber

NAWCC Member
Dec 9, 2000
Indiana PA
Country
Region
Yes Luca, The stem can be a one piece--with a flat button on he top or it can be a stem with threads on the top--the button screws on. All stems for these cases are different shapes-made to fit the hole and able to be depressed to open the cover.

Toward the bottom of the stem a small hole is drilled through the stem. This hole lines up where the bow fits into the pendant. The stem is held in place with a piece of wire fitted through the hole. To insert the stem, remove the bow with bow plyers. Insert the stem, place the wire through the stem. There should be a little bit of wire extending beyond each side of the stem, enough to catch and hold the stem into the pendant. Replace the bow. The bow will hold everything in place.

Stems are out there, but they must be fit individually to each case.

Tom

Luca

Jan 19, 2004
Yes Luca, The stem can be a one piece--with a flat button on he top or it can be a stem with threads on the top--the button screws on. All stems for these cases are different shapes-made to fit the hole and able to be depressed to open the cover.

Toward the bottom of the stem a small hole is drilled through the stem. This hole lines up where the bow fits into the pendant. The stem is held in place with a piece of wire fitted through the hole. To insert the stem, remove the bow with bow plyers. Insert the stem, place the wire through the stem. There should be a little bit of wire extending beyond each side of the stem, enough to catch and hold the stem into the pendant. Replace the bow. The bow will hold everything in place.

Stems are out there, but they must be fit individually to each case.

Tom
Thanks Tom. I guess I will go hunting through my stash in hopes I can find something that fits. I appreciate the detailed explanation!

Our 2021 National Meeting in Hampton Roads Virginia
Topic related ad experiment
Know Your NAWCC Forums Rules!
RULES & GUIDELINES

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayjayclox
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
How to wire a 24 volt secondary for a 12 volt ITR/IBM Master clock system by Toughtool