• Upcoming updates
    Over the next couple of weeks we will be performing software updates on the forum. These will be completed in small steps as we upgrade individual software addons. You might occasionally see a maintenance message that will last a few minutes at most.

If we anticipate an update will take more than a few minutes, we'll put up a notice with estimated time.

Thank you!

Coca Cola Basket Case...

Richard T.

Deceased
Deceased
Apr 7, 2005
Country
Region
Greetings all,

As much as I hate "basket cases" I have another. Believe it or not the dial actually says "Drink Coca Cola"...you can see part of it at the correct angle.

View attachment 3313

This dial is so bad that something has to be done...Is there a source for a dial that says
Drink Coca Cola:???:?

View attachment 3314

View attachment 3315

I already have an old top, a new bottom and a piece of wood that is as old as the clock to try and repair the backboard. I will have to get a piece of old glass for the door, I'm sure it will have to be plain as the proper one is not available as far as I know.

Tell me what you think......

Will up-date as things progress.

Regards,

Richard T.

Richard T.

Deceased
Deceased
Apr 7, 2005
Country
Region
Greetings all,

As much as I hate "basket cases" I have another. Believe it or not the dial actually says "Drink Coca Cola"...you can see part of it at the correct angle.

View attachment 3316

This dial is so bad that something has to be done...Is there a source for a dial that says
Drink Coca Cola:???:?

View attachment 3317

View attachment 3318

I already have an old top, a new bottom and a piece of wood that is as old as the clock to try and repair the backboard. I will have to get a piece of old glass for the door, I'm sure it will have to be plain as the proper one is not available as far as I know.

Tell me what you think......

Will up-date as things progress.

Regards,

Richard T.

Scottie-TX

Deceased
Apr 6, 2004
Mesquite, TX
Country
Region
I couldn't do it but I know ARJAY, probably others could do it. That is to take the logo and graphically re-size it to apply to your dial. Probably need a larger than average printer - superimpose your graphics on a plain dial - print - and VOILA! Isn't technology wonderful?

Richard T.

Deceased
Deceased
Apr 7, 2005
Country
Region
Hi Les,

Thanks for the input. My neighbor has a print shop. Maybe I can see what he can do...

Regards,

Richard T.

jacks61fd

Jul 2, 2002
Ocala Florida
home.rr.com
Country
Region
Richard

Please do not destroy that old Coke dial.If for visual reasons you must replace it, start with a new dial pan and dial, drill the mounting holes to match. Save the old dial and pan.

Richard T.

Deceased
Deceased
Apr 7, 2005
Country
Region
Hi Jack,

Thanks for your input. I haven't decided what I will do at this point. Just exploring options.

Regards,

Richard T.

RJSoftware

Apr 15, 2005
Loxahatchee, Florida
Country
Region
(Assuming size of dial is problem)

If you go to kinko's then you can have them scan the dial in a jpeg format. You can then edit the image later at home in your favorite paint editor.

Make copies of the original image and save each advance you make to the image.

Then go back to kinko's and print it out.

You dont have to destroy the original dial. Just cover over old dial with new paper dial. You can even seperate the two via cellophene or wax paper. Tape just the edges to hold dial in place.

I tried and like the clear acrylic spray paint to preserve the old dial. To keep it from flaking, but am sure others know better way.

Richard T.

Deceased
Deceased
Apr 7, 2005
Country
Region
Thanks RJ. Appreciate the input.

Regards,

Richard T.

tin-injun

Nov 10, 2002
Hi Richard,Here's a link to a guy that should have the dial you are looking for,the last I talked to him he did have the correct Coke dial you need.
http://www.crescentclock.com/
It's not listed on his site anywhere but you can get his phone # from the website.
RJ is on the right track,your Gilbert dial pan should be a two piece design with tabs holding it together(be gentle bending them),once you get the dial apart and the brass decoration ring off, install your new dial over the old one
(age it first if you prefer).Also,once you receive your new dial you can take it to any print shop and have it copied(you can chose from different papers to achieve the results you are seeking) so you can keep the new one if you ever want another one.Hope this helps,Tin

Richard T.

Deceased
Deceased
Apr 7, 2005
Country
Region
Hi tin,

Thanks for the information. I called the person that you referenced. He will be available a bit later and I'm going to call back. Thanks for your assistance..

Regards,

Richard T.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ACBurke
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Swiss Fake by Kent