Coca Cola Advertising Clock

digitalpan

Oct 29, 2012
London, England
Country
Region
Hi, I was just asked to look at a Coca Cola advertising clock. A quick search of the forums found several threads with identical clocks, identified as a Gilbert 3022. This clock has only a "C" or a "G" and a "J" stamped on the frame with no other identification. After attention to the dial mountings it runs very well, but the pendulum is missing the adjuster at the bottom - in fact I'm not sure if the pendulum is original. Does anyone have details or a photo of the adjuster so that I can make the correct looking part?
Thanks
Ian
IMG_1152S.jpg IMG_1156S.jpg IMG_1155S.jpg

Willie X

Feb 9, 2008
There slot at the bottom was once a narrow rabbit. The front side of the rabbit got busted out somehow. Just imagine a narrow groove with a flattened rating screw shaft held in the bottom of the rabbit/groove using two rivets. The rabbit allows the rating assembly to come out near the center of the rectangular stick. This way it can slide easily through the hoops of the pendulum bob.
I would make a new stick from oak and use a rating assembly similar to Merritts #P1178. Paint it black when you're done.
Willie X

digitalpan

Oct 29, 2012
London, England
Country
Region
Thanks for your help, that's exactly the sort of reference I needed. I expect the pendulum was dropped and the rating nut and threaded portion broke off from the wood.
Regards
Ian

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Morbier
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Illinois Watch Company by Kent