American Clocks of James Bleecker Groot from Altamont, NY?

Discussion in 'General Clock Discussions' started by William Johnson, Feb 2, 2020.

Tags:
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. William Johnson

William Johnson Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Mar 21, 2019
    I am researching our Victorian home located in the village of Altamont, NY (suburb of Albany, NY) and have learned that the home was originally built in 1889 by James Bleecker Groot. A short biography of him in New York State Men indicates that he was a serious clock hobbyist who had a room in the house set up to make "his intricate, one-of-a-kind clocks". Since I am also a clock hobbyist, I would love to acquire one of the clocks from Mr. Groot. I am asking if anyone has ever seen one of his clocks. I have no further information other than that short description in the biography and do not know anything about the clocks he made. If anyone has any information, I will be most grateful!

2. Andy Dervan

Andy Dervan Registered User
    Gibbs Literary Award NAWCC Star Fellow NAWCC Member

Oct 23, 2002
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Did you check the Bulletin Index for any articles on Mr. Groot?

Contact Russ Oechsle - he is knowledgeable about NY clockmakers. He may not have any information on him unless Mr. Groot actually produced some clocks..

Andy Dervan