Clocks Coexisting with other Historical Artifacts

Discussion in 'Horological Misc' started by ClockMogul, Apr 10, 2012.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. ClockMogul

ClockMogul Registered User
    Donor NAWCC Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Ohio
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    1880s Grenet Cell Battery.jpg I am sure that most collectors of clocks also have other varied interests. My other serious interest is in the early pre 1890's electrical items such as Lightbulbs (Have over 1500 on display) Sockets, Switches, Meters, Telephones, Bipolar Motors, anything Edison related, Phonographs, and just anything of early american apparatus that is in nice original condition. I will post a few pictures of some of the various other things i collect that go along with the clocks.. Anyone else Early Electrical Apparatus.jpg care to share there other fields of interest..?

2. ClockMogul

Donor NAWCC Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Ohio
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
  3. Tom McIntyre

Tom McIntyre Technical Admin
    Staff Member Donor Sponsor NAWCC Member

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    retired SW dev
    Boston
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    A friend of mine Sherm Wolf had similar interests in electronics and communications. as well as clocks and Ferrari's. Unfortunately he died just a few weeks ago. We all miss him a lot.

I especially like his funky looking NY Stock Exchange Ticker keyboard that was used to send out the transactions on the tape. He had a nice atomic clock also that made me jealous.

4. ClockMogul

Donor NAWCC Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Ohio
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Gamewell Walnut.jpg Gamewell Oak.jpg

Here is a pair of 1870's 15inch Gamewell Fire Gongs in original untouched condition. As difficult as it is to find large jewelers regulator clocks that have not gone though the Ethan Allan Shop goes the same for gamewell Gongs. Most of htese were painted over many times during its life at a fire station. These are clock work mechanisms and 100% original and straight..

5. harold bain

harold bain Forums Administrator
    Donor NAWCC Member

Nov 4, 2002
    Male
    self-employed in the clock business
    Whitby, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    We used to have an old (empty) Gamewell box in our outhouse at the cottage to hold toilet paper where the mice couldn't get at it. Lost it in a fire (lightning strike, took the outhouse, but missed the cottage by a couple of feet).
    Tom, sorry to hear about Sherm. Had many a conversation with him about electric clocks.