Clockmaker needed in Temple Texas

disciple_dan

NAWCC Member
Donor
Mar 10, 2016
Plant City
Country
Region
I have a customer that is moving to Temple Texas and will need a grandfather clock overhauled. Please let me know if you are available to help. Thank you, Danny

PatH

NAWCC Fellow
NAWCC Member
Dec 5, 2014
Texas
Country
Region
Will it need to be overhauled, or just set up when it arrives? Also, is it a modern clock, etc? That might help individuals know whether it is something they would have time to do.

disciple_dan

NAWCC Member
Donor
Mar 10, 2016
Plant City
Country
Region
Will it need to be overhauled, or just set up when it arrives? Also, is it a modern clock, etc? That might help individuals know whether it is something they would have time to do.
Yeah, overhauled. Stripped, cleaned, and all wear removed. It's a Hermle 1161 I believe. In a Curio case. It will most likely be set up by the owners. I only saw it for a few minutes but it was not ticking at all. I believe the cable was trapped on the time train. It was purchased at a Lighthouse ministries thrift store.Thanks for your help, Danny

JTD

Sep 27, 2005
Country
Why not contact the nearest NAWCC chapter to Temple Tx (use the 'Find my nearest Chapter' link at the top of the page) and ask them to suggest someone who could do this.

JTD

disciple_dan

NAWCC Member
Donor
Mar 10, 2016
Plant City
Country
Region
Well, that was a good idea but I got no results. The website could not be reached and neither of the 2 email links got me to a place where I could communicate with them. It was Chapter 15. Southwestern. I'll try again later. Thanks, Danny

JTD

Sep 27, 2005
Country
Well, that was a good idea but I got no results. The website could not be reached and neither of the 2 email links got me to a place where I could communicate with them. It was Chapter 15. Southwestern. I'll try again later. Thanks, Danny
That's a pity. I've just tried it and I agree the website can't be reached, but both the email addresses seemed to be working o.k.

Hope you'll get through.

JTD

disciple_dan

NAWCC Member
Donor
Mar 10, 2016
Plant City
Country
Region
Can you forward the actual email address to me? In the link, it just had (Email) in a hyperlink and that opened up my email in an Oprea browser, no email address for Chapter 15:???:

JTD

Sep 27, 2005
Country
Can you forward the actual email address to me? In the link, it just had (Email) in a hyperlink and that opened up my email in an Oprea browser, no email address for Chapter 15:???:
Not sure what you are looking at. There is no email for the Chapter 15, the email addresses given are for the President and Secretary. They open fine for me and these are the people you need to contact. Anyway here you are:

President: jay@hollowaytrading.com

Secretary: patricia.w.holloway@gmail.com

JTD

disciple_dan

NAWCC Member
Donor
Mar 10, 2016
Plant City
Country
Region
Great. thank you, that worked fine. I'm not sure why they wouldn't open for me but now, It doesn't matter. Thank you for the help, Danny

disciple_dan

NAWCC Member
Donor
Mar 10, 2016
Plant City
Country
Region

Address not found

Your message wasn't delivered to jay@hollwaytrading.com because the domain hollwaytrading.com couldn't be found. Check for typos or unnecessary spaces and try again.
:???::???::???::???::???:??

disciple_dan

NAWCC Member
Donor
Mar 10, 2016
Plant City
Country
Region
I live about 40 minutes from Temple.
Thank you for letting me know. In an effort to keep the cost down for this customer, I'm going to continue to look for someone a little closer. I really appreciate your willingness to travel. Thank you again, I'll let you know what I find out. Danny

PatH

NAWCC Fellow
NAWCC Member
Dec 5, 2014
Texas
Country
Region
My apologies for the incorrect links for the Chapter. We are in the process of creating a new Chapter 15 website, that's why I had asked about the issues with the clock, so we could reach out to Chapter and Guild members to see who might have availability. I see that Glen already stepped up. Thank you, glenhead !!

JTD

Sep 27, 2005
Country

Address not found

Your message wasn't delivered to jay@hollwaytrading.com because the domain hollwaytrading.com couldn't be found. Check for typos or unnecessary spaces and try again.
:???::???::???::???::???:??
Well, perhaps it didn't go through because you wrote hollwaytrading and not hollowaytrading.

If it still doesn't work, try the secretary's email.

JTD

disciple_dan

NAWCC Member
Donor
Mar 10, 2016
Plant City
Country
Region
I just clicked the link that was in the post. I'm not sure why it eliminated that o. Crazy stuff. I'll try it again. Thanks, Danny

disciple_dan

NAWCC Member
Donor
Mar 10, 2016
Plant City
Country
Region
I'm not going crazy! I'm not going crazy! This is making me go crazy. When I clicked the link in the post this time it did the same thing as when I searched for Chapters. It opens my google email page. I tried the Secretary also and the same thing. Am I going crazy?

PatH

NAWCC Fellow
NAWCC Member
Dec 5, 2014
Texas
Country
Region
I'm not going crazy! I'm not going crazy! This is making me go crazy. When I clicked the link in the post this time it did the same thing as when I searched for Chapters. It opens my google email page. I tried the Secretary also and the same thing. Am I going crazy?
Dan, I apologize for the email information and links. That email is no longer valid due to website difficulties, but if you type in the patricia...gmail address in your email program, I would have gotten it. We are working on getting everything corrected. However, I saw your post and responded above. Glen is one of the people I would have checked with as to his availability, so hopefully you can get his information and your customer can once again have a happy clock.

Thanks for your patience.
Pat

disciple_dan

NAWCC Member
Donor
Mar 10, 2016
Plant City
Country
Region
PatH. I didn't realize you were from that chapter. Thank you for the help. I'll give them the information. Danny
I'll send you a PM with contact info.
Ok, Glen. I'll pass your name to the customer. Please send it to me. Danny

Reactions: PatH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ferkor
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-