• Upcoming updates
    Over the next couple of weeks we will be performing software updates on the forum. These will be completed in small steps as we upgrade individual software addons. You might occasionally see a maintenance message that will last a few minutes at most.

If we anticipate an update will take more than a few minutes, we'll put up a notice with estimated time.

Thank you!

Clock Wheels Wanted

Cyrus

Dec 3, 2022
Country
Dear All,
I have an old grandfather clock whose mechanism indicates this inscription:
URGOS
MADE IN GERMANY
2 (TWO) JEWELS
UN ADJUSTED
It's probably a UW 6/36 series mechanism , but I'm not sure as it's not clearly specified on the back.
The mechanism requires two wheels (one missing, one broken):
One wheel on the back is missing (see photos);
And another inner wheel is broken (see photos).
I would be grateful if you could give me some references such as the code and description of the wheels to be replaced or the precise model of the clock or a scheme, in order to help me to find spare parts.
I am attaching some photos to show the situation.
Thank you all.

IMG-20221124-WA0004.jpg Ruota Mancante.jpg IMG_20221127_184344.jpg Ruota non in asse.jpg IMG-20221124-WA0006.jpg IMG_20221127_192024.jpg IMG-20221124-WA0001.jpg

Willie X

Feb 9, 2008
About all you can do is search for an old movement that's just like the one you have. Make sure it has all its parts (complete) and hope you can make one good clock. Always buy a complete movement, because you may get lucky and get a much better movement than you have now.

It's not a good idea to start a second post about the same clock.

Willie X

Cyrus

Dec 3, 2022
Country
About all you can do is search for an old movement that's just like the one you have. Make sure it has all its parts (complete) and hope you can make one good clock. Always buy a complete movement, because you may get lucky and get a much better movement than you have now.

It's not a good idea to start a second post about the same clock.

Willie X
Yes Willie X is what I'm trying to do but without knowing the exact model it's very difficult!
Unfortunately it is a very old model so I was unable to find one that is the same or similar.
I'm not discouraged because it's a beautiful watch and I hope that some friends who are members of the group can give me some more useful info.
In the meantime, many thanks. I will certainly follow your advice!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MilesB
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Swiss Fake by Kent