• The NAWCC Museum and Library & Research Center will reopen starting Wednesday, January 6, 2021 as per Governor Wolf's reopening mandate.

Waterbury Clock Reproduction?

Brianta

Jan 15, 2017
Seattle, WA
Country
Region
Hello all.

I ran across a Waterbury Camden clock for sale the other day. One fellow I talked to seemed to think the clock was reproduced in China (many years ago). Can anyone confirm or deny this?

The images of the Waterbury Camden clock don't seem to have a second hand in them. Maybe this clock is a marriage of a Waterbury case with another movement perhaps?

Also, does anyone know of a compiled list somewhere that describes what reproduction old clocks may be out there (and what to look for, other than the obvious, in that case)?

Thanks!

00E0E_dcWYixMkU9r_1200x900.jpg 00z0z_ex55L7iAtJD_1200x900.jpg 00X0X_fx2kPqAAh2V_1200x900.jpg 00M0M_6I1BjIKaqYP_1200x900.jpg

Last edited:

JTD

Sep 27, 2005
Country
The photos are so blurred and out of focus that it is very hard to see any detail at all. Are you sure this a Waterbury Camden? I am not an expert in USA clocks, but I am under the impression that the 'Camden' series were 'gingerbread' clocks.

Whatever clock this is, I can see no obvious signs that it is a reproduction, but again, clearer photos would be a great help.

Others with greater knowledge than mine may be able to help better.

JTD

rmarkowitz1_cee4a1

NAWCC Member
Nov 26, 2009
Country
I’m confused.

Are these your pix or ones the seller has provided to you?

Either way they’re abysmal & it would be impossible for me, but maybe not others, to draw any firm conclusions about the clock based upon them. That said, based upon what little I can make out, I don’t like the way the carving is executed.

Better pix & additional info would help us to help you. If there is no additional info available, I would walk away from it.

RM

Dick C

Oct 14, 2009
Country
I have seen this for sale.....I think that it is a marriage.

I believe that the case could be a Waterbury Camden; however, the movement, dial, hands, do not appear to what I would have expected in the Camden.

For instance, look at the bracket and the movement....the bracket is overkill. The position of the winding holes in Tran's book are different from these as are the hands.

Dick

Brianta

Jan 15, 2017
Seattle, WA
Country
Region
The pics may indeed be abysmal, but they are the only ones I have (as provided by the seller). Waterbury does have a Camden gingerbread clock as well as a wall version (CA 1900-1920) - 46" tall (which is the same "general" height - seller stated that it was 50" - but I don't know how accurate his measurements are).

Thanks to all for your the input - it is much appreciated.