Clock parts wanted-older posts

Sammyt97

Aug 18, 2006
Massachusetts
Hi Everyone,

I am in the process of finishing up restoration on a EN Welch "Maritana" I am looking for the particular hardware for the sides. I have included a photo I have found on the web of the clock as well as a photo of mine before and after. Please send me a PM if you have this specific hardware. Thanks.

Chris 128907.jpg 128908.jpg 128909.jpg

Neal Miller

Feb 13, 2006
rural Carson City, Michigan
Country
Region
Re: Clock Parts Wanted

I am in need of the gear that supports the second hand on an 84K Kieninger triple chime, cable driven, movement. These pictures should help. I believe the movement was made in the 1980s.

Thanks for your help.

129312.jpg 129313.jpg 129314.jpg

MillTime

NAWCC Member
Jan 12, 2009
French pendulum back needed

Hello, I am looking for the back piece to a French pendulum. This piece screws onto the pendulum with a screw in the middle and inside holds little weights. The diameter is approximately 3 inches. The clock that the pendulum belongs to runs fast, even with the pendulum adjusted as low to the base as possible. I finally figured out the back and weights are missing. I attached a picture of the pendulum with the back missing 129346.jpg 129347.jpg , and also a picture of another pendulum with the back attached.

R&A

Oct 21, 2008
Country
Practice moving multiple posts

MillTime;658363 said:
Hello, I am looking for the back piece to a French pendulum. This piece screws onto the pendulum with a screw in the middle and inside holds little weights. The diameter is approximately 3 inches. The clock that the pendulum belongs to runs fast, even with the pendulum adjusted as low to the base as possible. I finally figured out the back and weights are missing. I attached a picture of the pendulum with the back missing 129346.jpg 129347.jpg , and also a picture of another pendulum with the back attached.
You could make this out of brass stock. Or you could send me the stock and it would be less for me to make for you. Go to my web page and send me an Email. If you don't have the stock I can get it.

WWW.Heritage-Clocks.com

H/C

Bob Baxter

Dec 19, 2000
Carlisle, MA
Country
Re: Need Chalet Cuckoo Decoration

E. Howard door latches needed for a #70. Anyone know where I can find these. I've checked the usual suppliers.
Thanks

bajaddict

NAWCC Member
Jun 23, 2010
Country
Region

Does anyone have a movement that would work for this Lux Sunburst?

I "gave" my brother a Lux Sunburst clock for x-mas..... not working at the time..... assuring him that I would have it ticking away nicely in a jiffy. Months later, I have failed to get her working and have bunged the hairspring in the process :whistle:

I can probably fit another similar movement to the mounting plate.... but it needs to mount from the front at it's threaded center and the winding arbor is a mere 3/4" off of the center of the hands.

The speed adjustment is from the rear.... but I can do without this feature as it probably ain't gonna be used for accurate time.

My next option is to admit failure and fit it with a quartz movement - I would sure hate to take that route.

If anyone has something that might work it would be greatly appreciated. 129523.jpg 129524.jpg 129525.jpg 129526.jpg 129527.jpg 129528.jpg

Bob Baxter

Dec 19, 2000
Carlisle, MA
Country

E. Howard door latches needed for a #70. Anyone know where I can find these. I've checked the usual suppliers.
Thanks

Popi

NAWCC Member
Mar 4, 2010
Whidbey Island, WA. U.S.A.
Country
Region
Junghans

I am in need of a main spring and barrel for a Junghans b25, strike train only and cant find one. any one have one or know where I could get one? someone soldered the barrel closed and the main spring is broken.

Dick Feldman

Sep 1, 2000
Colorado, usa
Country
Region
Re: Junghans

Popi,

I think you will have better luck finding someone capable of reversing the solder job (remove the solder from the barrel) and replacing the spring.

If you have a broken main spring, likely there is secondary damage to the movement. The shock from a spring breaking can and usually will damage other parts in the movement. That secondary damage can be bent/broken teeth on the barrel itself, bent/broken teeth on the second pinion, bent arbor on the second wheel and maybe the same for the third and/or fourth wheels.

If you need a new barrel made, there are micro machinists who can make a new barrel.

Best Regards,

Dick

Ed O'Brien

NAWCC Member
Nov 30, 2009
Winter Park, FL
Country
Re: PAM Clock repair

I have an 18-inch slightly convex glass. Is this what you need? May also have the square glass. Can you tell me if they are convex, dimensions and any other information to determine what is needed?

soaringjoy

Feb 12, 2009
Germany, North Rhine-Westphalia
Country
Region

Popi;659635 said:
I am in need of a main spring and barrel for a Junghans b25, strike train only and cant find one. any one have one or know where I could get one? someone soldered the barrel closed and the main spring is broken.
Popi, the thing is, "B25" is not a movement type, it's a date code. You'll have to measure out the parts you need anyway.

John P

NAWCC Member
Sep 17, 2010
North Carolina
Country
Region

I am looking for a movement for a new haven Tuscan 30 hr. clock.

John

chimeclockfan

NAWCC Member
Dec 21, 2006
WI
Country
Region

Does anyone have a Westminster chime block that looks similar to this? The rods on the Westminster side must have the longest rods towards the front (1-2-3-4).

Will take block only (no rods) if the rods are damaged or sound terrible. 130290.jpg

Popi

NAWCC Member
Mar 4, 2010
Whidbey Island, WA. U.S.A.
Country
Region

thank you for responding. A previous attempt by another clock person soldered the barrel or (so it seems) and there is solder al over it. this is beyond my scope of expertise, maybe I should take it to a real clock person, oh wait I am a real clock person. so I should learn to do this kind of work.

R&A

Oct 21, 2008
Country

Popi;661259 said:
thank you for responding. A previous attempt by another clock person soldered the barrel or (so it seems) and there is solder al over it. this is beyond my scope of expertise, maybe I should take it to a real clock person, oh wait I am a real clock person. so I should learn to do this kind of work.
If all else fails give me a call or Email . I think I have a Mauthe barrel I posted in here that I bushed and such. I believe I re-cut the barrel lip too.

WWW.Heritage-Clocks.com

Jmurrell

NAWCC Member
Apr 3, 2011
Southeastern Ohio
Country
Region
Need parts for a Seth Thomas Gallery clock

Hi I am working on a Seth Thmas Gallery clock and I am in need of the bezel and glass for the clock as well as the second hand. Can anyone tell me if they have on that I can purchase? The distance across the dial is 14 1/4" and the distance from the bezel hinge over to the brass latch that holds the bezel shut is a diameter of 15 1/8". Any help would be appreciated. I am attaching a couple of pictures if I can.
Thanks
John Murrell 130962.jpg 130963.jpg

clocknut

Dec 12, 2003
farm1.static.flickr.com
Re: large nine tube ugos winding arbor

I have in for repair a large urgos nine tube movement with a broken winding arbor. This is the style that has the removeable cable drum and winding stops so you can remove the drum without disassembling the movement.
The winding arbor is held into place with a E clip.Remove the E clip and pull out the arbor.The older 9 tubes don't have the E clip. The movement is a UW 03042B So please look in your parts boxes and see if you might have one or know of some place I might find one.
Thanks so Much
Harold

clocknut44@aol.com

Last edited:

inbeat

NAWCC Member
Nov 10, 2000
Portland, Oregon
Country
Region

I am in need of a dial for a Seth Thomas Lincoln. Condition is not important as I could have it repainted. I also need the wooden dial board for a Lincoln. A dial for a Garfield or a dial for a Seth Flora would also work....The dials are identical and are identified as "8 inch".

David Garas

NAWCC Member
Jan 22, 2011
Re: 400 Day Schatz clock face screw holder assembly

John, if you have not found it yet I am sure I have some. How many do you need? Do you need the collar too or just the screw?

Jmurrell

NAWCC Member
Apr 3, 2011
Southeastern Ohio
Country
Region
Re: Need parts for a Seth Thomas Gallery clock

I don't know if I have received any replys since my post was moved to this site, as I cannot see any. If you wish to contact me with information as to where I can get a bezel and hopefully the glass please get in touch with me at jmurrell348@suddenlink.net
thanks John

R&A

Oct 21, 2008
Country

clocknut;662820 said:
I have in for repair a large urgos nine tube movement with a broken winding arbor. This is the style that has the removeable cable drum and winding stops so you can remove the drum without disassembling the movement.
The winding arbor is held into place with a E clip.Remove the E clip and pull out the arbor.The older 9 tubes don't have the E clip. The movement is a UW 03042B So please look in your parts boxes and see if you might have one or know of some place I might find one.
Thanks so Much
Harold

clocknut44@aol.com
You could have one made. Contact me.

WWW.Heritage-Clocks.com

R&A

Oct 21, 2008
Country
Re: Hair springs

Scot Traffis;664035 said:
Looking for a pendulum rod for a Glibert #14. Need from keystone to rating screw. Thank you, Scot
Can this be made:???:

H/C

R&A

Oct 21, 2008
Country

Scot Traffis;664064 said:
I could make one but I was hoping to find an original one.
Then your ahead of the game then. Good Just trying to help out.

H/C

dygger

Nov 16, 2010

Looking for parts to repair a Horovolar "Ignatz" flying pendulum clock. I need the twin arms and also the arm that swings around. Thanks. Richard Rose

R&A

Oct 21, 2008
Country

dygger;664220 said:
Looking for parts to repair a Horovolar "Ignatz" flying pendulum clock. I need the twin arms and also the arm that swings around. Thanks. Richard Rose
Aren't these arms made out of brass rod?

H/C

Jmurrell

NAWCC Member
Apr 3, 2011
Southeastern Ohio
Country
Region

I am also in need of a set of springs for this gallery clock, but I do not know where to get them. I have checked Timesavers and Merritts,also Black Forest and Mile High Clock parts but none of them have a spring this size and in a loop end.

The ones currently in the clock measure 3/4" wide x 48mm thick x I think 110" long. However it hard to get it completely unwound to get the measurement on the length.

Merritts does have a spring that is 5/8" wide x .60mm x 108" long but it is not in a loop end. Do I need to use this one and attach the loop ends from the current springs?

Does anyone know where I can buy the springs I need?
thanks John Murrell

130963.jpg 131692.jpg

Last edited:

harold bain

NAWCC Member
Deceased
Nov 4, 2002
Whitby, Ontario, Canada
Country
Region

To be sure, it would help to know what movement your clock has, but as a guess, I would expect a model 86 movement. Tran shows springs of 10' x 3/4" x .015. Timesavers part # 16880 should work, 3/4" x .014 x 108. Or part # 15959, 3/4" x .0165" x 120" may be closer.
What's wrong with the springs in the clock? At .48mm they may be too thick.

dygger

Nov 16, 2010

One brass rod I have and could probably have it brazed back on. The arm that swings though is missing. It's a bit more ornate than a plain rod though.

deloid

NAWCC Member
Nov 30, 2002
Country
Region
Need parts or whole ingraham square mvt (shop regulator)

I have an ingraham shop regulator (mine...not a customers) that has a cracked winding arbor. Due to medical reasons I can't turn a new arbor at this time and not likely in the near future.
I am hoping someone has a parts movement with this arbor...gear attached is fine. I'd also consider buying a whole movement that just needs simple repairs.
This is the square mvt, 3 5/16" per side, time only marked:
E. Ingraham CO
Bristol CT USA
Number 6 on the left of this
Number 02 on the right

Thanks for your help-

Dean Lapinel
Boise, ID

hookster

NAWCC Member
Jan 14, 2011
Pottageville Ontario Canada
Country
Region
Re: Need parts or whole ingraham square mvt (shop regulator)

I have a really nice case that I would like to put a time only spring or weight driven movement in. The maximum depth would be 3 inches and I would like a pendulum drop of about 13 inches. Does anyone out there have such an animal they would part with? Thanks.

R&A

Oct 21, 2008
Country

deloid;678636 said:
I have an ingraham shop regulator (mine...not a customers) that has a cracked winding arbor. Due to medical reasons I can't turn a new arbor at this time and not likely in the near future.
I am hoping someone has a parts movement with this arbor...gear attached is fine. I'd also consider buying a whole movement that just needs simple repairs.
This is the square mvt, 3 5/16" per side, time only marked:
E. Ingraham CO
Bristol CT USA
Number 6 on the left of this
Number 02 on the right

Thanks for your help-

Dean Lapinel
Boise, ID
Contact me.

H/C

Douglas Ballard

Dec 2, 2011
Alma, MI
Country
Region

Hello, I am looking for the bottom most ornament, the one below the dial, for a ew Haven "Warwick" model, ca. 1914 cast iron mantle clock. The rest of the clock can be junk, just need this ornament and perhaps the right (facing the clock) leg set. This is the clock pictured below, the right half of the bottom ornament is missing.

attachment.jpg

Neal Miller

Feb 13, 2006
rural Carson City, Michigan
Country
Region

Neal Miller;658284 said:
I am in need of the gear that supports the second hand on an 84K Kieninger triple chime, cable driven, movement. These pictures should help. I believe the movement was made in the 1980s.

Thanks for your help.

129312.jpg 129313.jpg 129314.jpg

I have the gear and the clock is together again.

This posting can be removed.

Neal Miller

hoo-boy

Nov 13, 2008
1/2 mile past Resume Speed
Country
Region

Trying to locate an escape wheel w/ arbor for a Welby 400 day clock, it is plate @ 1580A in Horolavar 10th edition book
Horolavar doesn't have it.
Thanks

BHB 1991

Apr 5, 2012
Oklahoma
Country
Region

Hello, I have received help here before and was able to fix a clock so I would like to try again. I have a Seth Thomas Doric #0, I believe, and I am in need of a bezel and glass. I believe the bezel would be 4 or 4 1/4 inches and the glass would be beveled. I have attached a couple of pictures of this particular clock. The bezel screws on to the hinge from the top and the bottom unless this particular hinge is not original.

Thanks.

133014.jpg 133015.jpg

Dave Berghold

NAWCC Life Member
NAWCC Member
Sep 17, 2000
Montana
Region
Chelsea Parts.... Help please

I'm trying to complete a restoration of a pilot house clock. It's missing two critical pieces..... balance wheel and balance bridge. The clock came out of a clock repair man's estate and I've scoured the whole place from top to bottom to locate the two parts. Chelsea does not have them and would not offer even the balance staff dimensions. So, if someone out there has either or both ("X"ing my fingers) I'd love to hear from you.
Here's an image of the movement.
Thanks! 133051.jpg
Dave

Coolyus5712

Sep 13, 2009
Country

I need the part in the photo. It is for an Ingraham Movement.
Joe (adelejoe5@gmail.com) 133070.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Dave Berghold

NAWCC Life Member
NAWCC Member
Sep 17, 2000
Montana
Region
Re: Chelsea Parts.... Help please

Thanks Dick. I've just emailed him... hopefully something becomes of it. It's such a stunning clock... red brass case.... shame to see it parted out.
Thanks,
Dave

Lorne Miess

Sep 26, 2010

I have an Ansonia Drop Calendar clock that in need of parts. It's from my parents estate and I'd like to find the parts to fix and keep it. http://www.antiqueclockspriceguide.com/pages/clock9850.php It's missing the calendar parts and day wheel. I'm guessing it jammed at one point and ll the parts were removed. The clock works great and the case is in great shape. I can use all the parts that I can grab. Would you have any leads for me?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clockman1965
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller