• The NAWCC Museum and Library & Research Center are currently open. Please check the Visiting Schedule for Days and Hours at the bottom of the Visit Page.

Clock parts wanted Obsolete older posts II

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
Re: wanted - dial face for Seth Thomas

Thanks gentlemen. Got one on the way :)

matthiasi

Dec 3, 2010
Kelowna
www.inhoffclocks.com
Country
Region

Looking for a New Haven (Brantford, ON) electric clock motor like this one:

213762.jpg 213763.jpg 213761.jpg 213764.jpg 213765.jpg

It's 110-125VAC, 60HZ. Don't have a clue to how many rpm's it's supposed to have, but they're fast...albeit, the one I have isn't fast enough.

David S

NAWCC Member
Dec 18, 2011
Brockville, On Canada
Country
Region

First let me say they are awesome pictures. Have you cleaned and oiled the shaft and bushing? Is there excessive wear that would cause any stack rub?

David

AlpineRaven

Sep 16, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Country
Region

matthiasi;893822 said:
Looking for a New Haven (Brantford, ON) electric clock motor like this one:

213762.jpg 213763.jpg 213761.jpg 213764.jpg 213765.jpg

It's 110-125VAC, 60HZ. Don't have a clue to how many rpm's it's supposed to have, but they're fast...albeit, the one I have isn't fast enough.
In last case I would take that motor to an armature rewinder/rebuilder he'll be able to fix it
cheers

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region

Timesavers used to carry the coils, and I found one fairly recently in their discontinued items area of the web site. They might still have one.

coldwar

May 20, 2009
www.hoagsclockshop.com
Country
Re: Clock Parts Wanted

I gathered he hopes for the entire motor assembly. If the coil is all he needs, a fairly common Telechron/G.E. 'B' type #48 coil with some shimming will work great with the original field. Might not self start reliably no matter what parts, a old trouble with New Haven designs.

petevig

Jun 7, 2014
Reston, VA
Country
Region

disregard, sent PM
mldenison;890369 said:
With David's help in finding the correct strip spring material, I'm going to attempt to make one.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:

Walt Wallgren

NAWCC Member
Aug 16, 2012
Bay Area, California
Country
Region

Does anybody have a period sunburst pendulum for a portal clock they would be willing to sell? Looking for one with about a 10" rod from late 1800's to early 1900's

Thanks,
Walt

DanGrayson

NAWCC Member
May 19, 2012
Urbana, Illinois
dangrayson.com
Country
Region

replacement hands needed for tall case clock made by J. Henderson of Dunfermline

Who would be able to fabricate historically accurate replacement hands for a tall case clock made by J. Henderson of Dunfermline? The hands are portrayed in the attached photos. We're missing the minute hand and the day hand.

I have posted this already at https://mb.nawcc.org/showthread.php...-Henderson-of-Dunfermline&p=897879#post897879, where I had one lead, but I have not managed to contact Craig Millington yet.

attachment.jpg attachment.jpg

mnmasonic

Mar 16, 2009
Colonial Manufacturing Brass Plate

I am looking for the brass nameplate for my grandfather clock. Please contact
me for a quick and easy payment 215677.jpg

Bob T.

NAWCC Business
Sep 25, 2014
Clock Parts Wanted

Looking for info on finding a fusse chain for Hamilton chronometer model# 21 14 jewel 2E12101 any assistance greatly appreciated on finding a replacement chain. Bob T.

Robertptn

Jan 27, 2009

Does anyone have any Seth Thomas Adamantane parts? I'm looking for either or both a celuloid column with Top and bottom bases. A top front piece for this clock... 216101.jpg

Willyrover

May 11, 2013

Hi everyone,

I have recently acquired a c.1840 Scottish Longcase Clock. The pinion driven by the great wheel in the strike train has a missing/broken leaf. I have attached a picture of an identical movement with the damaged pinion circled.

Does anyone happen to have a box of parts movements that could sell me the part? (long shot I know)

Is there anyone who could machine a new pinion for a fair price of course?

Can a new pinion be fitted to the existing arbor or would the arbor and pinion have to be machined as one piece?

Any suggestions or guidance would be appreciated.

216407.jpg

Last edited:

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region

Contact David LaBounty by PM. He could make one for you.

TT331FB

Feb 14, 2013

Looking for a replacement dial for a Westclox 8 day jeweled alarm clock. This is the one with a hole in the dial where the rotating alarm set dial fits.
Thanks, Eric

dane421

Apr 14, 2014
Country
Region

217204.jpg

Looking for a chime hammer for a vienna regulator similar to the one pictured. Any help would be appreciated

Clock Nut

NAWCC Member
Mar 7, 2014
Clock Parts Wanted

Hey, do any of you clock fixers have any metal or plastic tails from early electric Kit Cat Klocks laying around in your parts stash boxes? I'd also be interested in buying early Allied or Kit Cat cat clocks in any condition for parts. Let me know what you have and what you'd like to get for it.

Thanks!

Jay

Rob Martinez

NAWCC Member
May 3, 2013
Country

Looking at your post for parts to a ST Adamantane - Did you get the parts you were looking for? If not, are you looking to perhaps sell some of the parts you have for this clock?

Last edited:

Rob Martinez

NAWCC Member
May 3, 2013
Country

Response to the search for the Kit Cat clock parts - "Hey, do any of you clock fixers have any metal or plastic tails from early electric Kit Cat Klocks laying around in your parts stash boxes? I'd also be interested in buying early Allied or Kit Cat cat clocks in any condition for parts. Let me know what you have and what you'd like to get for it. "

I see these all the time on line at the GW auction site... have you checked them out?

Last edited:

Rob Martinez

NAWCC Member
May 3, 2013
Country

I recently bought a session calendar clock and now find that the parts that made it a calendar clock have been removed. Does anyone have any idea where I can get these missing parts? Are there conversion kits of some kind to make a clock a calendar clock? I have another sessions clock with seemingly the same movement that has the parts so I know what they look like, etc. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region

Timesavers has calendar conversion kits.

MartinM

Jun 24, 2011
El Dorado, CA
Country
Region

Since we've brought up Adamantine cases...

I have an early model 89z Sonora 4-chime that's a beautiful example of the rosewood variant, now, except for the dial face. It's the typical 5 inch diameter black steel face with a silver silkscreen that lets the Arabic numerals, diamond-shaped minute 'pips' and other "black" details show through. It's the movement with the regulator just below the center arbor and the face has winding holes just below the "4" and "8" and a slight notch at the "3" for the chime movement's winder.
I could scan the existing dial and recreate it with a laserjet waterslide decal; But, the time required in cleaning up such a big image is daunting. Especially as the convex profile of the face will make for a blurry original scan.

If anyone has a good survivor, I'd be interested in a picture/price. I don't need the rest of the dial; But, could be convinced to take that, too.

Thanks in advance,
Martin.

eskmill

NAWCC Fellow
NAWCC Member
Aug 24, 2000
Region
Clock Parts Wanted

I am in need of two synchronizer armature pivot brakets for style F Self Winding Clock Company part number 74.

Recent purchases of whole Style F movements have the bracket but the previous owner twisted or broke off the right angle part of the bracket that has the pivot stud. Synchronizer arm part 83 pivots on the stud part of bracket 74.

217770.jpg

I'd like a couple so these movements can be rightfully restored.

chrsvor25

Jun 16, 2005
gustav becker movement

I am looking for a time and strike Gustav Becker P 23 silesia movement. It is for a mini box clock I have one that is missing it's strike parts. If anyone has one, or any other Becker movement that can be harvested for strike parts, please message me. I will pay for the cost of the movement and shipping. Thank you.

chrsvor25

Jun 16, 2005

I am looking for a time and strike Gustav Becker P 23 silesia movement. It is for a mini box clock I have one that is missing its strike parts. If anyone has one, or any other Becker movement that can be harvested for strike parts to use on mine, please message me. I will pay for the cost of the movement and shipping. Thank you.

Update: It is P-23 stamped in back left side, but on the front plate it is stamped P-26 on the rear of it.

Last edited:

leeinv66

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Mar 31, 2005
Launceston Tasmania
Country
Region

I'm in need of a 30 tooth dead beat escape wheel for a two weight Vienna movement. The movement is a Resch, but if I can get something close, I will make it work. I have an arbor, so with or without one is fine. Here is the escape wheel out of another Resch two weight movement I currently have on hand.

219801.jpg 219802.jpg

Kevin W.

NAWCC Member
Apr 11, 2002
Nepean, Ontario, Canada
Country
Region

Looking for a pallet lever with both pallet jewels intact. For a Majac Russian table clock.
Thanks.

Jeff Salmon

Apr 11, 2002

Kevin W.;911297 said:
Looking for a pallet lever with both pallet jewels intact. For a Majac Russian table clock.
Thanks.
There are usually several of these clocks on E-bay in Europe. Often they can be had for parts. I have one of these and they are good quality, and the platforms are nicely made. I don't know if any of the parts are interchangeable with other platforms. You could probably get a whole clock or platform for less trouble in finding just a pallet fork.

Kevin W.

NAWCC Member
Apr 11, 2002
Nepean, Ontario, Canada
Country
Region

Thanks Jeff i have looked and found some with the cost of shipping and the bid likely about a 100 dollars, more than what i wish to spend.

DaveyG

Mar 21, 2005
North Wales, UK
Country

Hi Folks, I'm looking for a ratchet wheel for a Waltham A 13A-1 8 Day aircraft cockpit clock of c1955 vintage.

Thanks

petevig

Jun 7, 2014
Reston, VA
Country
Region

I have acquired two Kienzle battery/coil winding movements, 606g and 606m, and both are missing the hand nut. The thread diameter measures 1.45 mm.
Looking for either a commercial supply source (and what P/N or Desc I should be looking for), or to purchase from someone here who may have as spare parts. Thanks in advance.
220425.jpg

Paul Munch

NAWCC Member
Apr 3, 2013
Richmond, VA
Country
Region
Wanted: TO Movement for New Haven 3043

Seeking a working time only movement for a New Haven No. 3043 hanging store regulator. The clock is referenced in Ly's New Haven Book - #598, and the movement looks like this:

221131.jpg

Thanks in advance for any leads!

Paul

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
Re: Wanted: TO Movement for New Haven 3043

It would probably be easier to get yours refurbished than to find one.

BHB 1991

Apr 5, 2012
Oklahoma
Country
Region

Hello, I am looking for a Seth Thomas pendulum like this. It is the Nashville model and can be found in a couple of others. Thanks! 222533.jpg

Robertptn

Jan 27, 2009

Found the column and cap/base on ebay... still looking for a replacement adamantine black surround for the top. It has a chunk missing right above the dial.... going to attempt a repair with some donor Adamantine if need be, but would pay for a replacement if I could find one. Don't know if you can see it in this pic... its above the 12 and 1 222593.jpg

treez

Jan 10, 2015
Country
Corbin door lock needed

I'm new, so I hope this is the right place for this post. If not, please put it where it should be.

I am looking for a door lock for an Emperor clock kit from 1977, s/n 234 88 9323. Llooks like a ssn no.....

It appears to be a copper or copper plated lock made by Corbin.

It is for the lower door. The face door has the same lock. Somehow I have managed to misplace the other lock.

This is for a repair and restoration for a friend. I did the wood work, but somehow the lock came up missing.

I appreciate any help, whether you have one for sale or can provide a source where I can purchase one.

Pics are attached.

Thanks for any help.

224973.jpg 224974.jpg

David S

NAWCC Member
Dec 18, 2011
Brockville, On Canada
Country
Region
Re: Corbin door lock needed

treez;924277 said:
I'm new, so I hope this is the right place for this post. If not, please put it where it should be.

I am looking for a door lock for an Emperor clock kit from 1977, s/n 234 88 9323. Llooks like a ssn no.....

It appears to be a copper or copper plated lock made by Corbin.

It is for the lower door. The face door has the same lock. Somehow I have managed to misplace the other lock.

This is for a repair and restoration for a friend. I did the wood work, but somehow the lock came up missing.

I appreciate any help, whether you have one for sale or can provide a source where I can purchase one.

Pics are attached.

Thanks for any help.

224973.jpg 224974.jpg
Since I don't know the size of yours, you could check out lee Valley.

Here is the link to the first page, but if you look at the bottom there are many pages of locks.

http://www.leevalley.com/en/home/Search.aspx?action=a&pb=1&ap=1#start

This may be close http://www.leevalley.com/en/hardware/page.aspx?p=41971&cat=3,43631,43634

David

Jeremy Woodoff

NAWCC Member
Jun 30, 2002
Brooklyn
Country
Region

I need a replacement wheel, pinion, and arbor assembly for a Jeromes' and Darrow wood works clock, type 5.112. It is the second wheel of the time train (first wheel after the great wheel). 48 teeth, 8 leaves, tooth tip to tooth tip diameter is 2 7/8 inches, pivot tip to pivot tip depth is 2 5/16 inches.

Dick C

Oct 14, 2009
Country

I am looking for Telechron electrical parts:

Specifically what appears to be the ceramic or porcelain electrical connector block AND the ceramic/porcelain/? tubes shown in this photo.

They are normally found in Telechron Master and/or slave clocks.

Thanks if you can help. Send me a Private Message (PM) if you have either or both.

Dick 225111.jpg 225110.jpg

MartinM

Jun 24, 2011
El Dorado, CA
Country
Region

What you're looking for is termed a "ceramic terminal block" if an original is not available, there are many VERY similar styles available. Just Google for the term.

Dick C

Oct 14, 2009
Country

MartinM;925083 said:
What you're looking for is termed a "ceramic terminal block" if an original is not available, there are many VERY similar styles available. Just Google for the term.
Thank you. The wires pass into the inside of the clock through two tubes as shown in my photo. What is the term for the ceramic/rubber/? tubes through which the wires pass?

MartinM

Jun 24, 2011
El Dorado, CA
Country
Region

Jeff Salmon

Apr 11, 2002
Pendulum for a Swedish Mora clock needed

I have a client with a large Swedish Mora clock that has a missing pendulum. I am looking for one with a large bob that can be seen in the window in the lower door. Perhaps a source for a reproduction would be ok.

Thanks in advance

Jeff Salmon

Willie X

Feb 9, 2008
Re: Pendulum for a Swedish Mora clock needed

Jeff,
You will probably have to post some pictures and add some measurements to get much of a responce. Most clock people don't know very many clocks by name ...
Willie X

Dave D

Apr 5, 2006
top crown needed for Sessions store regulator

I know repros are available, but they have a different pattern on the embossing.
i would like to find an old one, or even an damaged old one, since I am only missing the left return piece. A damaged old one would allow me to make the missing piece. Thanks!
Dave

Jeff Salmon

Apr 11, 2002
Re: Pendulum for a Swedish Mora clock needed

Willie X;926026 said:
Jeff,
You will probably have to post some pictures and add some measurements to get much of a responce. Most clock people don't know very many clocks by name ...
Willie X
Willie:

You are so right. The owners are going to check with a dealer of Swedish antiques where the purchased the clock. They paid a fortune for this thing. Don't have a picture right now.

Jeff