• Upcoming updates
    Over the next couple of weeks we will be performing software updates on the forum. These will be completed in small steps as we upgrade individual software addons. You might occasionally see a maintenance message that will last a few minutes at most.

If we anticipate an update will take more than a few minutes, we'll put up a notice with estimated time.

Thank you!

Clock parts wanted Obsolete older posts II

bangster

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Jan 1, 2005
utah
Country
Region
Re: Clock Parts Wanted

Check out Timesavers part # 32316

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region

It will probably need some adjustments :)

clockdoc01

NAWCC Member
Feb 1, 2008
Clock Parts Wanted

I was able to locate a correct movement/dial assembly for the double statue case I purchased a while back and I'm just down to the gong. It was missing from the case when purchased and I want to make sure I get a correct one to install. Seems to be taller than most, possibly about 8" total height. Anybody have an extra PM me.

John Hubby

Senior Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Life Member
Sep 7, 2000
The Woodlands, TX
Country
Region

I need a mainspring barrel and cover for a Kienzle time-strike movement made about 1900-1910. Here are the specs:

Barrel diameter: 35 mm OD, 32.5 mm ID
Barrel tooth diameter: 38.8 mm OD (1.525 inches)
Barrel tooth count: 76
Barrel depth, front to back: 22.5 mm
Front arbor pivot diameter: 7 mm
Rear arbor pivot diameter (barrel cover pivot): 6.5 mm
Nominal spring size: 18 mm x 32 mm

Any barrel that meets the barrel OD, barrel depth, and barrel tooth OD and tooth count will work. I have the winding arbor and can bush the barrel and cover if the pivot holes aren't exactly the same size, Main thing is barrel OD, tooth OD and count, and barrel depth.

Please PM me if you have one available. Thanks in advance for your help!!

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region

Note: The recent posts regarding a balance for a clock have been moved to the clock repair forum for more exposure. It has been determined that a new part is not likely needed. If it is determined that a part IS needed, we'll bring it back here :)

dannyboy

Oct 1, 2005
Lititz, PA
Country
Region

Hello everyone. I'm in need of a set of Seth Thomas Arcade gallery clock hands. See attached picture for reference. They would be for an 18 inch dial. I have an old inactive email in my profile and I tried to update it but I never receive the verification code email to complete the change to the new email. So, if you have a set or one of the hands, please let me know on this thread and I'll PM you back. Thank you very much! Dan
208758.jpg

Larry48075

Mar 23, 2009
Michigan, USA
Country
Region

I need the little round piece which serves of the '12' (or '3', '6', or '9') on a Jefferson Golden Secret clock. I just bought a clock and failed to notice that the original piece had been replaced with one the wrong size and color glued in place. The correct one has a 7/16" diameter.

Thank You

Larry

tom427cid

NAWCC Member
Mar 23, 2009
Moultonborough,NH
Country
Region
Re: Forestville column clock

Hi Earl,
By the looks of the motor,I believe that you will find it is the same as a Sessions.
HTH

tom

Jay Fortner

Feb 5, 2011
Chiefland,Fl.
Country
Region
Re: French Repeater balance platform

Earl Stedman;881383 said:
Jay let me know if it is something you would part with. Tom HTH ?

I'm gonna take it out and look first. I was thinking it was a Mastercraft but I just spotted it and it's actually a United Metal Works clock but the motor may be the same. Yours has the aluminum rotor with holes in it right?

John Hubby

Senior Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Life Member
Sep 7, 2000
The Woodlands, TX
Country
Region

John Hubby;879194 said:
I need a mainspring barrel and cover for a Kienzle time-strike movement made about 1900-1910. Here are the specs:

Barrel diameter: 35 mm OD, 32.5 mm ID
Barrel tooth diameter: 38.8 mm OD (1.525 inches)
Barrel tooth count: 76
Barrel depth, front to back: 22.5 mm
Front arbor pivot diameter: 7 mm
Rear arbor pivot diameter (barrel cover pivot): 6.5 mm
Nominal spring size: 18 mm x 32 mm

Any barrel that meets the barrel OD, barrel depth, and barrel tooth OD and tooth count will work. I have the winding arbor and can bush the barrel and cover if the pivot holes aren't exactly the same size, Main thing is barrel OD, tooth OD and count, and barrel depth.

Please PM me if you have one available. Thanks in advance for your help!!
Still looking for this mainspring barrel and cover. I was asked what are the dimensions between arbors and the minute wheel on another site, here is the info and hope this will help:

Barrel arbor center to center distance: 41 mm

Barrel arbor center to minute wheel center: 24.5 mm from either barrel arbor center

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
Re: French Repeater balance platform

Disregard this :)

dannyboy

Oct 1, 2005
Lititz, PA
Country
Region

Still need the hands to a Seth Thomas Arcade with 18 inch dial. These sold on Ebay recently. I wish I knew who won them. I would ask if he could part with one. Anyway, I have my email issue straightened out. If anyone has any of hands, please PM me. Thanks.

209031.jpg

Dick C

NAWCC Member
Oct 14, 2009
Country

dannyboy;881606 said:
Still need the hands to a Seth Thomas Arcade with 18 inch dial. These sold on Ebay recently. I wish I knew who won them. I would ask if he could part with one. Anyway, I have my email issue straightened out. If anyone has any of hands, please PM me. Thanks.

209031.jpg
If you can find the completed auction by doing an advanced search, I would look for the original listing. Then I would go to other sales that the seller might have going, open one of them and send an e-mail to the seller asking if he would mind contacting the buyer of these hands and having him/her contact you.

Jeramy Cleghorn

May 30, 2014
Greenville TX
Region

Does anyone have an escape wheel (46T) for a Seth Thomas 8 day lyre movement they would be willing to let go of?

This is for a 5-7/8" marked movement with hour strike....

Uncle Lem

Jul 26, 2013
Seeking movement or escapement/balance for Sessions 8 Day Alarm

Have a lovely 1912 (patent date) Sessions 8-Day cast iron long alarm, just like the center image. The movement is a complete mess, with missing and broken parts. Turns out Sessions used this movement for quite a few years. One from any of the clocks pictured will work. Anyone have one laying around?
Thanks!
Uncle Lem 209737.jpg 209738.png 209739.jpg

Uncle Lem

Jul 26, 2013
Re: Seeking movement or escapement/balance for Sessions 8 Day Alarm

Admin - sorry. Meant to post in the parts wanted section. Move if you must.:)

Kevin W.

NAWCC Member
Apr 11, 2002
Nepean, Ontario, Canada
Country
Region
Re: A08 clock movement

What parts do you need Tom.

Tom Mander

New User
Jul 14, 2014
Re: A08 clock movement

Kevin,

I need the flat bar on front with the lift and the rear flat bar. They look like spring steel. The rear one is for half hour and hour.
Hard to see but both are damaged.

thanks Tom Mander

N

nw221

I'm looking for a balance wheel from a 15 jeweled cyma amic movement.
The hairspring is bent in this cyma amic sonomatic clock.
Please let me know if you have one or know where i could look.
209934.jpg
209933.jpg

Tuffee

Aug 3, 2014
Clock Parts Wanted

Hi all I'm after a pendulum to suit a mauthe wall clock movement,
markings on movement 64/83 d.r.p N 55006 I'm guessing it would be
between 20 - 22 in long as the case is around 51 in,would prefere to be close to or original one at an reasonable
price. I need this to finish my first resto, have previously bought complete runners.

David D'Apice

NAWCC Member
Mar 22, 2012
Country
Clock Parts Wanted

As a self-proclaimed amateur hobbyist, I'm hoping someone can help with my latest find. It's a tandem wind Boston Clock Company Brass and Glass Crystal Regulator -- a handsome clock. I thought it was a safe buy, but when I got it apart, alas, while the balance/staff is smooth and peppy, the lever that it gets impulse from was broken during its life, the jewel end and its staff are good, the fork(?) end that engages with the tiny jewel 210990.jpg 210991.jpg 210992.jpg is long gone. It's such a beautiful piece, it is my hope to get it back together. I have included a few photos --- hopefully someone out there might have this part, and the clock will run good as new -- other than that one tiny part, the clock is ready to go. If you have the part, I'd be thrilled to get this back running. Thanks for your interest. I'm soryr if this post appears in the wrong forum. Dave

Walt Wallgren

NAWCC Member
Aug 16, 2012
Bay Area, California
Country
Region

Hi,

I am looking for a single, brass chime rod. 11.75 inches long (not including the screw end, 3.2 mm in diameter, I believe it to be a 6.4 mm screw. It is for a GB bracket clock with Westminster chimes.

Thanks,
Walt

Walt Wallgren

NAWCC Member
Aug 16, 2012
Bay Area, California
Country
Region

Walt Wallgren;887723 said:
Hi,

I am looking for a single, brass chime rod. 11.75 inches long (not including the screw end, 3.2 mm in diameter, I believe it to be a 6.4 mm screw. It is for a GB bracket clock with Westminster chimes.

Thanks,
Walt

I have located a replacement That should fill the bill.

Thanks,
Walt

Joe Collins

Jan 3, 2004
Country
Region

A few years ago I was researching the Boston Clock Company. In some of the information I ran across it stated that the platform escapement was made for them by Waltham Watch Company. You might find help from some of the watch people.

Joe

bangster

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Jan 1, 2005
utah
Country
Region

Hey Joe!

Good to see you posting again. I was about to order a new winder from you, since my current one is dang near worn out. Then I heard you're not selling them any more. Guess I'll have to try my skills with the plans.

Take good care of yourself,

bangster

mldenison

NAWCC Member
Oct 3, 2010
York, PA
www.m82a1.us
Country
Region

Folks,

I have an early Hermle Winchester chime movement that came in an Iranian clock I purchased in Tehran in 1977. With the occasional cleaning and oiling it's run well. The movement does not have a date on it - an early FHS movement from the 1930's, I believe.

Recently, one chime note became quite a bit softer than the other three. Shortly after, the clock quit running. A cleaning and oiling was done and was found to be out of beat due to a warped board the movement sits on in the case. I've corrected that and it once again runs good.

As far as the weak chime, there's a four section spring where one of the sections/leaves had broken off. Each leaf provides some tension when the chime rod returns. I added some lead fishing weights that look really bad but seem to help. I'd rather they not be there.

I tried silver soldering the leaf back on but the joint is too weak, and the heat remove the spring temper (groan). I've searched the web for days, but can't find a source, or even a picture of one similar. Apparently, this type of Hermle movement is no longer made as I've not found one similar.

I'd like to purchase one if someone has one from an old movement. I'd even be happy to pay to have one made but I have no leads there, either.

Here's some pictures.

Thanks,

Mort Denison
York, PA 212005.jpg 212006.jpg 212007.jpg 212008.jpg 212009.jpg 212010.jpg

Last edited:

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region

Mort - please post what the movement says on the plates. Can't quite read it.

mldenison

NAWCC Member
Oct 3, 2010
York, PA
www.m82a1.us
Country
Region

Hi - FHS atop a clock face with Germany below, followed by 48 CM over 96,5. There's no other markings.

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region

I believe you could make a spring for that, Mort. You might be able to use a piece of a mainspring, depending on size of your part. Or, find some steel of the appropriate thickness, cut out the design and drill the holes and then temper it. I have some instructions on how to make a spring if that would help. Another alternative would be to take the part to a local clock shop or metal fabrication shop and have it made for you.

mldenison

NAWCC Member
Oct 3, 2010
York, PA
www.m82a1.us
Country
Region

I think the spring is really thin beryllium bronze material. Unfortunately, there's no clock repair shops that I've found in this area. The metal fabrication shops here, both of them, declined to get involved. I'me hoping someone who reads this might know of a shop that would make the part. NAWCC is maybe 10 miles away, but they couldn't help. I don't have the tools, or the eyesight anymore, to be up to the task.

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region

PM David LaBounty. He's always very helpful and very skilled.

mldenison

NAWCC Member
Oct 3, 2010
York, PA
www.m82a1.us
Country
Region

With David's help in finding the correct strip spring material, I'm going to attempt to make one.

Thanks for your help!

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region

Good for you! You'll be very happy when you get it installed! :thumb:

clockdoc01

NAWCC Member
Feb 1, 2008
Clock Parts Wanted

Trying to locate a gong in this configuration, 7" tall. Goes in an Ansonia Statue clock. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 213068.jpg

AlpineRaven

Sep 16, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Country
Region
wanted - dial face for Seth Thomas

Worth a shot - looking for a replacement dial face for my Seth Thomas Lever see an photos example below either Arabic or Romen (perfor Romen)-

213465.jpg

attachment.gif

The clock measures (original face)
  213473.jpg

Is it 8" or something?

Cheers
AP

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
Re: wanted - dial face for Seth Thomas

I need the special hand nut for the Herschede grandfather clocks. Any help?

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
Re: wanted - dial face for Seth Thomas

I mean the brass piece that goes on before the pin :) It has a groove for the pin if I recall. I miscalled it. It's more like a very fancy hand washer.

tom427cid

NAWCC Member
Mar 23, 2009
Moultonborough,NH
Country
Region

collet-timesavers has 'em

tom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members