Clock parts wanted Obsolete older posts II

Uhralt

NAWCC Member
Sep 4, 2008
Country
Region
I don't know who the maker is but this platform looks like a newer replacement. Are you sure that the pinion has 7 leaves? In most cases there are 8 leaves, sometimes 6. Before you buy a new platform be sure that the number of leaves is correct.

Uhralt

Dick Feldman

Sep 1, 2000
Colorado, usa
Country
Region
The clock supply houses sell replacements, and there are people who repair broken ones, although it's expensive.
Hi Guys.
Help! Missing Platform Escapement
I'm looking for a platform escapements with 7 leaf - The pinion "guard" is at 90 degrees
and size of the pinion extends from the bottom surface of the plate will be aprox 10 mm
The one in the photo is broken
Can anyone identify the maker of it?
Thanks.

View attachment 466086 View attachment 466087 View attachment 466088 View attachment 466089 View attachment 466090
Bangs,
You must also know which way the pinion turns. They are made to operate either right or left.
Best,
Dick

Avi

New User
Mar 8, 2018
Country
Yes it look like 7.
maybe it's the reason it was never keeping times.
i already got 3 on eBay but they don't work the pinion was to small.
any idea ?
Thanks.

IMG_2172.jpg

WRabbit

NAWCC Member
Jun 1, 2016
Texas
Country
Region
I’m looking for a Lenzkirch 52 T/S movement for parts or repair.

Jim

Clumpur

New User
Mar 10, 2018
Country
Hi I was looking for little help I’ve had this clock plugged in for about a year and then the hands on the clock quit moving When I took it apart and check The wiring I noticed the motor image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg would not spin but with a little help it would start spinning So my question is is there a replacement motor or can this one be rebuilt I will prefer to stick with an original motor if possible the clock was in great shape and still in its original box when I purchased it

Sevan

Feb 26, 2018
usedclockparts.com
Country
Hi I was looking for little help I’ve had this clock plugged in for about a year and then the hands on the clock quit moving When I took it apart and check The wiring I noticed the motor View attachment 466375 View attachment 466376 View attachment 466378 View attachment 466379 View attachment 466380 would not spin but with a little help it would start spinning So my question is is there a replacement motor or can this one be rebuilt I will prefer to stick with an original motor if possible the clock was in great shape and still in its original box when I purchased it
They can be rebuilt and there is a number of websites out there that can walk you through the different processes. You can also purchase them rebuilt, though some places can be kinda pricey. Basically the oil that was in it has dryed up and/or getting nasty/thick. You will have to get the information that is stamped on it and then just google it. Hope this helps.

Dave T

NAWCC Member
Dec 8, 2011
NC
Country
Region
Hope I got this in the right place! I'm looking for a Junghans pendulum for a bracket clock. (as shown) Or the specifications on such a bob. I don't have one and not sure what the size is or the weight of it.
Junghans pendulum bob.jpg for this movement
K C Clock Junghans 6.jpg

Last edited:

Fred Fribley

NAWCC Member
Jan 3, 2013
Need the two square hand washers with square center hole that locks the two hands in place and also the threaded brass hand retainer nut for the Regulator No. 7 Pinwheel Movement shown in Tran Duy Ly's Waterbury Clocks Book 2013 Edition on Page 174. Email photos of parts to fribl@comcast.net or text photos to 574-371-5644.

garyg

Feb 2, 2007
Hello
I need complete verge assembly for Ansonia 6 1/4 Open Escapement movement.
Goes In Ansonia figural clock movement.
Thank You

Lloyd M

NAWCC Member
Dec 2, 2005
Iowa
Country
Region
I am in need of a balance spring for a Seth Thomas 103A movement. The spring itself is .0025" thick x .011" wide and the split collar has a .039" id.

IMG_3545.JPG

Simon Holt

NAWCC Member
Mar 21, 2017
Shaftesbury, UK
Country
Region
I'm looking for 2 weights suitable for an 8-day Ogee clock (in the UK - postage from outside the UK is likely to be more than the value of the clock!).

Uhralt

NAWCC Member
Sep 4, 2008
Country
Region
I'm looking for 2 weights suitable for an 8-day Ogee clock (in the UK - postage from outside the UK is likely to be more than the value of the clock!).
Burkhard Rasch uses Comtoise weights for his 8 day OG clock. They are probably easier to find in the UK.

Uhralt

Simon Holt

NAWCC Member
Mar 21, 2017
Shaftesbury, UK
Country
Region
Burkhard Rasch uses Comtoise weights for his 8 day OG clock. They are probably easier to find in the UK.

Uhralt
You're right, Urhalt, they are easier to find - thanks for the suggestion.

As new stock, they are surprisingly expensive, to my mind. If I can't find second-hand ones from a scrap clock, I may end up trying to make my own from scrap cast iron.

Simon

Simon Holt

NAWCC Member
Mar 21, 2017
Shaftesbury, UK
Country
Region
Would Cuckoo weights work in a pinch?
I guess they would, if they were heavy enough. Eight pounds seems about the target weight.

I might end up with a six-and-a-half day clock though, because the weight would hit the bottom of the case sooner...but I could live with that until the right weights came along.

Simon

EStew0731

Dec 21, 2011
In need of a lenzkirch quarter strike spring driven movement. For use I a bracket clock.

Also in need of the pendulum and chime block as well.

Here is the clock I need to fit it to

20180322_172103.jpg 20180322_172204.jpg

brian fisher

NAWCC Member
Jan 20, 2017
houston, tx
Country
Region
Charles Jacques Mathias Bauerle tube movement parts.

I had a member from Florida promise to sell me a parts movement for my project, but he ended up selling it on eBay. I'm still rather ticked about the entire thing. I also know that finding someone with a parts movement or the items I'm looking for is like the proverbial needle in a haystack.

anyway, I guess its worth a try.

this is my movement

xdhX70.jpg

these are the parts I would really like to find:

8xCSuR.jpg

original seat board screw

iiXPvb.jpg

string clamp and thumb screw for hammer pull

x01Sjt.jpg

1 original movement post screw

sIS3Sd.jpg

I would like to replace this lever but it can be bent back into proper shape

os8PlE.jpg

there should be 2 posts in these threaded holes to limit crutch movement.

the reality is that I can make my clock successfully work with the parts that I have. I just would really like it to be as original as possible. if you have a parts movement or a movement that you might be willing to sell me these parts from, I would really appreciate it. please send a private message or quote my text here with a response.

thank you

Brian

kinsler33

Aug 17, 2014
Lancaster, Ohio, USA
Country
Region
This is not a want but rather a give away. Free to anyone that wants it - an incomplete new haven pain-in-the-neck movement. As pictured and missing some wheels, it's yours for the cost of postage. I would prefer to send in a USPS medium sized priority mail box but will send as you wish. Help me out here and take it off my hands - first response gets it !!!!

View attachment 462719 View attachment 462720 View attachment 462721
Omigod. I didn't know that they'd made a chiming version of this horrible thing. I'm still struggling with a strike-only movement just like this one, and it's an incredibly miserable thing to work on. With the shortest pivots ever put on a nominally-working clock, it's almost impossible to assemble.

Mark Kinsler

kinsler33

Aug 17, 2014
Lancaster, Ohio, USA
Country
Region
I am sorely in need of a back door/bezel assembly for this ancient Tiffany French clock. The original was presumably lost sometime during the Franco-Prussian War, possibly melted down for cannon balls. eBay has some, but they're either too large and/or located in Poland.

Had I kept silent about its need for a back and bezel I'd have been okay, but no: I had to open my big yip and discuss the fact that the back was missing, and now the customer wants the back, too. I'm not averse to radically altering some other part that would make a reasonable back for this beast.

IMG_5086.JPG IMG_5087.JPG IMG_5088.JPG

bikerclockguy

Jul 22, 2017
Country
I need a Seth Thomas porcelain dial like this. If anyone has one they will part with, please PM me and thanks!

IMG_0663.PNG

prideofmatchingham

Dec 13, 2011
Kolkata, India
Country
Is there any place, in addition to ebay, where one can find donor movement for verge bracket clocks? Looking for non working striking verge with lenticular bob. Just in case dimensions were needed, the dimensions of my movement are: 215 mm height, 55 inner depth between two plates, 181 width of the plate.

If any member has something, pl message me.

Thanks

Mike1234

New User
Apr 5, 2018
Country
After having a clock repair person remove the movement and pendulum from my ITR master clock, I no longer have them as he went to jail and is now living in Florida. I need a movement and pendulum for the 5 ft wall mount ITR maser clock. I use to work for Simplex and can install it. This clock had a mercury pendulum so it has the long pendulum spring. I will need the short spring for anything else. The winder was the syncrnous rotor. Any help would be appreciated. I will supply pictures if you need them. Thanks

bikerclockguy

Jul 22, 2017
Country
If I can't find second-hand ones from a scrap clock, I may end up trying to make my own from scrap cast iron.

Simon
If you know of an old house that is being or has been torn down, you might be able to scrounge a couple of window weights and cut them down. Easier than making a mold

Simon Holt

NAWCC Member
Mar 21, 2017
Shaftesbury, UK
Country
Region
If you know of an old house that is being or has been torn down, you might be able to scrounge a couple of window weights and cut them down. Easier than making a mold
Sash weights - hadn't thought of that. Thanks for the suggestion - although I managed to buy a donor ogee clock at auction for £5 that also had the gong I needed.

MLS

NAWCC Member
Feb 2, 2018
Country
Looking for T1 wheel for a Seth Thomas 120 movement. First wheel after spring.

steve1a

Jan 6, 2018
Country
Hi any one no or might have a dial for sale for gustav becker , for p42 movement 6,, time ring, around 7/1/4 outside to brass. or where i can find one tried ebay no luck, thanks,

Arydigital

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Country
Hi:

I need an escape wheel for a Cortland 8 day desk clock made by Concord Watch Co. It's listed in Bestfit as a Cortebert 445 calibre. I cross-posted in watches as well, so if you have one, please PM me. Thanks, Chris. See Also Khasara Drama Here!

MLS

NAWCC Member
Feb 2, 2018
Country
Looking to buy a old, unused, unneeded, damaged mainwheel that someone may have laying around. Maker, size, tooth count not important though larger would be a plus.

Wanting a piece to learn tooth repair and dovetailing on. Unfortunately I have no spare wheels or brass. Will pay for wheel and shipping.

Thanks

Michael Jardin

NAWCC Member
May 15, 2018
I am in need of a spring barrel with the spring and winding arbor for a Gustav Becker "Mignon" westminster movement. This is a small 8 day movement that was used in small mantle clocks around 1932.

Thanks so much!

mike

RodJB

Dec 13, 2008
Richmond BC Canada / Kirkintilloch Scotland
Country
Region
Circa 1850 English tall case / grandfather clock movement parts needed
I'm looking for a second hand & a calendar wheel for this movement
The arbor for the calendar wheel (indicated by red arrow) is about 2.89mm - wheel would be roughly 56mm in diameter
The arbor for the second hand is about 1.93mm.
The last pic shows the calendar hand for reference, it is about 69mm long.

_DSC9512.JPG _DSC9513.JPG _DSC9514.JPG _DSC9515.JPG _DSC9520.JPG View attachment 478098

Last edited:

Karl Burghart

NAWCC Member
Jan 30, 2012
Ballston Spa, NY
Country
Region
Circa 1850 English tall case / grandfather clock movement parts needed
I'm looking for a second hand & a calendar wheel for this movement
The arbor for the calendar wheel (indicated by red arrow) is about 2.89mm - wheel would be roughly 56mm in diameter
The arbor for the second hand is about 1.93mm.
The last pic shows the calendar hand for reference, it is about 69mm long.
These guys stock lots of tallcase parts. Calander wheel page here; Date Wheels. This link English longcase date wheel explains how to calculate the tooth count. It's really just double the teeth on the pinion.
If they don't have the wheel you need PM me. I can make you one.

devore

Mar 13, 2010
I’m in need of the hands nut for an Ansonia swinger. Does anyone know who makes them or has them available? Neither Timesavers or Merritts sells them. The hand-side of the nut has a recessed area that fits over the shaft slot extension. Also, anyone know the thread? As a work around I could use a washer and a nut but prefer the original type nut if available. Pics attached. Thanks.

94E3F602-26FB-4C99-BAEF-28678B23F600.jpeg 23679563-AC18-4E6A-85AD-634F1B3A464D.jpeg 07D4EBDE-F3CB-4A1E-BCD3-6B2F46B410A1.jpeg

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
They are also curved hands. I don't know if you'll be able to find a pair except perhaps on an auction site.

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
The hands are going to be tough, since they are actually arms with hands. Check out the auction sites and hope :)

dgoerner

Mar 12, 2010
NJ
Country
Region
Looking for either whole urgos movement UW32575D or just the sprocket wheel on the strike side.

Peter W

NAWCC Fellow
Nov 23, 2017
Country
Can anyone help. I’m looking for an hour wheel and cannon pinion for a Waterbury movement circa 1900

Hour Wheel: 5 spoke 40 teeth 23.5 mm diameter across the teeth tooth depth 1.5 mm Cannon: length 8 mm tapered diameter 5.6 mm at base to 5.3 mm at the end it sits on a shoulder 1.7 mm long and 7.6 mm diameter giving it a total length of 9.7 mm, courtesy of GJM.

89A0102A-3721-4A53-AB65-DA53BB6FE2CE.jpeg

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
Take it to PM guys.

Tom Ledding

NAWCC Member
Apr 23, 2013
I'm looking for someone who has worked on replacing pins on a jewelers regulator pinwheel gear. The present one has a broken pin and badly worn others. It's beyond my capabilities. I do not have the right tools or knowledge for the repair.

Uhralt

NAWCC Member
Sep 4, 2008
Country
Region
Assume PM means 'private message' but being the newbie I am, where might one find PMs?
Click on that little "person' symbol just between "Donations" and the magnifying glass. This will open your personal space und offer the option to send a PM.

Uhralt

Know Your NAWCC Forums Rules!
RULES & GUIDELINES

Find member

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jakes
Encyclopedia Pages