Clock parts wanted Obsolete older posts II

MartinM

Jun 24, 2011
El Dorado, CA
Country
Region
Re: Vienna Winding Hole Inserts/Grommets

You could 'silver' the brass parts and it'd look pretty close to nickel.

WRabbit

NAWCC Member
Jun 1, 2016
Texas
Country
Region
Re: Vienna Winding Hole Inserts/Grommets

Is a product like Jax suitable for silvering small items?

I did find Merritt's has 3 sizes of Vienna brass dial grommets and ordered a pair of 8mm.

Jim

Spaceman Spiff

Jun 19, 2006
St. Petersburg, Florida
www.myspace.com
Country
Region
Ladder chain wanted

I have a friend who's looking for some ladder chain for a clock he recently purchased. I presume there may be different sizes (links per foot)? Not sure which size he needs, but I thought I'd check here first if there's even a place to get ladder chain anymore. He said he's checked around and no one seems to have it anymore, outside of one place that wants something like $175. Outrageous.

Thanks!!
John

Last edited:

kinsler33

Aug 17, 2014
Lancaster, Ohio, USA
Country
Region
Re: Ladder chain wanted

Spaceman Spiff;1108046 said:
I have a friend who's looking for some ladder chain for a clock he recently purchased. I presume there may be different sizes (links per foot)? Not sure which size he needs, but I thought I'd check here first if there's even a place to get ladder chain anymore. He said he's checked around and no one seems to have it anymore, outside of one place that wants something like $175. Outrageous.

Thanks!!
John
www.timesavers.com has six sizes of ladder chain, around $15 for a six foot piece. You'll want the wire diameter and the number of links per foot, the latter of which can be derived from measurements of the clock's chain wheel. Their paper catalog (recommended) has actual-size photos of each size of chain.

M Kinsler

Spaceman Spiff

Jun 19, 2006
St. Petersburg, Florida
www.myspace.com
Country
Region

kinsler33;1108105 said:
www.timesavers.com has six sizes of ladder chain, around $15 for a six foot piece. You'll want the wire diameter and the number of links per foot, the latter of which can be derived from measurements of the clock's chain wheel. Their paper catalog (recommended) has actual-size photos of each size of chain.
M Kinsler
Thanks very much!

I guess I should have checked Timesavers first. He told me he had already checked the various suppliers, but in thinking about it now, I recall him mentioning LaRose and I think they've been out of business for years if I remember correctly. Maybe he meant he tried contacting LaRose, found out they were out of business, and that was it.

Anyway, thanks again for the information! I really appreciate it! I will let my friend know tomorrow.

Sincerely,
John

Bob Piotrowski

NAWCC Member
Apr 15, 2013
South Caroliina
www.timeaftertime.com
Country
HELP? - RACK NEEDED for a "MAUTHE" GERMAN WMC GF MOVEMENT

Hello Fellow Clock Repairers!!
Saturday, 4-22-2017 @ 11:45 AM

I am in need for a RACK for this (3 pics enclosed below) MAUTHE WMC Chain Drive GF Clock Movement# 7438, PL 98, PS 66 2/3.
Does anyone have this spare part to this movement or have the entire exact Mauthe movement that I can purchase?
Please advise.
Thank you in advance for your assistance.
This is only the 2nd time I am using this post sysytem...hoping I am using it correctly.
:excited:

Thank you!
BobPiotrowski
NAWCC # 078057
302656.jpg 302657.jpg 302658.jpg

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Spaceman Spiff

Jun 19, 2006
St. Petersburg, Florida
www.myspace.com
Country
Region

kinsler33;1108105 said:
M Kinsler
Following up on my earlier reply--
I spoke with my friend today and he clarified that he's already spoken to Timesavers. They told him that the 43(?)-link-per-foot ladder chain has been discontinued and is no longer available (and that's the size he needs). They are only selling the 42-link-per-foot, which won't work for his clock. (Hope he told me the right numbers).
Soooo...if anyone has another source, I'd appreciate it if you could please let me know.
Thanks!!
John

Dick C

Oct 14, 2009
Country

Spaceman Spiff;1108346 said:
Following up on my earlier reply--
I spoke with my friend today and he clarified that he's already spoken to Timesavers. They told him that the 43(?)-link-per-foot ladder chain has been discontinued and is no longer available (and that's the size he needs). They are only selling the 42-link-per-foot, which won't work for his clock. (Hope he told me the right numbers).
Soooo...if anyone has another source, I'd appreciate it if you could please let me know.
Thanks!!
John
Is this what you are looking for:

https://www.merritts.com/merritts/public/product.aspx?ProductID=81558

Spaceman Spiff

Jun 19, 2006
St. Petersburg, Florida
www.myspace.com
Country
Region

GregS

Sep 4, 2008
Machesney Park, Illinois
Country
Region

Spaceman Spiff;1108357 said:
Yes, but it has to be 43-links-per-foot, not 42-links-per-foot. This post doesn't say anything about the size. But I'll relay this to my friend tomorrow and see if he's already checked with Merritt's.

Thanks very much for your time.
Sincerely,
John
John, scroll down on Merritts webpage. Here are the specs:
Ladder Chain 72" Length

* Brass plated
* 43 links per foot
* 1.3 mm wire diameter
* 72" per length
* Width of link: 8.5mm

Dick C

Oct 14, 2009
Country

Spaceman Spiff;1108357 said:
Yes, but it has to be 43-links-per-foot, not 42-links-per-foot. This post doesn't say anything about the size. But I'll relay this to my friend tomorrow and see if he's already checked with Merritt's.

Thanks very much for your time.
Sincerely,
John
Here is the details in the post; note that it is 43 per foot

Ladder Chain 72" Length

* Brass plated
* 43 links per foot
* 1.3 mm wire diameter
* 72" per length

Spaceman Spiff

Jun 19, 2006
St. Petersburg, Florida
www.myspace.com
Country
Region

GregS;1108428 said:
John, scroll down on Merritts webpage. Here are the specs:
Ladder Chain 72" Length
* Brass plated
* 43 links per foot
* 1.3 mm wire diameter
* 72" per length
Whoops! Didn't scroll down far enough. Thanks!! (And thanks, Dick).
I just called my friend and told him, and gave him the link.
(Now, if he calls me back and tells me he needs ANOTHER size, I'm going to tell him "ENOUGH!! You're on your own!" ha ha).

Moderators: You can delete this topic from the thread. (I think that's how it works, right? If I need to do something myself, please let me know).

Thanks again, everyone!
John

Bill Stuntz

NAWCC Member
Apr 6, 2012
Columbus. OH
Country
Region
Re: HELP? - RACK NEEDED for a "MAUTHE" GERMAN WMC GF MOVEMENT

This is a dummy response. I don't have one.

bangster

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Jan 1, 2005
utah
Country
Region
Re: HELP? - RACK NEEDED for a "MAUTHE" GERMAN WMC GF MOVEMENT

Me neither. :p

Spaceman Spiff

Jun 19, 2006
St. Petersburg, Florida
www.myspace.com
Country
Region

(Wasn't sure if this topic of the thread had been deleted yet).

Anyway, just an update/FYI: Merritt's no longer sells the ladder chain. They said they just haven't gotten around to deleting the entry from their website yet.

Meanwhile, my friend thinks he has found another source--a machinist or someone who actually makes the chain (and was supposedly the supplier for Merritt's and/or Timesavers, etc). Anyway, he's following up on his own now. I just wanted to let everyone know it's not available from Merritt's anymore.

Thanks again for all the assistance!
John

Chris Waak

May 9, 2017
Country
Pennwood Motor

Hello, I'm looking for a PENNWOOD Motor or a suitable replacement.
E15450
A2624A1
120V 60C
3.7w
1 RPM
L
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Chris

prideofmatchingham

Dec 13, 2011
Kolkata, India
Country
Re: Pennwood Motor

Need an 8 Hammer Assembly for English Triple Fusee Clocks. The hammer heads are typically heart shaped. A picture of similar is given here. Pl PM me.

Thanks

305109.jpg

Attachments

cuckooqueen

May 14, 2017
Country
Re: Clock Parts Wanted-Cuckoo Figurines

Hello!

I am looking for replacement figurines for a DER FROHLICHE or Loetscher "Barry and His Pups" series Cuckoo Clock. I looked online for replacements and cannot seem to find any. I am looking for any of the carved dogs, but want the pair of dogs that includes an adult dog and puppy with chain leashes attached. I would be fine with purchasing dog figurines that are similar to these online as well if anyone has any recommendations.

I am new to restoring cuckoos, and there is a discrepancy in the name and most common brand of who produced the clocks that look like this from my research efforts. I apologize for incorrect names due to this. Below I have attached photos of a clock listed on eBay that was labeled as a Der Frohliche. Photos belong to eBay seller diana998 and her eBay store is "Low Country Loot." These are the dog figurines I am looking for:

305777.jpg 305778.jpg

Thanks so much,

Jacey

EscapeWheel

Mar 19, 2003
Country
Region

Hi Jacey,
There are some similar ones posted on Ebay. One has an adult dog with two pups and chains. The title is "3 Saint Bernard Dogs Carved Wood". Another one is titled "St. Bernard Miniature Standing Dog Figurine". I did a search for Carved Saint Bernard and found them. There are more.
Good luck!
Phil

breeze

May 2, 2010
Country
Region
Re: Seth Thomas#10 movement parts

Davidt, have you had any luck with your Seth Thomas Eclipse dial yet? I have an Eclipse that someone had planed to convert to a wall hanger, they added cork backing to the back and inside the case, no top. Dial has had some preservation work done but is not in great shape. I'm not very good at this but can try to add pictures if you like.

Breeze

prideofmatchingham

Dec 13, 2011
Kolkata, India
Country

I am sorry to be reposting.
Can someone help with names of chiming fusee part suppliers who may have 8 hammer assembly for fusee bracket clocks?
Thanks

dalehuff

May 31, 2017
Country
PAM Clock Diamond Bezel wanted

I'm looking for the brass bezel for a #15 inch diamond shaped PAM clock.

JTD

Sep 27, 2005
Country
Re: PAM Clock Diamond Bezel wanted

Welcome to the board.

I would contact the PAM company at www.pamcompany.com and ask if they can supply it. Otherwise I suppose you would have to hope one comes up on E-Bay or someone as one in the 'box of bits'.

JTD

cuckooqueen

May 14, 2017
Country

Hi, Phil!

Thank you so very much!! I was having trouble getting anything similar to come up. Great suggestions!

-Jacey

R&A

Oct 21, 2008
Country

prideofmatchingham;1116671 said:
I am sorry to be reposting.
Can someone help with names of chiming fusee part suppliers who may have 8 hammer assembly for fusee bracket clocks?
Thanks
PM me I might be able to make them for you

Rockin Ronnie

NAWCC Member
Nov 18, 2012
Greenfield, Nova Scotia
antiquevintageclock.com
Country
Region

I have an Aug Schatz W3 movement that I bought at a flea market. It has been serviced more than once (not by me) and it runs and chimes well (Westminster, Whittington and St Michael's). I am looking for a case with 8-rod chime block to fit the movement. Please PM me. 307737.jpg 307738.jpg 307740.jpg

Ron

rfyans

NAWCC Member
Nov 4, 2008
Narragansett, RI
Country
Region
Movement needed for Durfee Banjo clock

I have recently acquired a nice Walter Durfee banjo clock with great reverse painted tablets signed by D. J. Steele and a large, carved eagle. Only problem is that the movement was replaced with a quartz movement. How anyone can do this is beyond comprehension! Durfee purchased his movements from Waltham and were usually stamped "Walter Durfee, Providence, RI". However, a standard Waltham movement stamped "Waltham Clock Co." would work just fine. Should anyone have a movement they would part with, please contact me in "messages". 311309.jpg 311310.jpg 311311.jpg

Attachments

bikerclockguy

Jul 22, 2017
Country
Clock Part Wanted

311938.jpg

I am in the market for a 4 1/4" porcelain dial like the one pictured. I have seen some like this without the SETH THOMAS logo, but in the interest of keeping the clock original, I am only interested in this exact dial. Thanks!

devore

Mar 13, 2010
Clock Parts Wanted - Applied Roman Numeral VI

I'm in need of an applied Roman numeral "VI". See attached picture. Numeral height is 7/16". 1/2" would work. Thanks
312005.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

George Nelson

NAWCC Member
Deceased
Oct 5, 2007
Tennessee
Country
Region
Re: Clock Parts Wanted - Applied Roman Numeral VI

devore:

You might have better luck posting this in the "Clock Parts Wanted" permanent thread at the top of each thread listing page. Perhaps you can ask a moderator to move it for you.

Best always,

George Nelson

bikerclockguy

Jul 22, 2017
Country

I started a new thread because when I tried to post on the existing thread, I got a message saying it was too old

isgus

May 26, 2015
Brampton
Country

Looking for the proper suspension assembly for my New Haven. First picture shows what I am looking for. Second picture shows what I rigged up by bending a suspension rod, a little muffler tape and using a pendulum hanger and piece of aluminum. Surprisingly it is working and keeping good time.

312596.jpg 312597.jpg

Attachments

R&A

Oct 21, 2008
Country

Gilbert makes one very similar to this one I have one that I maybe able to copy for you Contact me

jacob

Mar 17, 2007
Kelowna BC, Canada
Country
Region
Schatz platform escapement

Clock parts wanted
I am looking for a Schatz platform escapement for my Royal Chime mantelclock (same as their Royal Mariner). The clock has a W3 movement, with a brokenseven jewel platform.
Please PM me if you can help. Thanks, Jacob

vanhooglesnort

Oct 14, 2012
Re: Schatz platform escapement

I have a Gustav Becker model 1915 movement that is missing the hour pipe. Is this a part I'll have to make or is there any chance of finding a replacement?

Kevin W.

NAWCC Member
Apr 11, 2002
Nepean, Ontario, Canada
Country
Region
Re: Schatz platform escapement

Jacob it may be cheaper just to replace the broken platform escapement. Getting it repaired may cost more than a new one.

vanhooglesnort

Oct 14, 2012
Mainspring Barrel

I need a mainspring barrel. 84 teeth. Great wheel diameter is 53mm. Total height of the barrel is 23.5mm.

berntd

Jun 21, 2009
Sydney
Country
Synchronome pendulum, pallets, suspension wanted or suitable pendulum like IBM etc

I will be resurrecting a Synchronome clock but the pendulum assemblt was removed and is now missing.

Any suitable pendulum from a Master clock can probaby work.
I can adapt it if needed and make the pallets if needed.

Regards
Bernt

vectra

May 7, 2013
England
Country
Region
Bentima bezzel hinge

Hello,

Some help please, I'm after 2 hinge fixings for my Bentima clock case (with a triple chime Hermle movement 1050-020). The hinges seams to be fixed to the outer brass ring with 2 small screws

Cannot find any shops that do this and nothing on Fleebay, anybody here have a couple I can buy, please.....

The first 2 pictures show where the missing hinges should go and the 3rd and 4th shows the completed hinge (this is another clock that needs a clean and service)

I'm close to the M6 motorway, junction 16, South Cheshire, England.

Any advice please.

Regards
V 315515.jpg 315516.jpg 315517.jpg 315518.jpg

vectra

May 7, 2013
England
Country
Region
Re: Bentima bezzel hinge

Hmmmmm this was to go into the parts wanted.... strange it ended up here...

Regards
V

ClipClock

Deceased
Jun 20, 2013
Kent, UK
Country
Mainspring Barrel for Urgos UW20008 movement

Hoping someone might have one of these laying around! I have one with ripped out teeth on the time side mainspring barrel and the wall of the barrel looks very thin to splice in replacement teeth.

The barrel measures 15 mm depth, 43 mm diameter across the teeth.

Thank you! :)

kinsler33

Aug 17, 2014
Lancaster, Ohio, USA
Country
Region
Re: Mainspring Barrel for Urgos UW20008 movement

Hoping someone might have one of these laying around! I have one with ripped out teeth on the time side mainspring barrel and the wall of the barrel looks very thin to splice in replacement teeth.

The barrel measures 15 mm depth, 43 mm diameter across the teeth.

Thank you! :)
I wonder if Mark Butterworth has these, and whether he sells parts internationally. He's at butterworthclocks.com, and use 'butterworth' as both username and password, if I've got it right.

M Kinsler

TimeafterTime

NAWCC Member
Jun 29, 2016
Fort Wayne, IN
Country
Region
I need a Urgos Winding Arbor Limit Wheel or Stop Wheel. The diameter is about 26.85mm or 1.057". Please see picture.

DSC_0224[1].JPG DSC_0225[1].JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosGraveyard
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller