Chris

NAWCC Business
Nov 4, 2001
Ellsworth, Maine
clocksbychristopher.com
Country
Region
Re: Vienna regulator pulleys

Looking for 10 inch dial and bezel for a chain drive grandfather movement. I have a fairly newer inlaid bombe tall case that has a crappy battery movement and unappealing dial. I want to install a Kieninger mantel clock movement that I have and a nice dial / bezel. Ideally, the dial should be about 10 inches, but can be a bit bigger. 274862.jpg 274863.jpg

igotsteel

Jul 11, 2016
North Carolina
Country
Region
Chelsea Clock Parts

Hello all. I need to replace the hands on a Chelsea Wythe House Clock. I have looked for parts, movements, how-to's, maintenance, care, setting, diagrams, you name it, and so far I have not been able to find a single spec. on these clocks. Anyone having any info. at nall. all, please let me know.. Thanks in advance for help..

Jim_Miller

NAWCC Member
Mar 6, 2001
Jackson, Michigan
Country
Region
Re: Looking for regula 34 Cuckoo gong arm

QuietMike;1045382 said:
Does anyone have the arm that strikes the gong / and or the gong for the regula 34 movement?
Mike, is this what you're looking for & do you still need it? 275551.jpg

QuietMike

Jun 14, 2016
Orangevale, CA
Country

It is, but I was able to find a shop online that had the set and a couple of other prices I needed
thank you though

Jim_Miller

NAWCC Member
Mar 6, 2001
Jackson, Michigan
Country
Region

QuietMike;1045892 said:
It is, but I was able to find a shop online that had the set and a couple of other prices I needed
thank you though
Not a problem, I'm glad you found what you needed.
Jim

Jay Fortner

Feb 5, 2011
Chiefland,Fl.
Country
Region

I'm in need of an empty brass weight shell for a modern GF clock to make a faux boiler/ballast tank for a steam engine powered clock that will run off an aquarium compressor. A 40mm shell would be preferred but I'll make a 60mm shell work. I'm trying to keep the size down to where it will all fit under a standard size torsion clock dome.
Don't need end caps or rod, I would prefer a polished finish with no dents and OK if tarnished.

Thanks, J.

igotsteel

Jul 11, 2016
North Carolina
Country
Region
Re: Chelsea Clock Parts

Thanks for your interest and reply. Since my post , I have contacted Chelsea Clocks and they said no can do. The Wythe House clock has been out of production since the 1970's. The hands on clock would need to be repaired to keep it original.

MLSchlot

NAWCC Business
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2001
Fairhope, Alabama
thesandsoftime.biz
Country
Region
Re: Clock Parts Wanted

I'm looking for a Hermle 791-081 (or *81) movement to cannibalize for parts. Specifically, I need the complete strike hammer arbor. Any help is most appreciated.

Regards -- Mike

sewers0000

Oct 19, 2013
e howard #70 original style suspension spring

Looking for e howard #70 original style suspension spring. Thanks

502*cmk

NAWCC Member
Dec 17, 2009
Louisville, KY
Country
Region
Urgos Clock hands wanted

I have a Urgos G/F clock (including the dial shown) like shown in the picture attached, but do not have the hands. Have some newer hands like shown on 258399.jpg e-bay but that's not what I need. If any one has some hands like in the picture please let me know. Minute hand is 4 3/4" from center, 5" over all.

R&A

Oct 21, 2008
Country
Re: Urgos Clock hands wanted

You should post this in parts wanted. Might have a better chance

kinsler33

Aug 17, 2014
Lancaster, Ohio, USA
Country
Region

I am looking for an 18-tooth cuckoo music movement. Nobody seems to sell the things. What I really need is the large gear that lives on the end of the pin drum, but this seems to be integral with the drum itself, so I'll do what I can with the drum/gear combination--I'm not sure that the customer knows what the original tune was, anyway. The gear teeth were worn down through what I assume was massive abuse--it had to have been a child--and I can't think of a way to restore them. Here's a picture of the original:

275645.jpg

Mark Kinsler

R&A

Oct 21, 2008
Country
Re: Kieninger HS-020 Hand Shaft Needed

What is wrong with the one you have??

upstateny

Oct 2, 2015
Country
Re: Kieninger HS-020 Hand Shaft Needed

The complete end of the hand shaft is broken off and the shaft is bent 30° in two places one next to the front plate and another in between the motion works. More $ to make a new shaft thank the movement is worth.

Last edited by a moderator:

502*cmk

NAWCC Member
Dec 17, 2009
Louisville, KY
Country
Region
Urgos Clock hands wanted

View attachment 4182 Urgos Clock hands wanted

I have a Urgos G/F clock (including the dial shown) like shown in the picture attached, but do not have the hands. Have some newer hands like shown on 258399.jpg e-bay but that's not what I need. If any one has some hands like in the picture please let me know. Minute hand is 4 3/4" from center, 5" over all.​

WRabbit

NAWCC Member
Jun 1, 2016
Texas
Country
Region
Marti Hand(s) Needed

I'm looking for a minute hand (or set) for a Marti movement.

Minute Hand - arbor center to tip - 41mm/1.61"
(this is as close as I could guesstimate)
Hour hand - arbor center to tip - 36.5mm/1.44"

278525.jpg 278526.jpg

Any help appreciated.

Jim

Alfred Coombs

New User
Dec 19, 2012
Junghans 103 movement

I am looking for another Junghans 103 (1910-1920?) movement as I need a new music box wheel that drives the hammers on the back.. The extension shaft of the music box wheel protruding through the 2 small brass funky looking plates shaft has snapped off and must be replaced.. If I have to get the entire motor then so be it... Please PM me or call me at 617-504-3687... I do not check this website very much so it would be easier to call or e-mail me at ticktockboston@yahoo.com Thankyou

CJo

NAWCC Member
Aug 22, 2005
southwest Kansas.
Country
Region
Seth Thomas Lincoln gong

279664.jpg I am looking for a gong for my ST Lincoln. This is a picture from Tran Duy Ly book. Please PM me, if you have one to sell. Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

I thought I was putting this in 'parts wanted' but that is not where it went, could someone move it there please.

Robert Manke

Dec 9, 2015
W&H Cottage Clock Pendulum

Any suggestions where to look for a W&H cottage clock pendulum would be appreciated. The pendulum has a side hook. An example of what I'm missing is shown.

Bob Manke

280238.jpg

Chris

NAWCC Business
Nov 4, 2001
Ellsworth, Maine
clocksbychristopher.com
Country
Region
Seth Thomas Roller jewel needed

I need a roller jewel for a Seth Thomas "Regatta" ships clock and barometer set. It has a Seth Thomas 115D movement in it and the platform has three mounting screws. Help appreciated, Chris.

Jim W

NAWCC Member
Sep 1, 1976
New Jersey, USA

I have a Chelsea instrument chart driver movement which appears to have the same platform escapement as the Chelsea Radio Room clock (which I also have).

email me at jimsyb@att.net if interested.

Jim W 281082.jpg

Karl Burghart

NAWCC Member
Jan 30, 2012
Ballston Spa, NY
Country
Region

Not sure if this would be better in the watch parts section but I'm looking for a balance wheel and hairspring for a Jaeger Le Coulte Rue De La Paix street light clock. Movement is caliber 229.

Ralph

NAWCC Member
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2002
Country

I need the autocorrect arm for a Seth Thomas 124 movement. The arm is the same on the electric version of the movement. There are more than one version. I have a different one than the image I'm including, but either or any will work. It's the brass on in the center of the image.

281542.jpg

Thanks, Ralph

roman16

Mar 4, 2006
Clock movement needed for repair. 30 hour weight Boardman Movement.

Hi. Does anyone have this exact movement available needed for a restoration project. It's an early 30 hour Boardman weight movement. Sometimes unsigned which is unimportant. I've attached a picture for reference. Notice the arched cutouts in the front plate, 1st main time gear in front at the top of the movement, 1st main strike gear in front on the bottom of the movement, escape wheel bridge fastened at 3 o'clock position, and two rivets at 4 and 10 hold the bridge on the front plate. If you need better pictures for reference the movement is pictured in Horology Americana page 163, and in Roberts Connecticut Clock Technology book one page 240, revised edition page 284. You can also see examples in the NAWCC Bulletin, # 221, Dec 1982, pages 765 (Fig 78); 767 (Fig 82); 768 (Fig 83)." Please feel free to email me directly with questions/pictures/price at reservistsrcool@yahoo.com. Thanks.

282161.jpg

righted pic added by bangster, moderator. 281639.jpg

shimmystep

Mar 5, 2012
Cambridge, UK
Country
Region
Re: Clock movement needed for repair. 30 hour weight Boardman Movement.

roman16;1058966 said:
Hi. Does anyone have this exact movement available needed for a restoration project. It's an early 30 hour Boardman weight movement. Sometimes unsigned which is unimportant. I've attached a picture for reference. Notice the arched cutouts in the front plate, 1st main time gear in front at the top of the movement, 1st main strike gear in front on the bottom of the movement, escape wheel bridge fastened at 3 o'clock position, and two rivets at 4 and 10 hold the bridge on the front plate. If you need better pictures for reference the movement is pictured in Horology Americana page 163, and in Roberts Connecticut Clock Technology book one page 240, revised edition page 284.
Prob need to put the pics in the post :)

roman16

Mar 4, 2006
Re: Clock movement needed for repair. 30 hour weight Boardman Movement.

Thanks. got the picture up this time.

Steve DCW

New User
Sep 21, 2016
Country
1910-1920 (?) Hamburg-American count wheel assembly

I have what I believe to a Hamburg-American movement dating to 1910-1920 that, according to my horologist, is missing its count wheel counting cam, pinion, all attached to an arbor.
The numbers on the movement are 141/36, with the number 200 underneath.Here are some pictures.
281728.jpg 281729.jpg 281730.jpg 281731.jpg 281732.jpg 281733.jpg 281734.jpg
In the last picture, the number 15 indicates the wheel and some of its associated parts.
Can anybody help me locate these parts - or even a complete movement?
Thanks for any help.

RJSoftware

Apr 15, 2005
Loxahatchee, Florida
Country
Region
Re: 1910-1920 (?) Hamburg-American count wheel assembly

Junghans and HAC often have interchangeable parts. Junghans took over HAC I think they used same equipment. Junghans parts movements are easy to get. Also, they both have the unmistakable large middle wheel between the two mainspring wheels on unmarked movements.

RJ

Walt Wallgren

NAWCC Member
Aug 16, 2012
Bay Area, California
Country
Region
Re: 1910-1920 (?) Hamburg-American count wheel assembly

New Haven Pendulum

HI I am looking for a pendulum for a New Haven Nyanza or Waring banjo clock. The one I am looking for is about 4.5 inches in diameter, has a very short wood pendulum rod that hooks into the steel suspension spring/pendulum rod assembly. Any help would be appreciated.

Walt

283012.jpg

Frank Manning

Nov 22, 2005
Vernon, CT
E. N. Welch verge and crutch for weight driven wall clock

Hi,

I am in need of a verge assembly for a weight driven E. N. Welch clock. It has two spools that wind up the cables for the weight. I can send a picture of the movement if needed.

Thanks

Frank Manning

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
Re: E. N. Welch verge and crutch for weight driven wall clock

Frank, it would be helpful to know the number of teeth on the EW, and whether it is a recoil or a deadbeat type. Could you supply that info please?

LeeRex

Feb 17, 2016
Country
Wanted: Urgos escape wheel

I have an old Urgos 7/106 that needs an escape wheel and especially the proper arbor! Finding even a mention of this particular model has been difficult. Anyone know where I can find such a thing?

502*cmk

NAWCC Member
Dec 17, 2009
Louisville, KY
Country
Region
Model 'Gard"  Waterbury Crystal Regulator

Looking for the "trim" or bead work, that went around the top middle finial of this 1912 Waterbury model "Gard" clock. 284003.png

f.webster

NAWCC Fellow
NAWCC Member
Dec 18, 2009
Louisville, KY
Country
Region
Re: Need a platform for a Chelsea clock #645991

I have all the parts for this Jahresuhrenfabrik Carriage clock. Some say it is a throw away clock; however, I want to restore it. The movement looks great however, the music box mechanism is in bad shape. I am looking for a complete musical assembly. I can make one good assembly out of two if the comb is in fair shape. This comb has 36 teeth. A similar mechanism (more or less teeth) having a drive gear at the end of the cylinder would (might) work. FYI that gear has 30 teeth. I don't know how critical that is.

Thanks for looking though you stuff.

285746.jpg 285747.jpg 285748.jpg 285749.jpg

Chris

NAWCC Business
Nov 4, 2001
Ellsworth, Maine
clocksbychristopher.com
Country
Region
Jauch 64 mainspring movement needed

I'm looking for a complete, rebuildable Jauch 64 mainspring wound grandfather movement. The one I have in for repair was damaged by the owner. He brought it in and I don't know if he fiddled with the pallets or not, but if I set the lock and release so that it doesn't hang up on a tooth, the depth is too shallow and it stops.

Any help appreciated.

I also need a leader for a PL96 Jauch tube chime movement.

clockdoc01

NAWCC Member
Feb 1, 2008
E Howard 70 Center Shaft Needed

Working on a Howard 70 wall clock and the center shaft was broken off even with the front plate. Looking for another shaft or someone who can make one fairly quickly. I have the brass gear, would just need the shaft and pinion assembly made or a complete replacement gear if a doner is available.
Thanks,
Keith

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
Re: Jauch 64 mainspring movement needed

Chris;1068492 said:
I'm looking for a complete, rebuildable Jauch 64 mainspring wound grandfather movement. The one I have in for repair was damaged by the owner. He brought it in and I don't know if he fiddled with the pallets or not, but if I set the lock and release so that it doesn't hang up on a tooth, the depth is too shallow and it stops.

Any help appreciated.

It's going to be a tough one to find. Your best bet is to post some pictures and inquire about repairing it in the repair forum.

RJSoftware

Apr 15, 2005
Loxahatchee, Florida
Country
Region
Re: Jauch 64 mainspring movement needed

Hey Chris. Why not redo the palettes? If they are metal only and you have a propane torch you can wrap the pallet with iron wire and heat it up red hot. The wire wrapping will prevent it from cooling fast and that will enable you to bend the palettes and see if you can improve the lock/drop situation. Bend small increments one way (in) and see if that improves, else spread/bend other (out). Also consider that in some instances people will flip a palette to make a recoil type into half deadbeat or vise-versa. A recoil needs no impulse angle but half dead beat will usually have impulse angled on ends of palette. Deadbeat is more accurate, recoil is more robust to run.

But first establish that your ew teeth are not bent. Use high power loupe. On each ew tooth is a straight side. With tweezers or small needle nose pliers gently pull each tooth tips out straight with the straight side of tooth. No curved (sharks teeth). Also know if one or more of the ew teeth have been shortened even a hair of length the impulse will eventually stop. They all can be brought to same height by removing a gnats hair by turning on lathe with a stone. But you have to be careful not to remove too much. Just enough to see a little effect on ew tips. Then straighten that out with needle nose as mentioned.

Chris;1068492 said:

Any help appreciated.

RJSoftware

Apr 15, 2005
Loxahatchee, Florida
Country
Region
Re: Need a platform for a Chelsea clock #645991

This clock has a few copy manufactures. Same design for gear engagement too. Check German clocks like Mauthe (FMS) as some go cheap for parts on the bay. You might even be able to land a comb. Looks like 36 teeth. I know repairing a comb is near impossible as the teeth even have lead attached to fine tune. You might be able to adapt a good comb with different screw holes by drilling. Music boxes are cheap at the Goodwill.

RJ

f.webster;1067829 said:
I have all the parts for this Jahresuhrenfabrik Carriage clock. Some say it is a throw away clock; however, I want to restore it. The movement looks great however, the music box mechanism is in bad shape. I am looking for a complete musical assembly. I can make one good assembly out of two if the comb is in fair shape. This comb has 36 teeth. A similar mechanism (more or less teeth) having a drive gear at the end of the cylinder would (might) work. FYI that gear has 30 teeth. I don't know how critical that is.

Thanks for looking though you stuff.

285746.jpg 285747.jpg 285748.jpg 285749.jpg

devore

Mar 13, 2010
French Pendulums Wanted

I am in need two old French clock pendulums like the attached pic (with the bob center adjustment).

I need one 4-1/2" from the hook to the bob center & one 5-1/4" from the hook to the bob center (both w/ some remaining adjustment).

I prefer antique originals vs new replacement ones.

Thx!
286957.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Codozalator
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last page
Hard Life for Wristwatches by Roy Gardner